What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5 things i would like to see in STO

2»

Comments

• seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bruccy wrote: »
    to fly as a squadron with ships from my hanger that i can switch between in flight dependng on circumstance . they can already scale difficulty of missions for single ships why not multiple.

thats it i dont really care about anything else nothing they can add to game would be any differant to any other mmorpg .i have however felt it was very wasteful that i can have 20 ships in my hanger and only ever benefit from 1

Yea I'd like to see a way of utilising my ships that aren't in use.
    Flying a fighter as part or a squad could be cool, would be cool if you could go down to shuttle bay and launch, but you actually pilot out of your ship, and ur ship sits in the back ground while ur out doing whatever.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sto at one time a ways back had emote pack you could buy in the zstore then called the cstore, any hew they took them out of the cstore and never put them back , I don't know why so those of us around back then have more emotes, well those of us who bought the cstore ones.
  • similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the zstore then called the cstore

It's still the C-Store...
    #1: A new zone beyond the wormhole that focuses primarily on Exploration. I know within this timeline that area has been explored for some 40 years but I still think it would make a great Exploration zone. It also adds another project to Fleetbases - as you're establishing your base/foothold into the quadrant. You could also set up some territories that can eventually be controlled by the Feds and by KDF, etc.

# 2: I'd like to see a scoundrel/pirate Faction that's not allied to any of the empires. They'd have their own mission - and occasionally could to a Fed, Rom, or KDF mission that wasn't too faction specific - and their own ships, gear, etc. There's just times when you want to be something other then the Big 3.

#3: More end-game Mission Content. More Dailies, more FEs, more Rep mission choices, more STFs, more PvP missions, etc. Just more of everything to do so that it doesn't feel so grindy.

#4: I'd like to see on-board missions that involve your crew and ship. It would be nice to interact with your Boffs rather then just having them follow you around.

#5: I'd like to see STO get it's own Support Team, separate from PW. I'd like to see Tickets answered within a day rather then within a week or two. I'd like to be able to call for a GM and have them actually show up and help with a problem. I'd like to see online chat support for when you need it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stofsk wrote: »
    As someone has already mentioned the crew mechanic is already TRIBBLE and in need of a major overhaul.

The crew mechanic is broken. It also doesn't fit mechanically into enjoyable gameplay. So it should simply be left alone. Touching it will only make this game more tedious. So no, no overhaul. It's dead. Let it stay dead.

[*] Galaxy-class is fixed. Hasn't happened for the past 3 years, isn't gonna happen anytime soon.
    [/list]

This is odd. The Galaxy has been given the most art passes of any ship in the game over the past three years. So its visuals have been fixed repeatedly.

Also, it's originally a Tier 4 ship. That all these other variants even exist demonstrates that in "the past three years" it's gotten quite a bit of developer attention.

So I'm not sure I agree with where you're going with that. If you were flying the Galaxy as it was on Launch Day, you'd maybe have a point. But that ship's been tweaked a whole lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Basically? It's really good at something the game's design puts very little value in being good at, and sacrifices what the game consistently rewards to get there. It's kind of like being an expert shoemaker in a world populated by snails.

And the problem is widespread enough in the game itself that it's probably easier to fix the ship than try to fix the game (and the result might be more fun anyway).

The solution is easy. If you want to fly a cruiser with more DPS potential, you have like four other choices. Fly one of those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    #1: A new zone beyond the wormhole that focuses primarily on Exploration. I know within this timeline that area has been explored for some 40 years but I still think it would make a great Exploration zone. It also adds another project to Fleetbases - as you're establishing your base/foothold into the quadrant. You could also set up some territories that can eventually be controlled by the Feds and by KDF, etc.

# 2: I'd like to see a scoundrel/pirate Faction that's not allied to any of the empires. They'd have their own mission - and occasionally could to a Fed, Rom, or KDF mission that wasn't too faction specific - and their own ships, gear, etc. There's just times when you want to be something other then the Big 3.

#3: More end-game Mission Content. More Dailies, more FEs, more Rep mission choices, more STFs, more PvP missions, etc. Just more of everything to do so that it doesn't feel so grindy.

#4: I'd like to see on-board missions that involve your crew and ship. It would be nice to interact with your Boffs rather then just having them follow you around.

