test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Directed Energy Modulation III

wayotwolfwayotwolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
I just checked the exchange for a rare or very rare BOFF with Directed Energy Modulation III but could not find a single one. Not even in the ones that costed close to 10 million. Is this skill only trainable from a player Engineer?
Post edited by wayotwolf on

Comments

• misslithanymisslithany Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Requires a Engineering Captain with at least 6 ranks in Starship Energy Weapon Specialization to train.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is a fairly decent ability for a Cmdr engineer slot, though it works better with cannons (and by extension, cannon buffs) than it does with beams. It can still be useful with beams, but not as much.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • wayotwolfwayotwolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    It is a fairly decent ability for a Cmdr engineer slot, though it works better with cannons (and by extension, cannon buffs) than it does with beams. It can still be useful with beams, but not as much.

But only trainable from an Engineer captain right?
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wayotwolf wrote: »
    But only trainable from an Engineer captain right?

Yes, what Misslilthany said is correct, an engineer is the only person who can train it depending on their spec.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.