test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tailor Presets

cgjannekcgjannek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The new tailor Presets for Uniforms you bought are a nice thing but worthless, sadly because they only put on the clothes but do not set them to the "right" colours, which for me would be the whole purpose of a preset...
I'm perfectly capable of putting on 2 matching clothing items, getting the canon colours right is the main issue.
Post edited by cgjannek on

Comments

• Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I read the patch notes earlier and havent played the game yet.

I have the DS9 uniform, does anyone no what the presets for it are? Or is it just the top and bottoms?

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree that having the presets select the "canon" colour would be ideal, but upon further reflection, it would require the tailor to know which division (Command, Security/Operations, or Science/Medical for the canon uniforms) your character belongs to. I'm sure this would be doable, but I'm equally sure that this isn't something the tailor currently does, and would require some programming time to make it happen.

Of course, doing so would be an excellent first step towards letting us set specific uniforms for our entire crew, and as a result I'm all for it. :D
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    I have the DS9 uniform, does anyone no what the presets for it are? Or is it just the top and bottoms?
    The presets are just a quick way to select all of the costume pieces for a particular uniform - it's those drop-down boxes on the first screen when you go to the tailor. If you're already wearing a canon uniform, there's no reason to play with the presets.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still nothing about KDFRomulan/Reman uniform cropping problems.:(
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I agree that having the presets select the "canon" colour would be ideal, but upon further reflection, it would require the tailor to know which division (Command, Security/Operations, or Science/Medical for the canon uniforms) your character belongs to. I'm sure this would be doable, but I'm equally sure that this isn't something the tailor currently does, and would require some programming time to make it happen.

Of course, doing so would be an excellent first step towards letting us set specific uniforms for our entire crew, and as a result I'm all for it. :D

would be faster to just add the 3 colors as a choice like the recent used colors pallet ( which don't work correctly)
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The colors don't bother me. Just a few clicks and there it is. Besides why does that part really matter? When you see white, black, green, purple, and pinks ones running around. They will create their own anyways.

I used the presets for my Romulans, but still tweaked it some. And got what I wanted. As before presets, I had to match the pants to match the top, etc. By trying to see what did match. At least now you get a template. To say these match. Now just tweak it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is always Blackavaar's Uniforms guide which is the Academy section and also now part of STO Wiki. I don't think Blackavaar plays anymore so it's not going to be updated with uniforms beyond Legacy of Romulus, but most of them are still there.