test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Actual DOFF Names

freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
WTF? I don't even...

These are actual DOFFs....

EDIT: My apologies, but I have edited the title of this thread to remove names that violate the forum rules about inappropriate language. Please try to refrain from posting such names. You may submit a ticket to have them corrected if you wish. ~ Bluegeek
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Names are randomly generated. Sh'itt happens. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Names are randomly generated. Sh'itt happens. :)

I am pretty sure that there is a set list of names to choose from, though.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, no, there isn't

Except for the unique ones that everyone can get (like those at the end of the exploration chains, and the crit on the follow-up mission, for example), they're ALL randomized.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am pretty sure that there is a set list of names to choose from, though.
    Many game companies buy their names from other companies - or their name randomizing software. They're not always in a hurry to read through tens-of-thousands of names looking for the odd ones. I mean Sh'itt could also be s'hit, and so on. There's no way for a common screening to catch every possible connotation.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

yes, but there is no way to get rid of Sh'itt when it happens.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw one male Starfleet doff named Pus two days ago on exchange.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have Tufap. I hear he's quite handy...
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a KDf doff with the name of T'Bag.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Man...
    If I had started this thread BranFlakes would have been all over me in a spit instant.

Sooooo many choices...

Sooooo few chances.

LoL :cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I need another TRIBBLE to complete my set. Anyone? :P
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One of my fleet mates has one named Femm TRIBBLE. We get a small laugh out of it once in a while.

Not a real offensive name, but I have one named Adolfo Adolfo Adolfo. He's Adolfolicious.

>.>
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is also [Tall] [Bah] [That] [Poker] [Shroz TRIBBLE] and more.

I had one named [Jamison Forrest Terrible] as well. Was kinda scary...
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Why not settle for a Wg'Wam instead?
  • Options
    nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got a black-furred caitian common named [F'ukk] myself. And the Female Uncommon Ferengi, [TRIBBLE], has been a mainstay in the past!

Haven't seen her since the name-shuffle of a year or so ago though..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cryptic could find themselves a regex guru and he would have it sorted within the hour.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I did have a BOFF of the Terrible family as well.
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a Ferasan named Fuuuu. Must be funny when people are calling his name loudly.
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/K7zVuag.jpg

She does all my contraband turn-in missions hehe...
    edited July 2013
    Does this thread have a point? I once knew a physician whose name literally meant F***** in German (and he lived in Germany). Not only that, many completely normal words in other languages sound like English profanity. With hundreds of alien cultures who have voiceboxes like ours stuff like that would be bound to happen. And I don't want to know what kind of dirty words Jon'son, S'mith and Clarrk are in Romulan or Ferengi.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i've got a pair of Reman security Doffs named S'lut

must be really hard to do security work with a name like that xD
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got a Tellarite systems engineer called Sega. (Also, on one toon, a Rigelian bridge officer with the possibly unfortunate name of Fukoo. Well, never mind.)

The random generator will sometimes throw out some inappropriate sequences. Well, small things amuse small minds... I have a small mind... I'm amused. :P
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i still think a certain spaceballs scene trumps most the names here.....
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /Floozy
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The best one I got so far was a common Ferengi named "Derpo" :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am proud owner of green projectile duty officer called Nero , he is male, but unfortunately orion,(specie change possiply?)

he likes to... FIRE EVERYTHING!!
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    displayname707displayname707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just checked the names of my doffs... Sadly, no funny names.. Except one Charles Xavier, one Elvis and one Stallone.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    I am proud owner of green projectile duty officer called Nero , he is male, but unfortunately orion,(specie change possiply?)

he likes to... FIRE EVERYTHING!!

he must be the one who pushes the button to launch the shrapnel torpedoes.