test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

thaleron nerfed???

wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I just ran an estf like I normally do( ICE) and tried using my thaleron on a generator.. I did the usual and got all my power to auxiliary, switched on Aux2Sif and bem overload, hit the botton and... Nothing.. it fired all right, but for a shot that usually does 65k of damage, i didnt do any damage at all to the generator this time.. zero, none..
Compounding that, i was one shotted by a beam that hit me from behind.. Confused, I looked back there and there was nothing there..
this is the second time in this same estf ive been hit by a shot from empty space and killed,but even more perplexing was my thaleron being so weak as to do no damage at all. Is anyone else seeing similar??
wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    weird.. my polarons ar still doing good damage and the probes are ok though they are dieing a lot quicker now. The thaleron is useless at this point, and the ship itself is dieing faster than if i didnt have any shields or armor at all.. I mean, if this is fixing the scimitar, please give me the broken parts back..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    I mean, if this is fixing the scimitar, please give me the broken parts back..

Be careful what you wish for. Did a fleet alert earlier, didn't notice any issues with my Thalaron. Did the usual hit APO3, APA3, then charged it with all power to aux, wiped out an entire wave in one shot. So it seems to be pretty much the same.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Spheres can fire on you while they are warping in, so they can fire from a position that is empty just a second later when you look back.

As for the fragility try the dismiss/claim shuttle dance and pulling off all your Scimitar consoles and putting them back on.
    edited July 2013
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Spheres can fire on you while they are warping in, so they can fire from a position that is empty just a second later when you look back.

As for the fragility try the dismiss/claim shuttle dance and pulling off all your Scimitar consoles and putting them back on.

Good advice.. I dismissed my runabout some time ago when its bug was first discovered, but i havent removed and replaced the consoles.. That will be my next attempt tonight.. Thank you.
    Pam
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They may have changed it to not affect 'unliving' objects. Or in this case, stuff like the generators because they do not have any life on them, they are only static objects.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    They may have changed it to not affect 'unliving' objects. Or in this case, stuff like the generators because they do not have any life on them, they are only static objects.

I don't think so because I was using the blast last night on CSE to quickly deal with the Nanite Probes under the Cubes and I was still pretty much one shotting the bottom rows with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »

More likely this was an LoS desynch or asteroid issue. On the left side of the ISE map there are multiple small rocks that can play havoc on LoS and outgoing fire if you're in just the wrong place.
  • shinzonisbackshinzonisback Member Posts: 330
    edited July 2013
    Well:

1st - I don't know why are you all expecting a super-weapon that will destroy everything in one shot:

that weapon (in the movie) was supposed to kill people, not ships.
    but, even so, it is not designed to kill dreadnoughts, its is designed to kill T3 or lower ships.

also, have you tried to boost your aux power level ?
    i've heard it really increase the pulse damage.
    Italian Player - Forgive my bad English

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well:

1st - I don't know why are you all expecting a super-weapon that will destroy everything in one shot:

that weapon (in the movie) was supposed to kill people, not ships.
    but, even so, it is not designed to kill dreadnoughts, its is designed to kill T3 or lower ships.

also, have you tried to boost your aux power level ?
    i've heard it really increase the pulse damage.

Generally people tend to expect some sorta pay off for having a giant bulleye painted over their heads , becoming immobile , unable to fire , unable to use BOs , and to top it off it takes a considerable amount of time to fire.;)

IMMA FIRING MAH THALARON LAZER!:D Charging charging charging here it comes!pew....Well that was anti climatic..:(
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • shinzonisbackshinzonisback Member Posts: 330
    edited July 2013
    eheheh yeah, i know what you mean.

but that weapon was created to destroy the Earth (destroy = kill all people, I think), not to be used against ships (in the movie, at least).

however, try to boost your aux power level, I heard it greatly boost the Thalaron Pulse power.

Also, don't use it against cubes or dreadnought.

Devs cannot give you a weapon that obliterate cubes, unimatrix and all your nightmares in one shot ;)
    Italian Player - Forgive my bad English

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

Devs cannot give you a weapon that obliterate cubes, unimatrix and all your nightmares in one shot ;)

Sure they can it's called a Nukra web mine.:P But in all seriousness it doesn't have to be the ultimate weapon but it shouldn't feel like I'm gimping myself just to watch a pretty animation.
    Like most people I bought the extra packs because I wanted the animation a fact that Cryptic not only knew people would pay for but exploited to get extra money. What irks me is that I paid all this money but can't use it because I'm either wasting my time trying to hit a target I can't hit , not doing enough damage , or dieing before I even fire it off.
    I mean if they're insistent on making it this weak then at least let us move on the fly while it's powering up. I don't think it's against the lore yes the ship was standing still when it fired but we don't know it may have been able to move while firing under normal circumstances.
    edited July 2013
    Sure they can it's called a Nukra web mine.:P But in all seriousness it doesn't have to be the ultimate weapon but it shouldn't feel like I'm gimping myself just to watch a pretty animation.
    Like most people I bought the extra packs because I wanted the animation a fact that Cryptic not only knew people would pay for but exploited to get extra money. What irks me is that I paid all this money but can't use it because I'm either wasting my time trying to hit a target I can't hit , not doing enough damage , or dieing before I even fire it off.
    I mean if they're insistent on making it this weak then at least let us move on the fly while it's powering up. I don't think it's against the lore yes the ship was standing still when it fired but we don't know it may have been able to move while firing under normal circumstances.

