What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 1, 2013) [Complete!]

124»

Comments

• o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Release notes look nice, hope the update goes smoothly
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »
    That's assuming you can ever actually donate marks. I have ~6k marks on my main toon, haven't been able to donate any in well over a month. Lots of people and the projects fill instantly, and bottleneck on dilithium. Same as a lot of people. If you're in a small, empty fleet then yeah it's no problem at all. If you're in a fleet with 300+ people, then not so much. You're pretty much down to donating 200k dil.

My KDF toons are in a fleet of ~350, my Fed toons ~450. I just farm fewer fleet marks when its hard to donate. But ya I do see your problem. After you have a big back-log of fleet marks it can be hard to get rid of them. Depending on the policies of your fleet, you could always have your char with 6k hop over to a small fleet that really needs the fleet marks. You get a boat-load of fleet credits, they get fleet marks win-win.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Owwmahgawd!

THE PATCHSERVER JUST BROKE!!

/Sarcasm... :D
    /Floozy
  • jiltedkittenjiltedkitten Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edthehero wrote: »
    We could complain about boot-licking in the same manner. I'm a paying customer and I'm entitled to complain if I want too. It's a free country.

The fact that there are more complaints than praise in these forums should be a hint of this being no mere "whining and complaining", but I guess that the majority is wrong then.

That a bug is game-breaking or not, or that it ruins the fun or not, is entirely relative. My definition might be very different from the next guy's. So if a large enough group is complaining about something, then it becomes important; even if it's, for example, a simple costume clipping issue.

As to offering input on how to fix problems? I'm not a FREAKING game developer. I'm not the one to tell how to fix them; they should know. What I CAN do is what most people in these forums do: notify the problems and/or provide suggestions as to the end results we would like to see. If the requests and suggestions are not reasonable or practical, then they should just say it and why. That type of communication would go a long way. But the same bugs and problems get mentioned over and over, and they're not acknowledged. Then we get these surprise new features like costume presets that, I would venture to say, almost nobody asked for. I just don't get it.

Oh, and before anyone says, "if you don't like it, go play another game", I'm here because I love Star Trek. So instead of having no Star Trek, I would prefer a better Star Trek. Last I looked, this is the only Star Trek MMO around.

You should try reading all of my post and the ones that follow. My problem is with the people who come on and say "Cryptic and STO Suck!!!" and nothing more. If you are reporting an actual problem that is fine. If you are being abusive about it while reporting it IE swearing at the staff, calling them idiots, etc, then that is NOT fine. I am a paying customer too. I do not get angry or abusive with Cryptic over problems. And look what happens, I get results when I file a ticket or complaint about an issue. I am not kissing anyones a** or licking their boots. I make complaints about the game too, I just do not do it in a negative manner.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.