test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan BOff Skill Stacking?

doklardoklar Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
I am aware that Efficiency (non-Romulan) stacks, but I am curious as to whether or not the (Superior) Operative and Subterfuge traits stack if you have multiple BOffs assigned to stations on your ship? I am looking at possibly purchasing a Superior Romulan Operative tac officer, but it would be a waste of 9M credits if it won't increase my bonuses (as I already have the trait on an engineering officer).

Cheers!
Jeera D'Voth T'Kaillian, Rihannsu and ally of the United Federation of Planets, Commander of the R.R.W. Susse-Thrai and Fleet Admiral of the Romulan Republic
Post edited by doklar on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    from what i understand, the romulan skills only stack when different versions. for example, operative and superior operative stack, but not two operatives. same with subterfuge and superior subterfuge i believe.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    doklar wrote: »
    I am aware that Efficiency (non-Romulan) stacks, but I am curious as to whether or not the (Superior) Operative and Subterfuge traits stack if you have multiple BOffs assigned to stations on your ship? I am looking at possibly purchasing a Superior Romulan Operative tac officer, but it would be a waste of 9M credits if it won't increase my bonuses (as I already have the trait on an engineering officer).

Cheers!

superior romulan operative stacks.

superior infiltraitor (reman officer, +defense and +10 seconds to decloack buff) doesnt stack with other officers,but if you are a reman captain youreself,it does stack with the race specific trait of a reman captain.
    making it +15 seconds

as far as i know there is no "superior subterfuge", but subterfuge does stack aswell.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah, idk why this is the case or what intention the devs had by making subterfuge and operative traits stackable (are they even aware about it?)

anyway...20% base crit chance in space combat is nice

on a related subject: nausican "pirate" space trait is completely screwed and is now under ground traits (still named space trait though)
    massive confusion with boff traits...nowhere tells anybody that it does or does not stack, massively unbalanced, needs to be looked at AGAIN, 3 times the charm, i guess.
    Go pro or go home
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    anyway...20% base crit chance in space combat is nice

Really??? It's nice or it seems like cheap a way of shoe-horning people into 1 faction for endgame stuff...
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    as far as i know there is no "superior subterfuge", but subterfuge does stack aswell.

Some of the boffs sold at the embassies have superior subterfuge. The RR boffs only have the normal version.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From Feburary 14th patch notes
    The Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits now can stack with themselves if the player has multiple Bridge Officers with the same trait.
    For example, having two officers with Romulan Operative will now provide the combined bonuses from both officers.
    Decreased the critical hit chance provided by the Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits to 1%, 1.5%, and 2%, respectively.
    The Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits now also provide a slight increase to critical severity.
    The increases are 2.5%, 3.75%, and 5% Critical Severity, respectively.

And from April 4th
    Updated Bridge Officers with Subterfuge:
    Resolved an issue where having multiple Bridge Officers with Subterfuge, Basic Subterfuge, or Superior Subterfuge was stacking improperly.
    Using a Bridge Officer with Subterfuge on a ship using Enhanced Battle Cloak will no longer result in the ship no longer decloaking while it fires.
    Resolved an issue in the description of the Bridge Officer Subterfuge traits that was causing them to display an inaccurate tooltip in stores.
  • lilitaly5179lilitaly5179 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really??? It's nice or it seems like cheap a way of shoe-horning people into 1 faction for endgame stuff...

We get a base -40 power (10 from each system) penalty. It is actually pretty annoying and hurts us more than you think. My Rom's power levels will never be as good as my Fed or Klingon. My weapons power will not cap out without crippling every other system.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We get a base -40 power (10 from each system) penalty. It is actually pretty annoying and hurts us more than you think. My Rom's power levels will never be as good as my Fed or Klingon. My weapons power will not cap out without crippling every other system.

This is decidedly false. The -40 is a minor speedbump at worst. Appropriate skill, equipment and ability selections will completely negate the penalty.
  • originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is decidedly false. The -40 is a minor speedbump at worst. Appropriate skill, equipment and ability selections will completely negate the penalty.

But it is still a penalty that skills, equipment and abilities have to negate. Also Warp Cores are substantially better than singularity cores (especially the Fleet versions).

Furthermore, the embassy provides access to Romulan Boffs with superior operative to Fed and KDF. I agree they have to fix the problems and make operative boffs more available. I believe as more space traits come out the problem will sort itself, because remember, pre-LOR everyone was 'shoehorned' Fed because of ludicrously overpowered leadership stacking.

On Topic:

AFAIK, only the Crit bonuses (which are really the best part anyway) of (Superior) Operative stack, and only the defence and +stealth skill bonuses of Subterfuge stack.
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    doklar wrote: »

Cheers!

I dream of a day when players don't have to ask things like this and if they do, everyone clearly knows the answer. This game is so inconsistent, full of bugs and false tooltips it makes educated playing a real strain on time and effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • diplomat9999diplomat9999 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what a ridiculously biased opinion that holds romulan traits to be just fine yet classifies human leadership as "ludicrously overpowered"

lmao. 20% base crit is juuust fine though.

wonder why the devs don't pay much attention to the forums.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited July 2013
    My Romulan character is so overpowered with plasmonic leach its patethic....lol
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Its funny tho isnt it, basically a Rom Bug is better then a Fed/KDF bug now. 7.5% extra CritH and 15+% CritD for free ;)

all bug users got pwned in the face :)

(oh not a hate post, i got a fed bug myself lol)

Im really surprised tho that hardly anyone is making threads about this pretty unfair advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!