test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo player looking for a fleet.

charlemangydogcharlemangydog Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Hi! The title explains it all really, I'm a solo player by preference. I'm usually online for several hours every day bouncing around the galaxy and pve queues, occasionally diving into pvp and generally just enjoying myself. I have one main character, a Fed science Captain.

My main reason for seeking out a fleet is, to be honest, the shinies :D I can promise however that I will donate like a TRIBBLE to whatever projects the fleet has lined up, I refuse to be a dead weight.

I'm not fond of mandatory fleet events but if a call goes out for a fleet action or other game, I'll jump at the chance to play!

If I sound like a good match for your fleet then please leave your handle and a brief description of your fleet and I will contact you, or, alternatively, contact me in-game @charlemangydog.

Thanks dudes
Post edited by charlemangydog on

Comments

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd like the bouncing :D .

As i am still at work, i can't write a complete story about our fleet. Although you can find more info in our the original STO Timelords fleet topic.

We don't do mandatory stuff, the only thing we ask you is to at least register on our forums. We are nearing T4, so it's going quite well for us.

If you would like to contact us, you can do so at these handles:

@stoutes (myself)
    @dorusnonn
    @abraxus1
    @flyingcatman

(these are just a couple of people i know out of my head, still at work ;) ).
  • Options
    captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd also like to offer a spot in a fleet I help run, the 11th Order.

We're a pretty mixed bag of what we do, we have some PVPers (including one of the Boot Camp coaches) plenty of PVEers and all stops in between.

Fleet Chat is usually pretty active, although many of us are in North America, so NA primetimes are the best times.

Since you want the shinies ;) I can tell you our Starbase sits at Tier 4 (halfway to T5 Military), our Embassy is maxed out at T3 and in less than 10 hours our T2 DL Mine upgrade becomes available to fill.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me ingame at @Cokecan, or a private message here.

Thanks much.
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • Options
    bridportbridport Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are Approaching Storm. We started life 7 years a go in a little game called World of ********! Since then we have been a successful Fleet/Guild across many games. Our goal has always been the same - be the best through outstanding teamwork.
    We are the fastest growing Fleet in STO, we started 4 weeks ago and are well on our way to becoming T3 Starbase. We take progression seriously.
    Are you in a fleet that's dead, a fleet that has no hope of reaching t5 or just stuck in a fleet that's already made it? You know what I mean a Fleet where you can never work your way up or earn any provisions. Is your Fleet leader "up himself and wallowing in self glory?!"
    We want active players from all around the world. We have 3 major Task Forces within out Fleet, we have the American Task Force, European Task Force and the Asian/Pacific Task Force, so no matter where you are in the world, you will always have Fleet members to play with.
    We would love to hear from you guys, to give you an idea of what we are about check out approachingstorm.guildportal.com or ask for Approaching Storm in zone chat. One of us will always reply and have a chat with you.
    Remember you are always welcome here.
    In Game Characters,
    Dagoth Commanding Officer of the R.S.S Sabre, Scimitar Class Dreadnought.
    Nelson, Commanding Officer of the Victory - E, Armitage Class Carrier.
    Jones, Commanding Officer of the Sovereign, Sovereign Class Battleship.
    Fleet Admiral of Approaching Storm, the Servers fastest growing Fleet.
  • Options
    tetsaboushakkentetsaboushakken Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to invite you to come visit the
    The United Federation of Planets. we are a large fleet spanning many time zones and our community is always looking for friendly players to join us!

The event officers in the {UFP} work very hard to provide many ways for our members to enjoy STO and Star Trek in general. From Role Playing, to end game STF's we have it all.

The fleet is more then happy to help a new member get there feet under them! Community is what we are all about! Come by and pay us a visit! There is zero pressure to group if you wish to play solo. But should you want to group up and have some fun, you are always welcome to join with the fleet.

There is no pressure to donate with us. The memberbase is wonderful and a true joy to be around. Give us a look.

Regards
    Shakken
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that?s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast and Midwest (USA), Canada, England and we recently re-established our Australian branch. :D

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2410 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch. Our Starbase is nearing the Tier 4 jump off point and we have started making inroads into advancing towards a Tier 3 Embassy and Tier 1 Dilithium Mine. We also provide many commodities to all for donation to the projects.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don?t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Greetings from The Mak'Tar!

Just to add to your list for consideration I'd like to offer you an open invitation if you would be interested in becoming a part of our growing family. We are based off the movie Galaxy Quest which is a Star Trek parody and a highly recommended film to watch.

We're a very laid back fleet that looks to offer a mature and relaxed environment with no drama for all our members. Communication is one of our biggest policies and we offer an open door policy to all members, so if you have a problem, suggestion or an idea to help the fleet improve in any aspect we are here to listen and help.

