test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still Waiting on other types of Elite Fleet Weapons (Space)

uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
As you can see I am back yes I have already done a post about this but just to make sure it goes again I am still waiting for other types of Elite fleet weapons for space and sure phaser is good but if other types would be there it would be way better.

So I ask politely Please Devs release all the other types of energy for Elite Fleet Weapons for space and ground
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by uss917019 on

Comments

• Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's Elite Disruptors on the Red side. ;)

It seems unlikely at this point that they'll release Elite weapons of other types, except possibly from another Romulan holding for Elite Romulan Plasma (i.e. Romulan Plasma with an extra [Dmg] tag)... and even that's purely conjectural.
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes ok but you can only have that specific type in a certain faction what I mean is all of the types in all faction. But that actually made me having a good idea here it is :

Why not having all energy types for Elite Fleet space weapons but specific energy types for factions that are special and unique for the faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're going to be waiting forever. You may as well ask for embassy field generators, too. Oh, and warp cores that set the weapons cap at 130.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe we should wait for a fleet t5 connie?
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uss917019 wrote: »
    yes ok but you can only have that specific type in a certain faction what I mean is all of the types in all faction. But that actually made me having a good idea here it is :

Why not having all energy types for Elite Fleet space weapons but specific energy types for factions that are special and unique for the faction.

I forget where but about the time people first started unlocking the Elite space weapons the devs responded to this very question by saying that the Elite Fleet weaponry is meant to be representative of the cutting edge technologies being deployed by the Federation and KDF and as such you will only see faction appropriate damage types. Or in other words Feds get Phasers and KDF gets Disruptors. That's it. Thank you. Good day.
  • Options
    mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    I forget where but about the time people first started unlocking the Elite space weapons the devs responded to this very question by saying that the Elite Fleet weaponry is meant to be representative of the cutting edge technologies being deployed by the Federation and KDF and as such you will only see faction appropriate damage types. Or in other words Feds get Phasers and KDF gets Disruptors. That's it. Thank you. Good day.

I concur, as I have read the exact same info.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    canis36 wrote: »

That is correct, unfortunately. However by that same logic there is no excuse for us not getting elite romulan plasma. If romulans get fleet ships from there allied fleet they should be able to get there own elite weapons.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    john98837 wrote: »
    That is correct, unfortunately. However by that same logic there is no excuse for us not getting elite romulan plasma. If romulans get fleet ships from there allied fleet they should be able to get there own elite weapons.
    There are a few reasons why that would keep us from getting Elite Romulan Plasma weps.

One: What would be the specialty modifier for Elite Romulan Weapons? Feds have Shield Heal for both space and ground while Klingons get a chance for Vaporization when the target's health is blow a certain point (not always on a kill shot either) for ground and a shield damage resistance debuff for space. What should the Romulan modifier be? Should it be better? Or worse? What about the next faction that's added? And the one after that?

Two: We already have the Romulan Plasma weapons from the reputation system. Yes, these are more or less standard as far as dual-proc weaponry goes (the exception is the ground weapons having access to the CritX modifier which is equivalent to one and half mods giving the full value of the CrtH mod and half the value of the CrtD mod), but they're still more readily available than the lockbox weapons packs and are supposed to represent the bleeding edge of the Republic's research and development efforts.

Three: From a narrative standpoint the Romulan Republic just doesn't have the resources to pour into research and development of that sort. Even the stuff you get from the Reputation System is supposed to carry the implicit understanding that it required the joint efforts of the Republic and its allies that the weaponry and equipment is operational in the first place. It's why Republic ships and troops use standard plasma weaponry rather than the Romulan Plasma weapons.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Y'know...why we're on the topic of elite fleet weapons...

Even if they don't release new energy types...

Why not torps, or torps and mines at the 'elite' level?

I would guess mostly Quantums for the Feds, and Photons for Klingons, and possibly plasmas for Romulans.

Elite Quantums could have like extra damage against shields, and maybe Elite Photons would have a secondary warhead which would deal extra damage right to the hull. Elite plasmas could pierce shields more strongly or something.

Those are just ideas off the top of my head, not very good ones IMO, but I figure that Elite torps and mines are just as worth looking at as the rest of it. Plus it would 'round out' the elite collection (outside of tac consoles, which I'm sure will eventually happen irregardless), so you could totally deck out a ship in 'l33t fl33t' gear.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How good are the elite weapons anyway?
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stofsk wrote: »
    How good are the elite weapons anyway?

Elite Phasers are kind of meh, they only have a small shield heal. It's nice, but not that useful.

Elite Disruptors have a Shield resistance debuff proc, which is awesome.

Both of em you can at least get in AccX2 variations, or DmgX2 with one other mod (Acc, CrtD, CrtH)
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do use the Elite phasers, because I figure any heal is a good one. They take a minuscule damage hit compared to Advanced, which is truly no big deal. You're not missing out if you don't use them, however.

Elite disruptors, though, those things are objectively awesome. Definitely worth it.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree on that, Elite Disruptors are far better kombat wise & yes the Elite Phaser +Shield proc is very tiny. I have both & tested them.

Also to add, jus to stick with the Canon, Elite Romulan Plasma would be nice, I suppose theyd have their plasma & disruptor proc & mayb an additional one to feed Shield subsystems? Or charge the Singular Core faster, or drain Shield subsystems like polaron? Bout the best I kould kome up with.

Other then that, Adv Fleet weapons are much stronger base damage wise, Elite might be more built off strategy

-V*
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will use my advanced antiprotons forever. never shall i switch to elite phaser

NO, bad cryptic >=/
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    john98837 wrote: »

Canonicly Romulans use Disruptor energy weapons, not Plasma.
    In fact Plasma based starship weaponry for Romulans only appeared in one episode of TOS in form of a torpedo, in all other instances they have used disruptors and photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Even though I agree with SenatorVreenak's point entirely about canon and the Romulan typical ship loadout being disruptors, we all know that in Star Trek Online canon tends to get pushed out the airlock rather quickly. ;)

For instance I have KDF ships running plasma weapon builds, My Romulan ships vary even more with some using disruptor, others with antiproton and my T'varo outfitted as a transphasic torp bomber.

My Feds dropped phasers and use either disruptors or polaron. Yes I do find that weird from a Federation perspective.

The fact that we only have Elite fleet disruptors and phasers as the only weapons due to canon reasons or only available advanced tech seems somewhat dubious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds more like Cryptic being lazy. I spent a huge amount of dilithium to help my fleet unlock elite weapons just to find out that the weapon type I exclusively use on my Romulan (Polaron) is not available. That is TRIBBLE.