I'm with vonhellsting here.. I dont expect a weapon that can single shot cubes ( although i have seen those in action and they are on federation ships ), but the thing should be at least as powerful as a single burst of the quad Dhcs decorating the front of my ship.. I would expect 2% - 4% reduction in a cubes health after one shot, not 1/2 of 1%. As for using it on cubes and gates, its the only place in pve that makes sense to use it. everything else moves too fast and is a waste of time and energy..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah gotta say, the build up and the damage, just aren't worth it to me, I do like to use it on groups and its good providing they don't drift much. To be honest, the only reason my scimitar has the thalaron burst on it anyway is because I haven't decided which console to drop. I'm not going to mess with speccing bridge crew just to have an off chance that i'll be able to get a devastating shot with it, that im sure that over the same period of time, my cannons would be able to do anyway, plus I'd be able to activate defenses.

Love the ship though, it has a LOT of options going for it and for the time being, i'm going to be using it on every romulan character.
  • variise1984variise1984 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not seeing a nerf at all.

These are from a couple of days ago and have been getting better results since. Best was 7 ships in a fleet alert totalling over 350K damage. Will Fraps some more this weekend.

http://youtu.be/l0waesv0TdM

and even better

http://youtu.be/j5e6tGEXBBw

If you are going to do fraps do it from STFs and eSTFs that actually matter. Apart from the nebula engagement the ships are too far apart for the pulse to be of any use. They are useful vs the gate, CE or a static TCube but you can't use it on both since the 3min CD prevents it.

So far I crit with it once for 90k and it ended up doing about 180k damage with the DoTs on a TCube. That's the most damage I have done with it. Typical damage is half that.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    used mine yesterday several times in estfs, it was fine, I dont even bother to boost its power.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eheheh yeah, i know what you mean.

but that weapon was created to destroy the Earth (destroy = kill all people, I think), not to be used against ships (in the movie, at least).

however, try to boost your aux power level, I heard it greatly boost the Thalaron Pulse power.

Also, don't use it against cubes or dreadnought.

Oh, it was meant to be fired against ships too. Geordi even said so in the film. "Depending on its radiant intensity, it can encompass a ship, or a planet." And if done at the right time, it does work against borg dreads. It's just a matter of timing.
    edited July 2013
    Not true at all. It doesn't matter what the engagement the vids show the damage, this is the same no matter what it hits. Cubes in E-STFs have more HP but the damage from the weapons is not reduced because of that. Best I have seen to a single target is 25% health off a transformer in ISE, the transformer HP is 646K so you can work out the damage, the DoT would have been more but the transformer was dead shortly after.

I've cleared out a max of 7 ships from a Tau Dewa run with a total initial damage of over 350K to all ships which all popped but one.

What's not true at all? I'm not understanding where we disagree.

You happen to fire on a large group of largely unmoving ships thereby causing a very large amount of damage. You very likely crit to do that much damage or they were all clustered in a very tight space well under 5k from you to pull that off. You can do the same during the Mirror Invasion STF btw. But you will find that much more difficult during a borg STF where you might be lucky to catch a couple of spheres and a gate in one shot, maybe even the cube if the moons align and the tides are just right.

That doesn't change the base damage it does.

If you did about 168k damage to the transformer that's very likely on a crit with the DoT completing in full. You cannot consistently crit with the Pulse. If not a crit I would love to know what you are doing that others are not. If it is a crit and you hit that hard again I would love to know what you are doing.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do and almost always have seen about %25 destruction to transformers, but not much on the BigBad Cube at the end :) Sorry, can't remember that STF. Although other cubes and spheres generally don't take 'much' damage - maybe %10 if "I'm lucky" :) Generally I only use the secondary shield but keep the other consoles ready.
    edited July 2013
    corjet wrote: »
    I do and almost always have seen about %25 destruction to transformers, but not much on the BigBad Cube at the end :) Sorry, can't remember that STF. Although other cubes and spheres generally don't take 'much' damage - maybe %10 if "I'm lucky" :) Generally I only use the secondary shield but keep the other consoles ready.

STF or ESTF ( its Infected: the conduit your referring too, or ISE or ICE for short). theres a very big difference between the two..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Definitely working nicely, no nerf noticed so far. <snip>

I have used it numerous times with 109 base PG and 120 AUX and I only hit a couple of times over 50k on multiple targets. Maybe you were lucky and all of their shields were down all in your facing. I try to do this on purpose by using CB and unleashing CV2 + TS3 with buffs then immediately hit RedMatter + EPtA, decloak, Secondary shields and engage the pulse. Then I carefully adjust he pulse to try and capture as many targets as possible since you can make very tiny adjustments.

Still typical damage is underwhelming and continues to be between 2-7% of EncDPS and on average it's really 3%. Average damage I see in the logs varies based on distance to target but it's anywhere from 60k base to as little as 5k base at the fringes of the pulse. Mid way it's typically 20-35k.

I don't know what you are doing that many of us are not.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Generally people tend to expect some sorta pay off for having a giant bulleye painted over their heads

Bullseye would like a word with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Bullseye would like a word with you.

I'll let my shots do my talking for me MR Bullseye.:P http://www.campaugusta.org/Summer/Activities/Clinics/Archery/Archery_split_arrow.jpg