test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officer Reassignment..

sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Costs Dilithium??? Who's pea-brained idea was that?!

Ok, keep it as costing dilithium but make the price 90% cheaper. As in from 500 dil per common to 50 dil per common. From 2500 dil for 1 uncommon to 250 dil. From 5000 dil for 1 rare to 500 for 1 rare. It's still ridiculous with those numbers but I'm willing to compromise.. :D

OR, just remove the reassignment function from the game entirely. OR raise the cap for farming dilithuim each day.

OR, press the advantage for your bottom line and ruin your own game.

Why include something only people who can't do math would use??
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
Post edited by sitheach on

Comments

• sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So to reiterate why this is so TRIBBLE: The nebula chain quests, "support XXXX colonization" quests give you a purple doff on critical success. If you stay on it you can easily get 2~4 of these doffs per day. The quests are repeatable. Yes, you already knew. So I can get 4 of these doffs a day, but it costs more than half of the dilithium that I farm each day to exchange any of the doubles I get now. What do I do with the doubles then? I'm sure as heck not going to spend 5k dil to trade them in. I'd rather delete them.

Of course, there's an epic solution! If I bought a million dil with real cash, I wouldn't have this problem! Right devs?

Can we get a player population counter on the website so can confirm whether or not your patches are killing the game??
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • l3luntman1138l3luntman1138 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL... 4 Doffs a day from Support missions...LOL!!!!

The only way you are getting that is if you have a LOT of purple doffs to begin with.

And if you are actually taking 5 purple doubles from the support missions, and exchanging them for a random purple, then you are STUPID...As they are A) Worth a LOT in EC. B) You can have multiples of them and use mutiples of them. C) The support purples are some of the BEST doffs in the game, and one should aspire to get many copies of each.
    edited August 2013
    LOL... 4 Doffs a day from Support missions...LOL!!!!

The only way you are getting that is if you have a LOT of purple doffs to begin with.

And if you are actually taking 5 purple doubles from the support missions, and exchanging them for a random purple, then you are STUPID...As they are A) Worth a LOT in EC. B) You can have multiples of them and use mutiples of them. C) The support purples are some of the BEST doffs in the game, and one should aspire to get many copies of each.

doffs from the support missions you gain on critical success are bound.

I was trading them in for (3) blues, then trading the blue doubles in for new purps.

I don't know what you're talking about.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It has been stated the costs were raised because Cryptic felt players were gaining random purples at far too low of a cost, especially when compared to the price of the Cstore doff packs.

Now that begs the simple question, are some players 'undervaluing' random purple doffs and feeling that their cost to acquire is too high?

Or is Cryptic 'overvaluing' random purple doffs and in fact charging more for them than the market is willing to pay?

The answer for me is simple. I refuse to buy doff packs aside from when the drop cool extras other than the doffs because they don't even always have a single purple inside them. Considering the prices on the exchange for many doffs I have a feeling the supply of them is extremely low which in turn means players are not buying many of those packs.

TLDR: Cryptic thinks a random purple doff is worth far too much in general and it is, IMHO, costing them sales.
    edited August 2013
    Hahaha alright thx for the explanation. I'm sure they've only hurt their bottom line HAHAHAHA
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sitheach wrote: »
    So to reiterate why this is so TRIBBLE: The nebula chain quests, "support XXXX colonization" quests give you a purple doff on critical success. If you stay on it you can easily get 2~4 of these doffs per day. The quests are repeatable. Yes, you already knew. So I can get 4 of these doffs a day, but it costs more than half of the dilithium that I farm each day to exchange any of the doubles I get now. What do I do with the doubles then? I'm sure as heck not going to spend 5k dil to trade them in. I'd rather delete them.

Of course, there's an epic solution! If I bought a million dil with real cash, I wouldn't have this problem! Right devs?

Can we get a player population counter on the website so can confirm whether or not your patches are killing the game??

Since when does down grading a purple to three blues cost dilithium? I do this regularly with cheap purples off the exchange or ones I get that I think are not useful to me. I haven't paid a single dilithium for it.

However upgrading from the 5 blues to 1 purple costs and I haven't done that, instead I sell the ones I think are no use to me on the exchange for a small amount.
    edited August 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    Since when does down grading a purple to three blues cost dilithium? I do this regularly with cheap purples off the exchange or ones I get that I think are not useful to me. I haven't paid a single dilithium for it.

