test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beam Boat - Nukara Particle Converter?

ha99ardha99ard Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Hi all

I'm a KDF engineer with a beam ship semi tanky/semi DPS PvE setup. I was wondering if the Nukara Particle Converter (with 10% beam accuracy) is worth it? I am asking because I've never really seen it in any builds suggested by others but to me it seems quite decent.

While I'm here, I was also thinking about spending some money to get myself a cool ship. What would be the best one (I know that's somewhat subjective, but I just want some opinions) for the setup I mentioned above?

Cheers

ha99ard
Post edited by ha99ard on

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO the Tholian rep is ideal for anyone on the science department. As a console it boosts exotic damage (I'm not entirely sure if Theta or Eject Warp Plasma fall into that category.) like GW, TR etc. There is the added bonus for accuracy, but honestly with weapons at least [acc]x2, you will still hit your target 95% of the time.

"The Nukara Particle Converter universal console is capable of enhancing exotic damage, boosting your maximum shields and offering minor protection from power draining effects. Additionally, this console offers a boost to Accuracy with beam weapons."

+5 Shield Power Setting
    +17.3 Starship Power Insulators
    +17.3 Starship Particle Generator
    +10% Accuracy with Beam Weapons
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Accuracy boost of the Nukara console will help you crit slightly more often and for slightly more damage, and the power insulators helps a fair bit against enemies with shield drain abliities. Sounds like a solid console for beam boats. I don't have it since I haven't ground up the rep on any char yet and don't run a beam boat on any char.

As for a ship suggestion with blend of Tankiness and DPS the Fleet Tor'kaht is pretty much the top dog of the Klingon ships. Lieutenant Commander and Lieutenant Tac BOff stations with a Commander and Ensign Engineering backed up with 4 Engineering 2 Sci and 4 Tac consoles. 39.6K base hull and 1.1 Shield mod. In PvE it has more than enough turnrate to mount dual heavy cannons with a base of 10 and +10 Engine Power, but can still do a beam boat with it's 4 Fore, 4 Aft Weapon slots if you choose to. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Tor%27Kaht_Battle_Cruiser_Retrofit
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO the Tholian rep is ideal for anyone on the science department. As a console it boosts exotic damage (I'm not entirely sure if Theta or Eject Warp Plasma fall into that category.) like GW, TR etc. There is the added bonus for accuracy, but honestly with weapons at least [acc]x2, you will still hit your target 95% of the time. Also when one considers the drain beam weapons are prone to have the power insulators could be handy too.

"The Nukara Particle Converter universal console is capable of enhancing exotic damage, boosting your maximum shields and offering minor protection from power draining effects. Additionally, this console offers a boost to Accuracy with beam weapons."

+5 Shield Power Setting
    +17.3 Starship Power Insulators
    +17.3 Starship Particle Generator
    +10% Accuracy with Beam Weapons

PG's affect EWP but not Theta Radiation.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Nukara console is good for science ships, otherwise you're better off with something more focused. The accuracy buff is only worth giving up a slot when you consider all the other stuff that comes with it.
  • ha99ardha99ard Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    but honestly with weapons at least [acc]x2, you will still hit your target 95% of the time

Makes sense, but as far as I understand the [acc] on weapons only counts for that specific weapon and not universally for all your weapons, so having the console which does add accuracy for all the beams on my ship at the same time would allow me to pick some more CritH, CritD weapons. Or did I get that wrong?
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    +10 accuracy? Noob trap ... at this point with rep you should be tripping in accuracy one way or another.

Could you clarify some more? Even if I am "swimming" in accuracy, the console would allow me to have weapons with less accuracy and more CritD or CritH, no?
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    JUst because some developers dont even know their own game mechanics work doesnt mean you have to join the party.

Power insulators are something that is useful to spec because of power drain enemies (like Breen), especially for Romulans but to a point, if you are speced you are speced ... if you are not the 17 is not going to do much, at 3 pips its 54, meaning 71, that is not even 5 pips and at higher level you will not even feel much of the drain anyway, biggest threat is PvP and Borg Shield Neutralizer in PvE.

Regardless it will do a damn thing for weapons drain.

The console is another Universal Trap, either you build the ship to do one thing or you have it spread if doing a lot of things that it cannot do because abilities, for a Eng it depends on what ship you have but its not something you actually will been because if you are a Eng and have problems with power management you really need to respec badly.

+10 accuracy? Noob trap ... at this point with rep you should be tripping in accuracy one way or another.

Fixed that thanks! LOL