test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does EPS skill or EPS console play any role in DPS

osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I've noticed that when auto fire 4 DHC and 3 turrets that it seems that after each volley it appears that my weapons power drops and then come up to really close or the same as the volley before that. Is this an example of where EPS can inprove DPS if I put more points in EPS or get an EPS console. Or does it not matter at all what your EPS is in that no matter what your weapons power is always not going to refill to 125 faster then the next Volley comes.

Some say no others say yes. what do you say?
Post edited by osirisraa on

Comments

• tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If for some reason you have things that drain a lot of power, for example a beam on overload. EPS will affect the speed of the replenishment of the drain and therefore your DPS.

Otherwise no, it doesn't do anything except boost the amount of power you gain from using emergency power to x.
  • osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    If for some reason you have things that drain a lot of power, for example a beam on overload. EPS will affect the speed of the replenishment of the drain and therefore your DPS.

Otherwise no, it doesn't do anything except boost the amount of power you gain from using emergency power to x.

Above I mentioned that it seems that when I volley all 7 weapons that my power drops around 50 points and the seems to only replenish 45 points or so before the next volley. If EPS is going to help power recovery from beam over load then how is it going to do it when it seems I losing 5 power per volley and why wouldn't not help me lose 5 power a volley if it regens from beam over load?

I have no points in EPS and when I auto fire my weapons with a beam overload my power drops and continues to drop about 5 points after that per volley
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If i may be so blunt, yeah you can really feel it with PVE's when you don't have EPS skill or EPS consoles set.

In a way you don't really need it when you're fighting up close, but as i've said in PVE's like ISE/KASE/*whatwasthatshortcut* you have to cover some ground once-in-a-while. As soon you go at full impulse, your weapon energy flow to your engines, as soon as you've reached your destination you need another 4 to 6 full seconds to wait before you can do some decent dps again.
    You can alleviate that a bit by using evasive just before you are where you need to be.

Sometimes when doing PVP you know you have to quickly turn roles (higher engine or defense). Where a match can be over in seconds, this will do you no good.

Even though my andy (fed tac) can do roughly 7k dps on average (ACT) in ISE, i feel my energyflow (or the lack thereof) holding me back. It really is my bottleneck at this moment.

While my rom (tac) can only do 4k dps on average (no sets whatsover yet) i already feel way more effective, simply because i can adapt faster to a certain situation.

Don't underestimate the power of power :D .
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.