test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dialgoue From Some Scenes Still Triggering Early

djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
I reported about this just before LoR launched and was advised to wait until after the launch to publish. I published my Foundry mission this past weekend and I still have an issue where dialogue from one scene is playing in the previous scene.

My Mission ID is ST-HPW9O2H3Y and the problem is happening on two maps: Ikazuchi Engineering Deck and Space Station Lazlo Interior, Entertainment Suite.
Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    I'll look into this.

Update:
    OK, I'm not seeing the problem on the Engineering Deck, can you be more specific as to what's wrong?

On the Entertainment Suite map, I am seeing an obviously out of place dialog at the end just before beaming out. The "We've arrived at the rendezvous coordinates..." appears but doesn't seem to belong. In the Dialogs window, that dialog is noted as "Appears after Task <Unnamed Task>" and I can't find any place in the mission where this is supposed to trigger. To be honest, at this point with the sheer complexity and volume of the dialogs you have in this project I can't tell if this is a bug with the Foundry or if you've just made a mistake in setting up that one dialog.

Ideally, to submit this or any other issue as a bug, I need to be able to reproduce it in as simple of a project as possible so that the programmers can quickly see what's wrong and then try to track down the issue. So, can you tell me what you did to set up that "We've arrived..." dialog? The more detail the better. Where is it intended to trigger?
    STO QA Team
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay, I think I see what happened with "We've arrived at the rendezvous coordinates..." dialogue. It looks as if it was an older version of the same dialogue that's supposed to trigger once the player reaches a prompt on the Deep Space Assault map to drop out to impulse. However, I remember deleting that dialogue from the Story Window when I made the new version. For some reason, it did not delete from the Dialogue Window. I went ahead and deleted it from there and have republished the mission. Hopefully that will eliminate that problem.

As for the Engineering Map, there was an issue that when the player reached the turbolift at the top of the ramp, a piece of dialogue played where the player's tactical officer suggests checking up on the bridge. That piece of dialogue is supposed to play right before the player makes the transition from the Ikazuchi Deck 6 Map to the Ikazuchi Bridge (Attack) Map when the player accesses a turbolift. I believe that piece of dialogue was an older version of the actual dialogue that plays. However, I cannot find the older version of that dialogue anywhere in the Story Window or Dialogue Window.

Update:
    Looks like I found the dialogue in Engineering as well. It finally appeared in the Dialogs window. Looks like the issue has been resolved.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    That's good news. Thanks for the update.
    STO QA Team
This discussion has been closed.