test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jem'Hadar Origin

scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Ten Forward
Anyone who have watched DS9 knows that the founders bread the Jem'Hadar to be their soldiers. The question is, though, what did they use to create them. Did they manipulate base DNA from scratch? Did they use an existing animal as the base like they did with the Vorta? Well, after much research I have found the answer.

Here it is.

Yes folks, you are seeing that right. One of the greatest enemies the Federation has known came from our own back yard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mingtran2mingtran2 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Follow. But! Follow only if ye be men of valor! For the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel, that no man yet has fought with it... and lived! BONES of full fifty men lie *strewn* about its lair! So! Brave knights! If you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth...
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aww the poor bunny :eek:
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mingtran2 wrote: »
    Follow. But! Follow only if ye be men of valor! For the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel, that no man yet has fought with it... and lived! BONES of full fifty men lie *strewn* about its lair! So! Brave knights! If you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth...

Where, behind the rabbit?
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    mingtran2mingtran2 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Monty Python Joking aside, I reconise what is happening to this rabit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shope_papilloma_virus

the Shope papilloma virus is a type of virus that infects Rabits, and cause horn like growths on them. It is believe that this infection may be the origin to the myth of Jackalopes and Wolpertinger
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kill it before it lay eggs ! WITH FIRE!
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow, what an odd virus.
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013

the Shope papilloma virus is a type of virus that infects Rabits, and cause horn like growths on them. It is believe that this infection may be the origin to the myth of Jackalopes and Wolpertinger

The jem'hadar are infected rabbits ... thats ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFods1KSWsQ
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified that you know that.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LOL! AH HA! I saw this story on Yahoo earlier 2day, Nice One!:D

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    LOL! AH HA! I saw this story on Yahoo earlier 2day, Nice One!:D

Yeah, that is where I got it from. When I saw the picture the Trek Nerd in me immediately thought of the Jem'Hadar.

They did mention exactly that in the article I got the picture from. I suppose I could have included that bit of info in my OP. :o