test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are we going to get plasma quads?

jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
I was messing about with my Rom ship configs (as I tend to do most days), when it hit me - no plasma quad cannons :(

I have my phaser quads, I have my disruptor quads, but no plasma quads.

So, any chance of adding them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why? They aren't even all that great, now if they gave them some actual extra mods or actually double the fire rate vs a dual cannon, and get rid of the engpwr drain now it might be worth using. I know someone is going to say it does fire faster, and with all the updates the last time I used them they fired the same volley as a dual cannon just with the base damage as if it fired double that. I will test them again to confirm, but it seemed to me they broke the correct visual/dmg of the weapon.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    I was messing about with my Rom ship configs (as I tend to do most days), when it hit me - no plasma quad cannons :(

I have my phaser quads, I have my disruptor quads, but no plasma quads.

So, any chance of adding them?

Geko mentioned in a priority one podcast that quad plasma cannons will probably be on the refit version of the soon to be released T4 tac warbird.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    Geko mentioned in a priority one podcast that quad plasma cannons will probably be on the refit version of the soon to be released T4 tac warbird.

Cool, missed the podcast with that info - thanks
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why? They aren't even all that great, now if they gave them some actual extra mods or actually double the fire rate vs a dual cannon, and get rid of the engpwr drain now it might be worth using. I know someone is going to say it does fire faster, and with all the updates the last time I used them they fired the same volley as a dual cannon just with the base damage as if it fired double that. I will test them again to confirm, but it seemed to me they broke the correct visual/dmg of the weapon.

I agree there are way too many drains for perfectly good skills like EM and FAW that makes no sense that there would be an extra energy drain on something that only modifies the shots.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »

The.... Mogai? We already have a refit AND a retrofit of it.

I imagine whatever ship they concoct to use as an engine to sell the Plasma Quad Cannons will be an original design.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    The.... Mogai? We already have a refit AND a retrofit of it.

I imagine whatever ship they concoct to use as an engine to sell the Plasma Quad Cannons will be an original design.

The Mogai is a T3 ship.
    The current T4 ship is the 36-seconds-for-a-half-revolution engi warbird.