test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rule 62

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvP Gameplay
This is an essential part of any torpedo build.

It costs a nice chunk of Lobi which though the magic of which ever Fake currency scheme you use to get one is making Cryptic Real $....

Anyway Its broken.... I am pretty sure it was working just fine not that long ago.

Now its 10% boost to Torp and Mine dmg is in fact 2% or so.

Here is a real number from one of my torp boats
With the Rule 62 Chroniton MK XII Dmg 6665
Without the Rule 62 Chroniton MK XII Dmg 6520
Difference 145
That's 2.17% Not anywhere close to 10%

With Cloak Dmg Boost
With Rule 62 7636
With out Rule 62 7471
Difference 165
Difference 2.2%

Time Torp With Rule 62 19,538
With out Rule 62 19093
Difference 2.3%

I don't have any tests from earlier... however I am pretty confident that this was working as sold not that long at at 10%

[System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,908,591.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The riskier the road, the greater the profit.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I have to ask this:

Are you sure that still isn't the 10% off the base damage? Because it is a base damage boost I think.

That said, if it is broken, not surprised.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the 10% is applied to base damage (without the bonus of skill tree, or anything else).
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here is a real number from one of my torp boats
    With the Rule 62 Chroniton MK XII Dmg 6665
    Without the Rule 62 Chroniton MK XII Dmg 6520
    Difference 145
    That's 2.17% Not anywhere close to 10%

10% of a Chron's base damage would be ~115.8 or so additional damage before any buffs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Then they need to adjust the info so that no one in there right mind ever drops money on them.

Honestly I believe them to be broken.

KHG set adds almost 2k dmg to a torp.

For reference

My Chroniton MK XII with out Cloak bonus = 6665
    With 15% cloak dmg bonus = 7636
    With 25% Romulan Decloak = 8160

So thats 14.6% for the cloak dmg bonus
    And 22.4% for the rom bonus

Those are numbers that indicate proper % dmg boosts.

If the Rule 62 is NOT intended to work the same way... they either need to change the text description to say 2.2% (seeing as its worded the same way as those bonuses right now) Or change the working in a major way...
    Or honestly just remove that bonus from the console completely cause 2% is a bad joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    10% of a Chron's base damage would be ~115.8 or so additional damage before any buffs.

If the math honestly works out that poorly in relation to the other torp boosting items in the game then they need to change the console to just provide say a +30 to Starship Projectile weapons.

Honestly I am very much positive it was working previously and providing 500-1k depending on torp type... adding 100dmg to a torp is a joke... its a complete waste of a console slot. It annoys me that I own like 8 of the stupid things now at least and they are all useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Then they need to adjust the info so that no one in there right mind ever drops money on them.

Honestly I believe them to be broken.

KHG set adds almost 2k dmg to a torp.

For reference

My Chroniton MK XII with out Cloak bonus = 6665
    With 15% cloak dmg bonus = 7636
    With 25% Romulan Decloak = 8160

So thats 14.6% for the cloak dmg bonus
    And 22.4% for the rom bonus

Those are numbers that indicate proper % dmg boosts.

If the Rule 62 is NOT intended to work the same way... they either need to change the text description to say 2.2% (seeing as its worded the same way as those bonuses right now) Or change the working in a major way...
    Or honestly just remove that bonus from the console completely cause 2% is a bad joke.

The +25% from KHG is a base boost as well.
    The Cloak/Decloak is an ability boost, so it boosts the damage after any of the base modifiers.

Just like Tac consoles vs. Tac abilities sort of thing.

The T'varo 2pc is an actual +10% though, working like an ability rather than a console.

That +11% from the Rule 62 is only part of what it provides. There's the +Transfer and +Flow Caps. Make it a Universal...and that's going to be a fairly standard console type of thing.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    makes perfect sense if its working as intended by boosting the BASE damage, as not everyone has torp skills maxed out and buffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If the math honestly works out that poorly in relation to the other torp boosting items in the game then they need to change the console to just provide say a +30 to Starship Projectile weapons.

Honestly I am very much positive it was working previously and providing 500-1k depending on torp type... adding 100dmg to a torp is a joke... its a complete waste of a console slot. It annoys me that I own like 8 of the stupid things now at least and they are all useless.

Hrmmm, so it's +11%. Then for a Tac doing APA3/APO3/Rom Ambush w/ 100% Crit Severity...it would add 509.52 damage.

edit: +30 Projectile Weapons would add 173.7 damage instead of 127.38 damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well if you folks are right and its working as intended it is with out a doubt the most useless uni console Cryptic has... and I will make sure that everyone I know that plays the game never drops any EC or D or $ to pick this thing up ever for anything.

I still say it is working improperly.... regardless if you folks are right and it shouldn't be doing anymore then 2% for someone running torps. (lets be honest if your not speccing torps at all you don't run them... and you sure don't drop 50mil EC on a 200 lobi console).

