test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request - Do Something About AFK Leechers!

ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Over time I have witnessed/observed the number of AFK leeching players increasing -- for me, I have observed at least 40% of the time when I do a PUG Azure Nebula Rescue, there will be one leecher on the team.

This means a 20% drop in team firepower, and a 20% less efficient ship release rate - that one more player can make a difference in getting those tractor beams disabled...which results in a lower ship release rate, and less marks for the team.

There has got to be a solution.

I guess I don't understand the Leecher mindset. Why even log in if you are not going to play the game?

Here are some ideas...yeah -- some of them are a bit over the top, I know.

1. If there is a leecher on the team, put in code that flags just him/her for PVP so the rest of the team can fire on them. Let the AFKer become PvP flagged after 2 minutes in inactivity or not firing weapons or disabling tractor beams...and an automatic default of any rewards -- no marks for that player.

2. Let it be known that three confirmed reports of leeching for any account results in a 1 day ban. Second time offenders get 3 days, 3rd time offenders get 1 week, and any offense after that is a two week ban.

3. Set it up so that any marks awarded to the leecher are instead shared out to the rest of the team, with zero going to the leecher. Either that or provide double the number of marks to active players, and half the number of marks to any leecher on the team.

4. Remove all time penalties for leaving early. If a leecher is detected, players who do not want to support the leecher can leave the match with no penalty. Also...if identified as a leecher, make their ship glow a bright pink for 1 or 2 hours so that any player that ends up teamed with them knows instantly they are with a leecher.

I know that there are some players out there that simply do not care, or which think this is not that big of an issue...and some other players who will say "don't do pugs" but that is not the point.

The point is this -- a player chooses to be a leech...but there is no positive choice for players to deal with leeches -- only penalties if you leave a match willingly because you don't see the point in providing that leech with free marks...and there is no down-side to leeching. No penalties, no consequences. Is that fair? I know you can report leeches..and I do so every time...but I sort of doubt that anything is done...or are there consequences?