test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Go Boldly once more!

kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
With the Current queue system, it is very easy to just loiter around ESD/Qo'nos and teleport off to the far reaches of the galaxy at a drop of a hat, shoot up a bunch of things, and then snap back to where you were as if nothing happened. This is especially common for endgame characters, as there is nothing left to DO but queue missions. This leaves the game feeling more like an amusement park or a holodeck rather than a deep space adventuring type of game you would expect from Star TREK! I mean... does anyone know WHERE the Kang was stranded? like what system... without looking it up...

So, I have a modest proposal...

Simple add a 5/10 mark bonus for ACTUALLY travelling to the respective system and queuing up there instead of flash queuing. Leave the current system in place, for those who don't have the time or the patience to go galloping across the cosmos. But then it has a SLIGHT opportunity cost of doing so in a SLIGHT reduction of total reward possible. This would allow the super casual gamers to continue unaffected, but add a new element of EXPLORING SPACE while completing your endgame marks grind. You would also start doing missions groups together, like all the Romulan missions, simply because you are geographically closer to it than say, An STF in the Gamma Orionis sector Block.

This would hurtle people out of the social zones, making them less crowded. There would be some who would actually take the effort to min/max their incomes to get there. Warp speed and Quantum slipstream would actually be important outside of Doffing and Tour of the Universe. It would increase the immersion of the game, allowing you to actually know where certain systems are in the galaxy. It might also help establish the "raid" type content that some hardcore gamers are clamoring for, as it would allow you to play the STFs in sequence, going from system to system chaining these events together.

Questions? Comments? Would this work or is this doomed to fail?
Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
Post edited by kyeto13 on

Comments

• Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That or reduce the cool downs if you queue through the system doors.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    they should get rid of cds all together.. no reason for them.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the idea of a bonus for going there.

I can see myself doing just that and not just sitting on Risa doing the summer event in between CD timers.
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jockey1979 wrote: »

I can see myself doing just that and not just sitting on Risa doing the summer event in between CD timers.

+1. good idea!
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

+1 great idea.

I am incredibly lazy now, I park myself on ESD, DS9, Risa or Drozana and just mash the queue. It really is a bit of a shame!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013

+1 also. I fully support this idea!
    HQroeLu.jpg