test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MACO / Omega / Honor Guard weaponry

scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
I had a random thought today and wondered what others would think. We all know some of the best weapons in the game is the MACO, Omega, and Honor Guard sets. There are many who like to use different types of weapons. I am talking not just about energy types but also styles. For instance, I like to use the mini gun on one of my toons. The problem is, if you decide to use a weapon other than the one that goes with set, you lose out on the modulation ability. The work around is to equip the set weapon in the secondary weapon slot. That brings another problem, you lose the ability to use a melee weapon.

My question then is this:

What if they made MACO / Omega / Honor Guard branded weapons of all styles that granted the same benefits as the current weapons? How many would take advantage and what would you use?

Omega Antiproton Mini Gun sounds mighty nice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is a device that will remodulate - not the replicator one, with which you can use other sets.

Sadly I can't remember the name but I am sure there are some on the exchange.

But yeah I couldn't agree more. Forcing you to wear the sets for fast remodulation litterly invaldidates everything out there. Including the c-store EV suit and nukara sets.

It's just not properly thought through. The nukara sets at least could have been costumes but no, no let's make sure we make it completely useless :D

Let's not give people any reason to buy them, that would just make TOO much sense.

Also, the minigun is a majestic noob gun.

All you will be doing is locking yourself into a firering animation from which you can't move or do anything and have your whole team laughing at you.
    There is litterly no instrument in all of STO there signals you never played ground before than the minigun.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    There is a device that will remodulate - not the replicator one, with which you can use other sets.

Sadly I can't remember the name but I am sure there are some on the exchange.

But yeah I couldn't agree more. Forcing you to wear the sets for fast remodulation litterly invaldidates everything out there. Including the c-store EV suit and nukara sets.

It's just not properly thought through. The nukara sets at least could have been costumes but no, no let's make sure we make it completely useless :D

Let's not give people any reason to buy them, that would just make TOO much sense.

Also, the minigun is a majestic noob gun.

All you will be doing is locking yourself into a firering animation from which you can't move or do anything and have your whole team laughing at you.
    There is litterly no instrument in all of STO there signals you never played ground before than the minigun.

The replicator version of the remodulator has a 4 sec remodulation time. The Defera crafted remodulator has a 3 sec remodulation time. Not enough of a difference for the work I put in to get it. I have been playing this game since year one and this is the first I have heard that about the minigun. I still like it though.
    edited July 2013
    Once you turn pro you will find yourself split second firering while strafing and throwing nades through walls.

Of course sci's can stand out in open and live but even then other people will have KB3'd with 2 weapons, thrown a nade, healed and put up a turret while you are standing there locked into the shooting animation.

It's true snipers partially locks you down but they have superior range, abilities and damage.
    edited July 2013
    I have always like the sniper rifle due to the extended range on the secondary. I love being able to one shot a npc now a then. I do understand where you are coming from though. I know I am not the best player in the game but, I am far from the worst too. I bought (see; wasted Lobi) the Dominion Minigun form the Lobi Store. Has been sitting in my bank for some time now. I would just like to see other options to go with the sets.
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I couldn't agree more and eSTF, ground and space, aren't harder than you can get away with nearly anything.

What kind of proc does it have, you might be able to use it just for exposing and plasma burn or whatever it does, have a sword as secondary and then ignore remodulation.

If you really use all them lobi's for it, it would be a shame to have it sit in your bank.
    edited July 2013
    I am not certain. I am not at home right now. The problem I have with it is that even the primary fire is an AoE and the "spool up" is too long. I am thinking of going ahead and give it to my Jem boff. Here is the Wiki page on it.

Jem'Hadar Assault Wide-Area Minigun
    edited July 2013
    Well you can let others fire first for aggro while you spool up and use it for expose and weapon malfunction. Just stand close to cover so you can get to safety fast after firering for so long.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The minigun is fine if used similar to the omega carbine, if you can catch large crowds of enemies all hunched together, than let it rip. Both weapons make for great shield strippers so your team can reap the benefits of doing damage directly to the enemy.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Once you turn pro you will find yourself split second firering while strafing and throwing nades through walls.

Of course sci's can stand out in open and live but even then other people will have KB3'd with 2 weapons, thrown a nade, healed and put up a turret while you are standing there locked into the shooting animation.

It's true snipers partially locks you down but they have superior range, abilities and damage.

Sniper is even more noobtastic than the Minigun is. Stuck in a firing position for an eternity with a beam alerting EVERYONE you are trying to make the shot, the moment they duck behind cover you lost your shot and you could have killed the opponent in the time it takes to charge up the shot.

With the Minigun the key is to use Shooter mode and be good with it. Begin charging before you reveal, spray the pray, and then duck back. Same with the CRM 200... Nothing quite like charging it up behind the wall then popping it in someone's face for instant death.

Also the Jem'Hadar Minigun is a nasty tool for laying down some massive AOE on NPC's.

For me, if I could change what sort of weapon went with the sets then I would vastly prefer a High Density Beam Rifle to a Sniper any day or a solid Split Beam. A melee weapon in a set would not be bad either (I think the HG Shotty should have some serious Melee just look at that blade!) Blast Assualts are also fairly good if you know how to use them.