What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dreadnought Warbirds Available!

2»

Comments

• caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed.

The easy availability of new, powerful stuff is one of the contributing factors to the decline of this game and the reality that we're constantly burning through content; it's all paid for at the click of a button as opposed to earned. When they stop handing everything out at the price of a few hours work and start putting it at the end of meaningful content (read: not at the end of a menu grind), people will start to find value in their ownership and experience in STO.

Yes mate, but the thing you don't seem to realise, is that not everyone can sit there all day in their pissed stained boxer shorts grinding endlessly the same crappy means to earn dill or loot.Some people have lives to lead also. Wives, kids, friends, etc. When they log onto the game they might only have finite time to spend on it and the last thing they want to do is spend most of that time trying to grind dull scenarios when they can just whip their credit card out.

The end result is still the same, so whats the problem? If everyone grinded out the requirements to own these ships after a few months, everyone would still have one, so there goes the immersion. Albeit slightly later.

It all boils down to the people that don't have enough money to buy this stuff outright. Crying and jealous of people that actually work for their money and spend it on whatever they like, including this game, which i class as a hobby. People spend ridiculous money on some RL hobbies, so why is this game any different if you spend enough time on it?

Its always about someone with an axe to grind, when in actual fact, if those people had the means, they would do it themselves. Just be happy for people and how they choose to play or spend their money, and worry about your own gamestyle.

For the record, i do have lots of spare time to play this game, however i am not nieve enough to think everyone has the same amount of time to invest. I had a life once! So i know what it is like. Saying to your girlfriend, "Sorry, gonna **** you off for that dinner tonight so i can play star trek" tends not to end well. Take heed lonely virgin grind machines!

BY THE WAY CRYPTIC, AWESOME JOB WITH THE SCIMITAR! Actually has very good consoles, rather than novelties. Its a great fun ship to fly, yet it needs a lot to get the most from it. I love it, and i love the working thaloron chamber on the bridge, nice touch.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Chill...

Most people work for a living...

The only people who have enough time to earn the resources in-game are children, unemployed, and people w/ monetary benefactors.

If you don't allow people to buy ships, then you can expect to see the game population either crash or there will be many captains w/ low tier ships.

There are so many people on these forums who want to control everything, and I suggest they take their complaints to a doctor.
  • nebbiosadonzellanebbiosadonzella Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ITT we learn reading comprehension is so last month. :rolleyes:
  • cobrasmoke03cobrasmoke03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think its total bull if this doesnt get added to the packs that people purchased for the legacy pack. I paid $160 for it and so far it still hasnt been worth it. Now they want us to pay more? I'm a lifer, have been for a LONG time, and purchased legacy... why not have free bonuses like this pack for those that have paid for some or all of the multiple purchases such as the lifetime membership, legacy pack, pre-release subscriptions etc?
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Scimitar is a fine looking ship. Kudos to the ship artist(s). But as long as Cruisers are the slow moving floating bricks in STO, I won't be investing any money or time in obtaining one.

I would prefer it, if when they release new ships to the store, that they release the ships with each component individually (ship, bridge, unique console) as well as a packaged-deal. For those who prefer to use other consoles, the special console is rather useless. For those who would rather use a different bridge, the ship-specific bridge is useless. For the Scimitar, the default Romulan bridge would suit quite nicely for those uninterested in using the Scimitar bridge.

Current:
    Cost: 25 dollars (includes unique bridge* and console)

Proposal:
    Bridge: 5-10 dollars
    Ship: 15 dollars
    Console: 5-10 dollars
    All-in-one: 25 dollars

As shown above, buying all the parts at the same time would still yield a lower cost, and give Cryptic the same amount they do today. While those who are uninterested in one part or another, will come off slightly cheaper. "Micro" transactions appear to be a thing of the past, when the cost generally exceeds the cost of most MMO subscription-based fees. Not to mention, the ability to buy entire games for the same cost (used), or roughly double (new).

* Unique Bridges are not a guarantee. The Vesta Pack is still waiting on it's own bridge design, while both the Odyssey, Bortas'qu and Scimitar come with their own bridges.
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yomatofan wrote: »
    I think what you've said is completely true, ships need to be earnt because then the skill curve increases with the players. Giving such powerful ships to pure noobs effectively does nothing but give them a false sense of "I Win". I personally think that flying Fleet ships is more honorable then anything that comes out of the C-Store or dare I say it, the Lockbox ships.

Heh. That's tru. I've seen some in the ship live threw a mass attack & seen others blow up 2..3 times in a row.

It ain't the ship you fly, it's the pilot behind it. Like most have said, it's a learning kurve to this game.

-V
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    before you spend money on it....

you should know.... its bugged

wait untill they fix it
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=777461
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    before you spend money on it....

you should know.... its bugged

wait untill they fix it