test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Like the new Blade of Kahless

2»

Comments

• frostovskifrostovski Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank god this is just a bug. I hope they fix it soon. I have a better bat'leth that I bought from the starbase (for a lot of dilithium & FCs) when I reached level 50. I went to hell and fought the devil so I could get a weapon that looked like the sword of kahless from DS9, not the same as the (IMHO quite ugly) free bat'leth from the "day of honor" event.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Now they just need to make the Tholian sword look like this
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am starting to wonder if Cryptic is run and powered by monkeys at this point.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's the Tritanium rending Bat'leth.

"Day of Honor" give away from this past event.
  • zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why are people complaining that the Shard Sword of Kahless, which was forged during events within STO's timeframe does not look like the Sword of Kahless which was forged thousands of years ago?

They're not the same sword. You people realize that, right? You might as well complain that the Enterprise D doesn't look like the Enterprise in TOS... Of course it doesn't, they're not the same ship, and those two swords aren't the same swords.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    no no no no cryptic change it back change it back now to the original model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blade of Kahless one of the reason i did a kdf now i want to delete it because the main wepaon weapon i used is now ugly as ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ty cryptic for taking one of the most beautifull and unique weapons IN THE GAME and taking a hearty TRIBBLE on it.

The shard sword of kahless was awesome as it was it looked like a bat'leth now it looks like a bat'TRIBBLE.

WTH are you thinking cryptic? why did you change what DID NOT need changing my god you guys are incompetent CHANGE IT BACK NOW!!!

Idk about everyone else but this TRIBBLE needs to stop who the hell came up with this steaming load of monkey TRIBBLE to change the shard sword of kahless.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a bug. When holstered or held the Tritanium Rending Bat'leth is displayed. When the player uses slash (L/R) or the cross strike, the proper Shard Sword of Kahless is displayed.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a bug. When holstered or held the Tritanium Rending Bat'leth is displayed. When the player uses slash (L/R) or the cross strike, the proper Shard Sword of Kahless is displayed.

oh you just saved me from deleting my kdf!!!:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013

---^ This. We've also made a fix for it internally and hope to have it out to you all in an upcoming patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really? doesn't look like anything remotely in Star Trek
    Someone must be playing WOW again, or just got hired on the drafting dept. that is a Wow player.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Prefer the previous version of the weapon. Just right, and it looked cool enough.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually the regular version seems too large to me. Wrist strength would be a major problem with a piece of metal that large. I also felt like the one on the TV shows was smallerr.

I'm sure some treknerd has derived the correct specs on it somewhere. What's the ruling
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    Blade of Kahless?

More like Blade of wtfness! :p

*Laughs Hard* Sounds like maybe it is just some stupid display Bug. Thank Kahless for that!
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ---^ This. We've also made a fix for it internally and hope to have it out to you all in an upcoming patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Many thanks, Bran.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, think this was my most successful thread ever - woot woot!

and here I was just expecting to get reamed out by the klink faithful for having a pink pony tail on a bog klingon.

and yes The character is carrying the shard sword, I had loaded her up to do a quick inventory transfer before leaving for work and noticed it was different from when I went to bed in the morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually like it, but it does look heavy - lol. Now sure if I would have it shown on my characters back though, too big.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well normally her backside is carrying the shard, which looks much better.

http://imageshack.us/f/819/mfsz.jpg/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, Cryptic has confirmed this is a bug, you can stop flaming Cryptic now.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, Cryptic has confirmed this is a bug, you can stop flaming Cryptic now.

No, we can never stop that until they remove that thing from the game :D

But it just fits the overall style of the game. Every second character I see is some manga-esque emo crybaby or a bleached orion female that tries to look like a half-naked human. Now they can even wield appropriate poser weapons :p
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Isn't it amazing how much bigger it gets everytime they change it. Soon it'll be too big to carry.

You will be able to fit it to the front of your ship soon, perfect for ramming speed. :P
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *flips table*

What did they do to my sword!?
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