Install Arc
Options

Was there any official announcement before the changes to the mail system

2»

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New shoes have already been purchased. I'm just waiting for my friends to finish packing their bags.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand... why are so many people saying that mail storage was an exploit and anyone who was using it was using an exploit? How were you harmed by it? Honestly, it's close to a victimless crime, or at least "It's not a bug, it's a hidden feature!"
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sussethrai wrote: »
    I don't understand... why are so many people saying that mail storage was an exploit and anyone who was using it was using an exploit? How were you harmed by it? Honestly, it's close to a victimless crime, or at least "It's not a bug, it's a hidden feature!"

Those going on the defensive seem to think an exploit is always a bad thing it is not. An exploit is just using something in a way that was never envisioned by the designers at the time. Some are bad and some do not affect anyone else and could be considered harmless.

The mail system was never meant to be unlimited free storage, so using it as such is an exploit. I am not looking down from my high horse here as I have used it as such myself, and I still use it in this way in a more limited capacity, for BOFFs mostley as I can't bung them anywhere else.

It could have been worse they could have added a time limit as well so after x time the mail and all attachments are lost forever.
  • Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm rofling because:

Ppl keep forgetting that STO is F2P, so like in many other F2P mmos, ppl have been using mail box/extra accnt as storage because everyone can create as many accnt as they want. STO original mail system just minimizes the hassle of creating extra accnt for storage. I bet that the number of accnts have skyrocketed lately. Therefore, all the theories about hd space/forcing players to buy extra bank slots are just.... non sense talks from ppl who don't know anything about F2P or the different between sub and f2p.

Only fools who pay for free stuff irl or in game. So keep that in mind. Like many long time players, I bought extra slots not for storage but for things like pets/collectibles/bound weapons and sets.