#5: I'd like to see STO get it's own Support Team, separate from PW. I'd like to see Tickets answered within a day rather then within a week or two. I'd like to be able to call for a GM and have them actually show up and help with a problem. I'd like to see online chat support for when you need it.
    Actually... IIRC part of the treaty that ended the Dominion War was that we stay on our side of the wormhole....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So seeing as we are talking about things we would like to see in game ( regardless of it being possable of not )

I think it would be cool if you could issue the command to your helm to head from say k7 to alpha memory ( i know we have transwarp, this is just an examaple).

While you ship is heading from one destination to another, i would like to be able to walk around areas of my ship, but know my ship was actually on the move.
    Id also like it if rather than going to my transporter room to get a shuttle i could walk into the Shuttle bay walk to which ever of my shuttles i want and launch, and actually be able to pilot out the shuttle doors. So for example if i have to do a shuttle mission i actually leaving the ship and my ship rather than vanishing into thin space still sits in the back ground of the map.

Could get missions like we often see in te shows where as you cannot beam to the planet but you can shuttle down,l maybe have to make a quick exit and emergancy landing back in the shuttle bay and so on lol.:D
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Fix bugs.
    2. Fix more bugs.
    3. More device slots for char. Think is to few... with all "mark" tribbles and s'hit.
    4. Expand universe
    5. Remove the Galaxy from the game... To much problems/bugs obviously
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I haven't read through all of the posts, so apologies if it's been mentioned before.
    But what I'd like most is customisation inside starships. Maybe not bridges, but corridor layout, captain's quarters, mess halls etc.

Oh, and the option to 'set' a uniform for your entire crew, not just your bridge officers.
  • cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the option to remove afkers from the group
    the option to kitbash my own starships
    the option to never group with people on my ignore lists
    the option to get rid of the barriers around zones
    the option to remove afkers from the group
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Improved ship flight, (Yes this dead horse again) right now the ship flight is "Ok" but not great, we should be able to roll our ships when in battle like seen in Nemesis and have a closer to 3D flight. I know it has been stated they want TRIBBLE to look more like the shows but the shows only had 2D flight due to limited tech/budgets at the time. Currently ships have a self righting mechanism... leave that in and you wont have inverted ships parked in space, while you fly you could have almost full 3D flight but if you let go of the controls your ship would turn the right way up by itself like it does now.

2. Optional First Person mode, we have a shooter mode, first person would be better so I could be my character and not just the puppet master who is just behind them. This could also allow for the sale of properly scaled interiors for our ships and for Foundry missions, Just slap "This map is best experienced in first person mode" in big bold red letters in its description to stop people complaining about camera collision.

3. Ignore list, If you have made it on to my ignore list it will be for a good reason, I don't use it for simple spammers, I use it for idiots. I do not want to be grouped with them again if I enter a queue...... I would prefer it if I never saw them again like they never existed. They should not be able to use the search function to see if I'm online either or where I am... to them.... I should no longer exist.

4. One large open sector space limited to 200 ships per instance or less, I would love to fly from New Romulas to DS9 without hitting several walls between them. The only restriction I would have are the main home star systems, Sol and Qo'nos, if you are the enemy, you are given the option to enter a PvP version of that map so the KDF could attack ESD by space and ground, and the Federation could attack back (KDF would require a new space station)

5. Both sides have Romulans now, we share fleets and fleet stations, it would be nice if we could have the option to convert/add Romulan sections to our stations, these would just look Romulan but usable by all. I would also like to see Elite fleet ground Romulan weapons, (I can only speak for the fed side) but the elite phaser weapons look nice IMO but they are not Romulan.... The Elite Fleet Romulan weapons could be usable by all... just make them an optional project to add them to the fleet stores.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • kirk201okirk201o Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kirk201o wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

/*sigh*\

I miss the forum user ignore button.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. An exploration revamp that doesn't just involve a glorified Foundry portal.

2. A PvP expansion; involving new maps, new game modes, a 'kiddy pool' mode that blocks certain high end stuff so that it isn't necessary to grind for months to be competitive (or maybe just de-levels you to Commander or something, so that stuff simply isn't available), and maybe some kind of PvP territory control.

3. All references to character rank swapped out for names or titles (including on the UI).

4. Some way of combining all beams in a facing into a single visual effect, so that combat can look a bit more traditionally Trek.

5. New forms of gameplay (not just restricted to holiday events); such as ground vehicle combat/racing, or using some of your ship's security teams to help on a ground map via some kind of tactical overview (RTS type gameplay).
  • kirk201okirk201o Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    /*sigh*\

I miss the forum user ignore button.

Admit it you'd loved it.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, not really.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.