test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aegis 4-Piece Set

edwarlordedwarlord Member Posts: 120 Arc User
Cryptic, you should make the Aegis set a 4-Piece set by adding an Aegis Warp Core. This would give it a boost among its other contemporaries and even among the new ones. I think its a good set, GREAT if your going for the looks. It really needs the boost :)

3 things to primarily implement:
-It should be the ONLY 4-piece set for a length of time in the near future to distinguish it from the rest, rather than it being the only craftable space set & the only set to not have an on-use ability as its distinguishing features.
-It should be a modified [Field Stabilizing Matter Anti-Matter Warp Core] which boosts maximum available power to Shield subsystem to 130. Just like the Omega and Assimilated Shield Arrays are modified Regenerative Shield Arrays. This would follow the set's theme of enhancing shields.
-The additions of a 4-piece set passive bonus AND an on-use ability, NOT one or the other. For the on-use ability I was thinking something similar, if not exactly like, the universal console [Resonance Cascade Modulator] but just for your ship.

Thanks in advance :D
Post edited by edwarlord on

Comments

• Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not so sure about your specifications, but I like your idea of adding a craftable Aegis Warp core with the addition of a 4-piece set bonus. It might make the Aegis set worthwhile again.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The first and biggest problem with that: It would improve crafting. Cryptic can't do that. It would keep people away from grinding reps and fleets.

The second: Romulans can't use Matter-Antimatter warp core at T5 without lock box or special event ships. Seems a bit unfair towards them.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The first and biggest problem with that: It would improve crafting. Cryptic can't do that. It would keep people away from grinding reps and fleets.

The second: Romulans can't use Matter-Antimatter warp core at T5 without lock box or special event ships. Seems a bit unfair towards them.

maybe an aegis singularity core as well? doesnt mean it cant use both in the set, sicne you can only have 1 anyway.
  • Options
    kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The biggest problem, sarcasm regarding crafting aside, is that it re-enables 2&2 set synergies, so someone could set the Deflectors and Core from Aegis for the Thoron Distortion Bonus, then set the MACO Engines and Shield and get Magnetoplasma. Or better: Aegis Shield/Core + Borg Deflector/Engines for all the defense and offence bonus. Crypic's avowed reason for moving the Borg console out of that set was to break up the 2&2 builds and that their main hesitation against adding set Cores is because of these builds.

I personally would be in favor of cores for all of the sets (and XI+ equivalents for Aegis and Breen while we're wishing), but unfortunately I am not Cryptic.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kasandaro wrote: »
    The biggest problem, sarcasm regarding crafting aside, is that it re-enables 2&2 set synergies, so someone could set the Deflectors and Core from Aegis for the Thoron Distortion Bonus, then set the MACO Engines and Shield and get Magnetoplasma. Or better: Aegis Shield/Core + Borg Deflector/Engines for all the defense and offence bonus. Crypic's avowed reason for moving the Borg console out of that set was to break up the 2&2 builds and that their main hesitation against adding set Cores is because of these builds.

I personally would be in favor of cores for all of the sets (and XI+ equivalents for Aegis and Breen while we're wishing), but unfortunately I am not Cryptic.

they could always bump the 2 set abilities on 4 piece sets upto the 3rd piece, and just give it more 4 piece bonuses instead of 2,3 and 4 set bonuses.
  • Options
    hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it was CaptGecko that mentioned in an interview prior to the LoR release that the plan was to have set-piece warp cores (can't recall if he brought up singularity cores, but I would imagine they'd be included as well). I anticipate he's going to add cores to MACO, KHG, Omega Force, their Adapted versions, and possibly the Borg set too. I would hope this also includes Aegis as well. The problem the devs may be facing is how you can code for the 4th piece to account for both warp and singularity cores. In other words, how the code for the system will recognize whether you have one or the other in order to qualify it as an actively equipped piece in the set.

There was also talk a while back about faction specific reputations, namely the Federation and KDF. I can see this as an opportunity for them to put in a special project in your Federation Starfleet reputation, for example, where you can exchange your current Aegis set for an enhanced one, perhaps bumping it up to Mk XII purple or ultra-violet standards (Cryptic seems to have an anti-level scaling policy lately, and I get the feeling they're going to rip this feature out of the Aegis set in the future in preparation for the level-cap increase).