test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it just me or...?

kadvelkadvel Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Is it just me or does Foundry never compile a project?

I created a playable mission using a tutorial but everytime I try to load it to try it, the game just hangs on the loading screen. I have reinstalled the game twice, had the launcher verify all the game files, and even went as far to reinstall Windows just to try that but alas, no fix. I made a similar mission back in April and I had no problems, but now that I've started playing again at the end of June, I cannot get Foundry to compile the project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What do you mean?

If you want to preview a map it takes a while to load (like 5 minutes)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • kadvelkadvel Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really? Oh... I guess I should be a little more patient. It seemed a lot faster before though, but it must because of the changes that came with the Romulan faction. Thanks!
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kadvel wrote: »
    Really? Oh... I guess I should be a little more patient. It seemed a lot faster before though, but it must because of the changes that came with the Romulan faction. Thanks!

It's really unpredictable. I was able to work in the Foundry yesterday with no loading screen problems. The day before it was taking an average of 3 to 5 minutes. It took me over 2 hours to strategically place 5 props together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kadvelkadvel Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I am having the very problem! I tried to make a quick linear map and this time it loaded much more quickly, but if I added any props, people, or details it refused to load (I gave it two hours and got nothing).
  • vexravusvexravus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since LoR went live the Foundry seems to have become incredibly unstable.
    I've seen and experienced all kinds of errors, from issues with the login and random crashes to map templates being broken in some way and errors in pathing and costumes.
    Also, it seems that the import feature for costumes has been removed which, I can't understand since that was one of the best features they have ever added.
    I've also had a mission that I began working on long before they announced LoR that is now broken because it says I need to choose a costume and fill in text in 2 places, but I've already done it.

I don't know why the Foundry is so broken at the moment, since it doesn't even look like they added anything new (other than the Elachi and possibly some new detail objects), but there are no new costumes or ships or anything like that.

I'm hoping that they will actually take the Foundry offline (and disable mission play and reviews this time) and fix all these problems. It seems to happen every time they introduce anything new into the game, the Foundry is seriously compromised and not actually fixed before being brought online again...it is incredibly frustrating.

Who knows, maybe if we make a big enough noise about it then it might get fixed.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    According to Cryptic's responses in other threads, the slow loading and login issues are just due to server lag. The import editor was supposedly removed because of a flaw in it (that they found before LoR went live) that was causing crashes.

Alas, Foundry being near the bottom of Cryptic's STO totem pole, it may take awhile before either of these is fixed.
  • skyline475skyline475 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Alas, Foundry being near the bottom of Cryptic's STO totem pole, it may take awhile before either of these is fixed.

If that's the case, then maybe we should have an author strike! We all just un-publish our missions until the problems are completely fixed. However, I do have faith in Crypticfrost's ability to get our concerns known. I mean it was a pretty fast turn around when the "review" option accidentally was left on after the LoR's release to getting it turned off for a bit
    My Foundry Missions:
    The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751
This discussion has been closed.