test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ios Star Trek online

nelson2014nelson2014 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
They need to have a app for iDevices for Star Trek online
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-Z
Malivistitisa Class (39-century Federation Class)
Post edited by nelson2014 on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That does what?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And android. .

Apple sucks
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Android, Apple, doesn't matter. Mobile devices don't have the GPU horsepower to render STO. And porting a keyboard-based interface to a touch screen? Wouldn't be stellar, IMPO, just thinking about the basics of how the game works.

Now having some sort of DOff game that ties into my STO characters? That would be compelling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    We have Gateway. It's a webapp you can access from any smart phone.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    and if only it had more than 1/10th of the functionality of the Neverwinter one :(
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sto's gateway needs a playable element, like trivia contests, doffing, dabo, refining your dilithium, and so on with rewards. Maybe a way to send your unused ships on missions captained by bridge officers and crewed by doffs as something like doff assignments.

Right now you can look at your character info a bit, but not much more, it have very little actual use.
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And Iphones don't suck!

Compared to a commandore 64 there's awesome ;p

Its just that Android is better!
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To be honest here the Gateway seems bugged. Just decided to poke it briefly and it only shows my Rom toon from an old ship. Maybe its reading Tribble instead of Holodeck?
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Big chunks of STO could probably be ported to a web app, things like rep development in particular

Ground combat could even be done with 2D isometric. Come to think of it, there's no 3D flight or aiming so you could probably port the space combat too. Abilities could be a problem, given that they cannot make the single version of them work properly, so probably just end up with twice the bugs
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To be honest here the Gateway seems bugged. Just decided to poke it briefly and it only shows my Rom toon from an old ship. Maybe its reading Tribble instead of Holodeck?

Check if the adress is 'gatewaytest.startrekonlike.com', which shows Tribble characters, or just 'gateway.startrekonline.com' that works for holodeck.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sto's gateway needs a playable element, like trivia contests, doffing, dabo, refining your dilithium, and so on with rewards. Maybe a way to send your unused ships on missions captained by bridge officers and crewed by doffs as something like doff assignments.

Right now you can look at your character info a bit, but not much more, it have very little actual use.
    My thoughts exactly. Currently, Gateway is just potential, but not really much more than wallpaper at the moment.

Edit: although the new(er) feature to contribute to Fleet projects out-of-game is certainly interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, there's gateway, but even without the additional functionality Neverwinters' gateway has, its buggy as hell.
    • Pages fail to load leaving you hanging, or load an error page.
    • Data appears to get lost between loading pages. Example, I get the "Classified" page when looking at my fleet info, when the character I'm using is in/leader of said fleet.
    • Captain profile pictures/thumbnails don't load, are blank, or don't update, weeks after a change has been made.
    • Same with ship pictures.
    • Missing or incorrect item icons.
    • Missing or incorrect faction/career icons.
    Plus a few more I can't remember right now.

The most annoying thing however is the constant need to log in to it! I've started using direct links to sections of my gateway, and other peoples to avoid the page loading issues of navigating everywhere. But every time I follow a link, I'm asked to log in yet again.

Yes I'd love to have more functionality in the gateway; mail, bank/inventory management, more fleet administration, in-game calendar display, and yes even doffing!

I'd rather existing things worked properly, before new things are added. Come to think of it, that probably sums up my feelings for STO in general.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The gateway is a nightmare of badly implemented, rarely updated buggy code. The release of the gateway also happened at the exact same time as people's in game bios becoming on reachable as well, so not only does it not work on the website, its doing something in game to degrade it.

At this point is should be either fixed or shut down until it actually usable.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel