test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storage Space: Idea

oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
I know that some folks have issues with storage space, to the point where some are using their in-game mail and the exchange as improvised storage.

So, I had a couple of ideas that might help. Wanted to throw them out there for some opinions. Maybe the Devs might even see this.

1. Armory. Why not have a separate armory storage feature for small arms and away team gear? It would make a fair bit of sense, and free up bank/inventory space for other things.

2. Cargo hold feature. This would allow for the storage/stockpiling of provisions for Doff assignments, diplomatic investigations, and Fleet/Rep projects. Once again, this would free up personal inventory and bank space for the stuff that really needs to be there.

So, what does the community think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The personal inventory is your cargo hold.

An armory, on the other hand, sounds interesting although I'm confused by its purpose. Is it supposed to hold BOff gear or your char's gear? Either way, that should be equipped, and not taking up personal inventory in the first place.

To take this in a slightly different direction, I would like to see a slot to equip an EVA suit and a separate slot to equip armor. Activating one would deactivate the other, but as pretty much everybody carries one around, it seems like it would be really nice to have.

I'd also like to see a special storage for pets (ground and combat), perhaps limiting the total number of pets to 2-3 for ground and 2-3 for space would be nice. It'd prevent people from lagging out servers by spawning half a dozen pets, yet be convenient for those people that enjoy having pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to see a quarantine for tribble storage, a refrigerator for food storage, and a pet storage.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bermanator wrote: »
    The personal inventory is your cargo hold.

An armory, on the other hand, sounds interesting although I'm confused by its purpose. Is it supposed to hold BOff gear or your char's gear? Either way, that should be equipped, and not taking up personal inventory in the first place.

To take this in a slightly different direction, I would like to see a slot to equip an EVA suit and a separate slot to equip armor. Activating one would deactivate the other, but as pretty much everybody carries one around, it seems like it would be really nice to have.

I'd also like to see a special storage for pets (ground and combat), perhaps limiting the total number of pets to 2-3 for ground and 2-3 for space would be nice. It'd prevent people from lagging out servers by spawning half a dozen pets, yet be convenient for those people that enjoy having pets.

1. Personal inventory is actually insufficient for the purpose, in my opinion. Having a separate storage for provisions/commodities allows for a nice stockpile for a "rainy day", so to speak. In any case, I consider personal inventory better suited for having items on hand during missions. Sorta like a "possibles bag", like the old folks used to say.

2. To answer your question, both. Player character and bridge officers. And not all weapons or items are going to be equipped all of the time, if you are a player who believes in outfitting to deal with specific enemies you know you are going to encounter.

3. I like your idea regarding EVA suit slots. It would be a big help, not having to "lug" around both body armor and armored EVA suits in inventory.

4. Agree 100% about special pet storage. I like pets, and am building up a nice little collection of them. Unfortunately, they eat up storage space needed for necessities. So, your idea of a "kennel", so to speak, is a very good one.
  • Options
    wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the solution to storage problems is simple - don't be a hoarder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wildmousex wrote: »
    the solution to storage problems is simple - don't be a hoarder.

You can store a lot of stuff, though....... just buy more slots.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only thing I think STO needs to do is make all items account-bound instead of character-bound. That way we can use our alts banks for storage. As-is, I'll just copy what I write in the previous thread about this.
    I just added up the bank+inventory space on my main.

264. Two-hundred-and-sixty-four places to stack things. That should be enough for one character. I have 9 characters at max level, that gives me a theoretical max bank/inv space of 2,376 items/stacks. Are you seriously telling me you need more than that?

I can hold 400 doffs on my main, 300 on two alts, and 100 on the rest. That's a grand total of 1600 doff storage.

2,376 items
    1600 doffs.

I don't see the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pet storage: yes please.

EV suit slot: yes please.

Everything else: completely unnecessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    Pet storage: yes please.

Either this or make them account bound so we can use the plenty of storage that most of us have.

As it stands, I don't collect every pet in the game. I have my favourite colour combination of each type of pet, and that takes up hardly any space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.