However upgrading from the 5 blues to 1 purple costs and I haven't done that, instead I sell the ones I think are no use to me on the exchange for a small amount.

You're probably right I didn't mess with it too much I just saw that 5k price tag and beamed away :eek:

I'll check it out. Still.. more than half of what you can refine in a day for a purp doff = ridiculous.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're probably right I didn't mess with it too much I just saw that 5k price tag and beamed away :eek:

I'll check it out. Still.. more than half of what you can refine in a day for a purp doff = ridiculous.

There are two types of mission. Reassign and Exchange, given by the same person.

The reassign one costs dilithium and works only up to rare DOFFs. The Exchange one is the downgrading one, one purple to three blues, one blue to three greens and one green to three whites.

Not really, buying them straight off costs more 12k dilithium, though you do get the specific type you are after. In this istuation it is random and so costs less.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You could also send officers on exchange programs. The returning one will not be bound anymore and can be sold.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Costs Dilithium??? Who's pea-brained idea was that?!

Ok, keep it as costing dilithium but make the price 90% cheaper. As in from 500 dil per common to 50 dil per common. From 2500 dil for 1 uncommon to 250 dil. From 5000 dil for 1 rare to 500 for 1 rare. It's still ridiculous with those numbers but I'm willing to compromise.. :D

OR, just remove the reassignment function from the game entirely. OR raise the cap for farming dilithuim each day.

OR, press the advantage for your bottom line and ruin your own game.

Why include something only people who can't do math would use??

Yep, you are supposed to Pay real money for the DOFFs (Zen Points for the LOADS of useless white/green's from mini DOFF packs (Keys) / DOFF Packs from the C-Store).

Additionally Cryptic "encourages" players to use Zen (converted to dilithium) to upgrade the crapload of DOFF's they got with their RL money, using ... RL money.

Basicially they charge you twice... once for a pack with a ~25% of a purple, another time when you try to convert the TRIBBLE you got to something usefull, and i bet there are players who are happy about the purple Biologist/Botanist/Geologist they will get from this assignment for meager 5 k dilithium.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A Romulan Republic Reassignment Contact (A mission that allows you to exchange three white or green officers for one green or better duty officer from the new pack)

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=926711

Anybody have any details on how this works? It sounds like this gives you a permanent contact on your menu. Does it only give your Roms from the pack?

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ficr wrote: »
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=926711

Anybody have any details on how this works? It sounds like this gives you a permanent contact on your menu. Does it only give your Roms from the pack?

Got one, tried it, turned ot it's a bad joke.
    I got *drum roll* ... one green... for 3 other green DOFFs, it's not worth the money, don't know the droprate but i bet it is ~1 per 20 boxes.

Edit: This contact is not permanent!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • amberdzamberdz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I used to turn in the 5 doffs for 1 of "better" quality, but stopped when they started charging an insane amount of dilithium to do this. Now if they are no good for the fleet project meat grinder(I think they use the bodies as fillers for the walls and such...you never see these doffs again) and no one buys them on the exchange....I just shoot them out the airlock. I know some people are willing to pay the dilithium for the "better" quality doff....but you are just getting a random doff and his qualities may be terrible...I do not hand over dilithium I have worked for to be given useless garbage in exchange.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    It has been stated the costs were raised because Cryptic felt players were gaining random purples at far too low of a cost, especially when compared to the price of the Cstore doff packs.

Now that begs the simple question, are some players 'undervaluing' random purple doffs and feeling that their cost to acquire is too high?

Or is Cryptic 'overvaluing' random purple doffs and in fact charging more for them than the market is willing to pay?

The answer for me is simple. I refuse to buy doff packs aside from when the drop cool extras other than the doffs because they don't even always have a single purple inside them. Considering the prices on the exchange for many doffs I have a feeling the supply of them is extremely low which in turn means players are not buying many of those packs.

TLDR: Cryptic thinks a random purple doff is worth far too much in general and it is, IMHO, costing them sales.
    Considering how rabid players are to get purples.... I do not think they are overvalued by cryptic.

And, when the compactor used to be less expensive, many players would literally compact everything they had to get purples... EVERYTHING... That was going off the deep end.... needless to say it got squished.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg