test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at the Vault

ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
So I bought a shuttle and proceeded to the vault in the shuttle as instructed.. Now I'm sat outside the vault twiddling my thumbs as I cant beam down or anything?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ighten on

Comments

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did you ready your shuttle at the shipyard? If you did, it'll show in your status list, next to your main ship between your captain and boffs.

If you didn't, you don't have to go all the way back, you can manage shuttles from the ship selector on your ship's engineering deck.
  • warrior1242warrior1242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For the vault you don't beam down to a planet. You have to go to the station, and enter the station with your shuttle. The entire mission you will be using your shuttle both outside, and inside the huge station.
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For the vault you don't beam down to a planet. You have to go to the station, and enter the station with your shuttle. The entire mission you will be using your shuttle both outside, and inside the huge station.

Is there a door then or should a button appear? What do you mean by ready it? I am in the shuttle now (its my avatar) so I presume I did?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deianirrahdeianirrah Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just to clarify:
    • You did buy/get and equip a shuttle, including eventual BOff-slots on the ship.
    • You went to the ship selector in the ESD shipyard and did select Your standard small craft. You do not have to set it as Your active craft, if memory serves.
    • You did fly to the Haakona system and were able to enter it.
    • And now You do not know how to enter the Vault.

Right so far?

There are several ways to enter the Vault, three depend on the class of Your character and should be Optional mission choices.
    One only requires You to fly around the Vault and to enter the nebula behind it, then fly towards the Vault inside the nebula.

There is a complete walkthrough if You want.

Taskforce 47 Falkenwacht (Federation) / Greifenreiter (KDF)
    (at) deianirrah
    Free Gear and where to get it
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's also one that is open to Romulan characters only, by using the Tal Shiar code to just enter the Vault.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The easiest thing to do here is to fly toward the nebula. It disturbs the atmospehere and disables your map, but you still can see things in normal view. Fly towards the Vault, when you are close by, you get a message that you can enter it.

You do not beam down. It is a shuttle mission. Equip your shuttle with weapons and consoles. You can take these from your main ship probably. Also use the BoFF slot, I prefer tactical team and set weapon power to high.

The start of the mission has some complications. You have to talk to DeSoto and the shuttle informant. They are both on Sierra base. Once you have done it you get a log message 'go to the Haakona system'.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In an earlier mission you got a Hargh'peng torpedo launcher. Put that on your shuttle. Even one with a low Mk number will out-damage almost anything else you can equip at the time you first get to The Vault, and the 1km explosion radius often catches multiple small craft, (even cloaked ones.) Also, the secondary explosion completely ignores shields and has a 1km blast radius, so it will put a hurting on anything it can't outright kill and take out nearby small craft at the same time. Since you only have one BOff at most you won't need to worry about torp powers, which is good because none of them stack with the Hargh anyway.
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks I finally sorted it.. For some reason I was not getting De Sotos conversation to move on to the next stage..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]