At a min then Cryptic needs to change the descriptions on all these items.... they all say the same thing and do different things. lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hrmmm, so it's +11%. Then for a Tac doing APA3/APO3/Rom Ambush w/ 100% Crit Severity...it would add 509.52 damage.

edit: +30 Projectile Weapons would add 173.7 damage instead of 127.38 damage.

That's my point it doesn't add 509 dmg... it ads like 140. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aren't all tactical consoles saying that they provide +x% when in fact they only provide +skill which corresponds to +% of base damage? So it really is no surprise that this universal console does the same.

Of course, it is confusing since some things like APA or EPtW provide true percentages. And there was a time when Cryptic had made tactical consoles show only +x (without the"%"), but then changed that again (or more likely accidentally reverted to older code during a season update).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    Aren't all tactical consoles saying that they provide +x% when in fact they only provide +skill which corresponds to +% of base damage? So it really is no surprise that this universal console does the same.

Of course, it is confusing since some things like APA or EPtW provide true percentages. And there was a time when Cryptic had made tactical consoles show only +x (without the"%"), but then changed that again (or more likely accidentally reverted to older code during a season update).

I agree if it was the same for everthing...

Varo 2 piece says the same thing provides a 10% real bonus,

KHG says 25% and does 25%.

Cloak bonus says 15% ... Decloak 25%...

and ya they do that.

This console says 11.2% and does 2%.

If its intended to work that way they need to come up with a better description cause who in there right mind would spend $20-50 of real money or 50 mil ec for a console that does 2% and have half a power transfer and half a flow cap console ? its pretty useless as it is now honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The riskier the road, the greater the profit.

isnt it 10% base antonio?

I also discovered that it boosts cutter LOL

Oh TRIBBLE i quoted the wrong guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    captainf00kcaptainf00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

and ya they do that.

If its intended to work that way they need to come up with a better description cause who in there right mind would spend $20-50 of real money or 50 mil ec for a console that does 2% and have half a power transfer and half a flow cap console ? its pretty useless as it is now honestly.

This.

200 Lobi for +11.2 in projectile weapons? I heard multiple times in the past that it actually was a percent boost, not skill points. I would guess along the lines of what Hilbert said, that it's been accidentally changed somewhere along the line. I tested it also. As it stands now it's not worthy for use in a torp build IMO. Perhaps a good place for another neut.

On a positive note, It seems that someone has been working on descriptions, which is nice to see.
    RHINO | SAD PANDAS
  • Options
    edited August 2013

and ya they do that.

From the numbers I've seen people provide, the KHG 2pc is a console-like boost and not an ability-like boost. It's providing +25% of the base, not +25% of the modified base.

If you break the set and then add it back, you should see +289.5 damage for the Chrons.

The T'varo 2pc is the only one that I know of that breaks that "base" rule. Cloaking is an ability, so it works like the ability mods in boosting the modified damage rather than base damage.

Tac Consoles, Rule 62, 2pc KHG, 2pc Jem, 2pc Nukara Appropriated, Rom Sci [Pla]...all the gear stuff outside the T'varo 2pc is working on base. Can't remember is there are any other ship consoles/sets that boost damage - it would be interesting to see/know if there are, if they're base or modified base boosting. If not, then the T'varo 2pc is really the odd man out of how things work for gear/abilities.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This.

200 Lobi for +11.2 in projectile weapons? I heard multiple times in the past that it actually was a percent boost, not skill points. I would guess along the lines of what Hilbert said, that it's been accidentally changed somewhere along the line. I tested it also. As it stands now it's not worthy for use in a torp build IMO. Perhaps a good place for another neut.

On a positive note, It seems that someone has been working on descriptions, which is nice to see.

It's not +11.2 Projectile Weapons. It's +11% of the base damage. So it's +22 Projectile Weapons. ;)

edit: And it's not just +11% Torp/Mine damage. It's also +46% Power Transfer Rate and +17 Flow Caps. It could be part of the Ferengi 2pc for the 20% EC discount in Sector Space or needed for the 3pc for the bonus to CXP as well as the DOFF assignments. Obviously it's not worth 200 Lobi for +11% base damage...but that's not all it's for...
  • Options
    captainf00kcaptainf00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not +11.2 Projectile Weapons. It's +11% of the base damage. So it's +22 Projectile Weapons. ;)

edit: And it's not just +11% Torp/Mine damage. It's also +46% Power Transfer Rate and +17 Flow Caps. It could be part of the Ferengi 2pc for the 20% EC discount in Sector Space or needed for the 3pc for the bonus to CXP as well as the DOFF assignments. Obviously it's not worth 200 Lobi for +11% base damage...but that's not all it's for...

Fair enough, but my point was that I expected the percentage to be applied after skill boosts,etc., such as the Varo 2-Piece does as it was my understanding that was how that particular console worked. Perhaps the information I had was inaccurate or perhaps the console has changed.

