test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Marks

thunderbox13thunderbox13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Am I able to trade in fleet marks to get fleet credits without submitting them into Starbase assignments?

I'm attempting to get an Elite Fleet Phaser Rifle, and my Starbase's assignment slots are all filled up with fleet marks.
Post edited by thunderbox13 on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have to contribute to a fleet to get Fleet Credits. There is no way around that, but it doesn't have to be your fleet that you contribute to. Would need to temporarily leave your fleet and join another one to do it though.
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Am I able to trade in fleet marks to get fleet credits without submitting them into Starbase assignments?

I'm attempting to get an Elite Fleet Phaser Rifle, and my Starbase's assignment slots are all filled up with fleet marks.

^ And this is why me and a friend created a 2 man fleet :) Plenty of projects to donate to and tons of fleet credits and provisions to go around.

We are Tier 3 Starbase, Tier 1 Dil Mine and Tier 2 Embassy in just a matter of months...Try it some time :P
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    ^ And this is why me and a friend created a 2 man fleet :) Plenty of projects to donate to and tons of fleet credits and provisions to go around.

We are Tier 3 Starbase, Tier 1 Dil Mine and Tier 2 Embassy in just a matter of months...Try it some time :P

No. You have sunk too much money, time and effort into something which is designed to be a community project.

If you're desperate for fleet credit, leave your fleet, join another, and go back. Or just have some patience and wait 20h for the next project. Meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Fleet starbase/dil mine/embassy projects are the only thing you can contribute fleet marks to.

I feel your pain though. The fleet system was meant for 25 or more members. But the problem is when you have around 75 or so active members, projects get filled up rather fast. This is good for your fleet because they can get their fleet ships and equipment sooner than a small fleet that takes longer to get anything done. The downside to it is that with projects being filled, or in some cases a couple projects just need duty officers, it ends up becoming a first come first serve in regards to who gets fleet credits.

So your starbase may be tier 4, but you don't have the FC to buy anything because everytime you log in, there's nothing to contribute to. Sure you can try to contribute doffs, but if you don't have any commons, your roster is full, and you don't have the energy credits to buy any from the exchange, you're out of luck. (Which is my problem with several characters working on reputation projects. All my EC goes to commodities for them.)

Fleet marks give the most fleet credits per mark. Contributing dilithium has a 1 FC per dil contributed. Doffs and commodites don't give you very many fleet credits per item contributed.

In my experience with a couple large fleets I'm in, the duty officer requirements take the longest to fill. Some projects just sit there for days, or weeks, and it pretty much stalls us sometimes.:(
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    this is the problem with the fleet system.

there are other things you need to donate besides marks.. it seems everyone just wants to donate marks and leave the rest to other people.

im sure you have plenty of chances to get your fleet credits.. you just dont cause all you donate are marks.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • thunderbox13thunderbox13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, thank you. I think I'll be able to wait the next couple of days until another slot opens up :D
This discussion has been closed.