test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

shrink the scimitar ...

2»

Comments

• wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I personally dont care what drawings you show me, nor the arguments presented for making the ship smaller.. Here is canon. Here is the way it is.. The Scimitar is a huge ship ( made small only by JJtrek )

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/Poll_Schimatar.jpg
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree with odoniel! I have a 15.6 inch screen and I cant see around the ship. Their are other ships that are like that. I have a Federation Excelsior that's smaller on the screen than the galaxy class that takes up the whole screen. I think we should be able to change the ship size ourselves......
  • msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well its worth examining in Sector Space because while the ships are to scale with each other, sector space is dramatically not to scale with anything. I'd set an upper bound on how large a ship's collision box can be in Sector Space to the size of a Vo'quv or so.

Its not just for the benefit of players with large ships, its everyone, especially the poor sods who get trapped under my Falchion and several light years off course when people warp in in too close proximity and get pushed up or down to the edges of the map.

I try to be conscientious and careful when flying my Scimitar, maybe another thing that would work would be to be able to select a ship just for sector space. I usually try and travel in my Cell Ship when I'm in Sector Space for various reasons, but when I do I obviously can't take part in any red alerts that pop up while I'm making the rounds. If we could just select a smaller ship for use in Sector Space, that would fix everything.
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only thing that needs to be changed for the Scimitar is to shrink the collision box in sector space. Let me clip my wings through people so I don't have to do a three point turn to get into systems.

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The irony is that ships that really should be stupidly massive, like Borg Cubes and Tactical Cubes, are tiny compared to how they actually are in canon. Another perfect example is ESD. It's puny. And I mean PUNY compared to how it's supposed to be.

As for the Sector Space issue, just remove hit-boxes altogether. Make it so you can fly through other ships. No collisions, no hassles, problem solved.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As for the Sector Space issue, just remove hit-boxes altogether. Make it so you can fly through other ships. No collisions, no hassles, problem solved.

very much this ^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My problem is that the Scimitar variants (and the Ha'apax, and the Haakona) sometimes get stuck in sector space if you plot an autonavigation course to another system. I've had my Haakona spazz out for 10 seconds until I reverse course and get around the ships boxing me in. Make all sector space ships ghosts, since it's *the overworld* and no combat or ramming speed or... well... anything... happens in sector.

Plus, I want to see how many Defiants or Corvettes I can fit inside it.
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    But if we shrunk the romulan ships, we couldn't have funny threads like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com