As far as the power transfer and flow caps, on a B'Rel or T'Varo torp build, running energy weapons would be counter productive as it requires decloaking and many if not most energy drain abilities (flow caps) force reveal as well. For sci/healer or torp boat builds, usually low weapon power with the remaining power split between S/E/A seems to be the norm so large power transfers aren't necessary. Running combo energy/projectile builds is somewhat prohibitive as well due to skill point restraints (though I do have builds I do that in). I also don't base my builds on how much EC I save while in sector space :D.
    RHINO | SAD PANDAS
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    As far as the power transfer and flow caps, on a B'Rel or T'Varo torp build, running energy weapons would be counter productive as it requires decloaking and many if not most energy drain abilities (flow caps) force reveal as well. For sci/healer or torp boat builds, usually low weapon power with the remaining power split between S/E/A seems to be the norm so large power transfers aren't necessary. Running combo energy/projectile builds is somewhat prohibitive as well due to skill point restraints (though I do have builds I do that in). I also don't base my builds on how much EC I save while in sector space :D.

Lol, I didn't say that the additional stuff particularly made sense to me - but it's there :)

As for the B'rel and T'varo, no doubt...though some folks do the Decloak Ambush thing...but it's the Ferengi Marauder named set. There's a boat named Ferengi Marauder, the D'kora. The console's always seemed more...RP fluff than anything else. Something for somebody doing that Ferengi themed adventures thing, heh. Cause face it, the other two parts of that Ferengi Marauder set...one was never good and the other's been nerfed all but into oblivion.

Course, speaking of the T'varo...the Rule 62 and the Burning Beach Ball o' Love? With an APA3/APO3 decloak crit (at least 100% severity), it would add over 4300 damage. But then again, the Mega Torp sports a base damage ~9x that of regular Torps. Course, not even 10% of that damage would be applied to the average shields out there.

edit: Were it to do something about increasing bleed, I'm sure they'd sell more of them.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why does everything have to be worse then it seems, it is getting so discouraging at this point

i was going for rule 62, but I guess im saving that lobi now
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    why does everything have to be worse then it seems, it is getting so discouraging at this point

i was going for rule 62, but I guess im saving that lobi now

Mission successful yes don't waste your lobi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    Mission successful yes don't waste your lobi.

I have 1 Fed Reman Sci T'Varo which has this console - but the newer KDF clone has not got it yet for her ship - knowing this I will avoid buying the console - so that's 200 lobi they lose - she has none on her account. I will keep the Aceton in the slot I would have put the console.

At least next lock-box the Fed toon should get the Aceton as well - one more good console still to go over.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    At least next lock-box the Fed toon should get the Aceton as well - one more good console still to go over.

Lol, unless they do the EPM/EIC switch. ;)
  • Options
    sdf01macrosssdf01macross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's good when it boosts "all damage" like with APA. If it is just "DMG" then it is referring to base DMG. I agree that it is misleading to most, but the game is pretty consistent on +%dmg vs +% all DMG.

If you think about it, it is better when you take into account +% all DMG skills. The 2% base damage boost is then boosted again with "all damage"' skills.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you think about it, it is better when you take into account +% all DMG skills. The 2% base damage boost is then boosted again with "all damage"' skills.

Just as an extreme example of sorts:

VR Chron Mk XII, 99 Weapons, 129 Projectile, 5x VR Mk XII Flux

5716.7 damage

APA3, APO3, Romulan Decloak

11433.4 damage

Crit w/ +100% Severity

22866.8 damage

So if we add the Rule 62 in there...

...as "gear" - 5844.1 / 11688.2 / 23376.4 (+2.2% damage, +509.6 damage)
    ...as "ability" - 5716.7 / 12005.07 / 24010.14 (+5% damage, +1143.34 damage)
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At the end of the day I do believe one thing we can all agree on.

Cryptic should be more concise in their descriptions and actually inform the players about what the various gear will do for them.

Then again if they did that the market for Mk12 purple tac consoles will vanish overnight so nevermind.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bareel wrote: »

Cryptic should be more concise in their descriptions and actually inform the players about what the various gear will do for them.

Absolutely.

You never know, it might even cut down on the number of angry threads! :P

Then again if they did that the market for Mk12 purple tac consoles will vanish overnight so nevermind.

Possibly.

For the truly dedicated min/max powergamer, they will buy them anyway when they can.

Roughly speaking...

A MK XI R usually adds about 6% (+26 bonus)
    A MK XI VR usually adds about 6.5% (+28 bonus)
    A MK XII VR probably adds about 7% (+30 bonus)

5x MK XII VR will give +10 bonus over 5x MK XI VR

So maybe an extra 1% to 2% over 5x MK XI VR

If I was rolling in ECs, I'd buy the MK XIIs for the extra 1%. ;)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Brevity is not a required element per se. Clarity, of course is, is. But, above all, the descriptions needs to be consistent. So, not 30% off base dmg, whereas other consoles, shield/deflectors, etc, list numbers in the absolute.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for this informative thread, I will be removing this console from my ships in order to make space for other more useful consoles.