test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Retrieval of a Deleted Toon

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
A few months ago, before the arrival of the LoR expansion, I accidentally deleted a character of mine that had a unique one of a kind item.

Is there any possible way to contact Cryptic to assist in retrieving a deleted character. Has anyone on this forum had a deleted character return to their character roster?

any comments?
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by stark2k on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I only remember hearing about 1 person who was able to get their accidentally deleted character back. There might have been more, I only remember hearing about 1. Either way it'll be a long wait through Support. Good luck, though!
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Best wishes on this, man.

I'm curious, what was the item?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is possible to retrieve a character but you usually have to contact them straight away. the fact you have left it so long, and before such a large update means the chances of a retrieval are slim.

send a ticket and maybe you will get lucky.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic doesn't have customer support. They have a pipeline that ends with tickets in the trash can.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic doesn't have customer support. They have a pipeline that ends with tickets in the trash can.

^this.

I've had a support request since 07/19/2013 04:37 AM for a deleted character also. That's 10 days of no response. PWE has an appalling customerservice department.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think you can retrieve a deleted character. It is like wanting a dead person back.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wishing and wanting, but reality tends to work a bit differently :P
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    ^this.

I've had a support request since 07/19/2013 04:37 AM for a deleted character also. That's 10 days of no response. PWE has an appalling customerservice department.

Actually in this case, they have actually stated several times that they do not retrieve characters no matter how much you ask. that is the reason they ask you to type in the name, because then you cannot accidentally delete him/her.

Yeah, i think they might have fired their Support staff for being TOO helpful, as in they actually tried to answer people's questions and cryptic would not have that.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    19 days later and a response arrived, that it wasn't a candidate for restoration.