We run regular events for all our members with prizes to be won and have no strict requirements to log on so many hours per week. If you need to take a break we have a Risa Shore Leave thread which you can post in and we'll add you to the "Risa Shore Leave" group until you want to come back.

We have members across the US, Canada, UK and the rest of Europe ranging from 18 to 50 years old. We also offer many fleet roles in the fleet if there is anything to your liking that you would like to take part in. Working together as a family/team is a big priority for us and of course having fun and a laugh in game/on Mumble!

Feel free to have a look at our website and hopefully you might find it's the place for you. We also offer a voice server on Mumble which we use for Fleet Events, STFs and just general hanging out. Our website registration is mandatory as it's our main portal for communication.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Never give up, never surrender!

Fleet Admiral Nierion

http://themaktar.enjin.com/home
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    williamhbwilliamhb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    New Casual European Fleet seeking members. We are a completely new Fleet, Tier 0/0/0.Our motto is --> equality <--, and Open Fleet stores for all Rank 2 members and above. We want to Explore, Grind, PvE, PvP, simply for fun.

Want to be part of a new and growing Fleet? Wana help shaping a fleet from the ground up!?
    Join us by wishpering ingame:

@Fumper
    @williamhb
    @rogabean
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello friend. We might be the fleet you are looking for we are Liberty Task Force at www.libertytaskforce.com and we welcome solo players as well. We are a Tier III fleet that started 3 months ago. Our recruitment post can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=686051

Also visit our site for more information on our About Us and Progression page. Take care and good luck.

-Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    cbp4964cbp4964 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wellsir, looks like you've got everybody's attention with that. I'm in charge of the Rogue Squadron of Starfleet, and one of our biggest problems is getting a bunch of people into the fleet, and then very few of them keep playing. We can use every active player we can get to keep the fleet alive and help with projects. Our starbase is T3 all the way through(science branch approaching T4), our embassy is currently counting down it's last, already filled, upgrade. Our dilithium mine is getting through the upgrades pretty quickly, I think it's currently T2. All this for a fleet that was just started back in November 2012. Any member can invite other players, but if you'd sooner talk to a Rogue Leader, the handles are @cbp4964, @Subado, @justinstuff, and @tatuajeoscuro

Vice Admiral Rosso, Starfleet Tactical, Rogue Leader
    Fleet Admiral Rosso, Starfleet Tactical, Rogue Leader
    Proud to lead the Rogue Squadron of Starfleet
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2013

My main reason for seeking out a fleet is, to be honest, the shinies :D I can promise however that I will donate like a TRIBBLE to whatever projects the fleet has lined up, I refuse to be a dead weight.

I'm not fond of mandatory fleet events but if a call goes out for a fleet action or other game, I'll jump at the chance to play!

First off let me say I completely understand the desire to jump in with fellow fleet mates on missions, while not wanting to get tied down in mandatory events.

One of the things we pride ourselves with at SSO is just that, the choice of the member. We never make our members fall in line for anything, we have raids going at almost all times of the day as we are US and EU based, and have done pretty much everything there is to do in game.

Second is the shinies, we have taken a different approach at this than a lot of other fleets, when you decide you want the provisions needed to get what you want you basicly buy them in game yourself, this is as simple as filling out a provision mission and once its done you have earned them, they are yours and you can spend as many as you have whenever you like, its very simple.

As far as what are fleet is about thats simple too, you, the members. We don't have a long complicated list of ranks, we don't have a rule back the size of the big book, infact our one and only rule is don't be a D-bag to fellow fleet members, again its that simple.

In any event I truely hope you find a good home out in STO and wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,

Loki
    Lock@Stone_loki
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now that way more thought out fleet have put out their advertisement I might as well put out ours.

Free Marches Confederacy:

We provide imaginary land, peasants to work it and a comely wench. Horse and weaponry not provided. Pulse optional.

We don't require donations, but they are nice. We don't have mandatory events. Or events even. We will very much leave you alone as we very much leave each other alone. We're tiny but are nearing T3 SB to give you an idea of where we are in regards to those shinies. However, being small we always, always have provisions on hand for damn near anything which I think is the only good thing about us.

Best of luck finding a good home. STO's community is great at providing them. If you do choose us send me a message in game @Lord_Vale_Cortez.

Cheers,
    Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Archduke of the FMC
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    corseaucorseau Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey I am with UFP Starfleet we are a relaxed fleet, which promotes helping our members please feel free to talk to any of our members. Our fleet base is Tier IV halfway through Tier V our embassy is Tier III and our Dil mine is Tier II part way through Tier III.
  • Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did you ever find a fleet?
  • Options
    charlemangydogcharlemangydog Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for keeping the thread hanging! :P

I did find a fleet, I bunked in with the lads from S.R.S. a few days ago. It's a good fit for me, active gameplay with a nice, relaxed atmosphere. They're funny too, the chat keeps me interested which is bloody unusual. I made a good choice :D

Thanks to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it.