test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa Event Feedback and Suggestions.

stevilfirebrandstevilfirebrand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi Guys,

Firstly top job on the event. It is fun and I am enjoying it. However I have found myself thinking about certain things as I'm going around so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

1. There should be more stuff to do. I'm having fun with the dance party and the Horgahn hunting and the accolades including Pavyl. But I wish there were more way to earn the favours... perhaps running simultaneously so you can choose what you want to do.

2. The dance thingy is a bit boring and is just a time sink. It needs work. Maybe do something with the arrow keys to make it a little more fun/challenging?

3. The flying courses are a bit short and basic. They're not really a challenge and you're not rewarded for upgrading your floater.

4. I'd like some flying races please. That's a big island and why not add some races that take you all over it with slightly smaller gates to make it a challenge. Top 5 places get some extra pearls?

5. Boat rides. I'd like to go on a boat cruise around the island... perhaps for an achievement?

6. Pedalos. I want to rent a pedalo and go for a spin in the sea.

7. Loads of people are asking for swimwear (i'm sure you're aware) and more outfits to be won by getting the favours. Please can we have more. It's a long event and there's plenty of time for people to get more favours.

8. Monkey Paintball. You see them monkeys running round the island? Can we shoot them with paintballs to earn some favours?

I'll add more when I think of them... Keep up the good work :)
Post edited by stevilfirebrand on

Comments

• Options
    igorche81igorche81 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Monkey Paintball? Really? Hurting innocent animals is fun to you? I'm with you on all you said but this... No. Boat rides, sure. Pedalos, why the hell not. Races, Definitely. But how about this? 3-5 islands, race to pickup something from all of them and return to a guy that gave you the quest in time limit? That would be great. And you only play it with 4 more players. So it's a standard PvE competition. Cryptic should also add boats to buy for favors like the floaters. So you can fly to pick up stuff from those islands or go with your boat. And Boats should be Rental = White, Standard = Green, Advanced = Blue, Superior = Purple, just like the floaters. Your own boat to go around islands but for the higher price then floaters. Like double the price. Also this Event map is way more fun and beautiful then standard Risa map. It should be made permanent instead of original one and bring expanded with 3-5 or 10 islands only when summer event starts. That's all I want.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You question the morality of shooting paintballs at the poor monkeys when you have no problems shooting and killing Klingons and Romulans and Hirogen and all those other species? They're sentient beings and they all have families and children and pets at home. But you don't give a monkeys about that??

Not to mention the shiploads of families you orphan every time you blow up a starship!!

But yeah... the monkey paintball was a revision of my original idea involving C4 and miniguns :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Why not have a PVP paintball game on the island?
  • Options
    rainbowarcanarainbowarcana Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Guys,

Firstly top job on the event. It is fun and I am enjoying it. However I have found myself thinking about certain things as I'm going around so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

1. There should be more stuff to do. I'm having fun with the dance party and the Horgahn hunting and the accolades including Pavyl. But I wish there were more way to earn the favours... perhaps running simultaneously so you can choose what you want to do.

3. The flying courses are a bit short and basic. They're not really a challenge and you're not rewarded for upgrading your floater.

7. Loads of people are asking for swimwear (i'm sure you're aware) and more outfits to be won by getting the favours. Please can we have more. It's a long event and there's plenty of time for people to get more favours.

I'll add more when I think of them... Keep up the good work :)

1) Agreed. Keep the event around and keep adding to it.

3) A thousand times no. The whole point of the flying course mission is to earn pearls for the Risian ship. This mission should never be gated in such a way as the reward is only achievable by the minority of players with twitch reflexes and the time and/or obsessiveness to grind favours for a high-speed floater. Some of us are old and have bad eyesight and jobs.

7) What's needed is one or two beginner costume pieces that can be purchased with EC. That way "vacationers" can change into their holiday clothes and hit the beach, just like in real life. Seeing all these people running around Risa in their uniforms don't look very relaxed.
  • Options
    igorche81igorche81 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You question the morality of shooting paintballs at the poor monkeys when you have no problems shooting and killing Klingons and Romulans and Hirogen and all those other species? They're sentient beings and they all have families and children and pets at home. But you don't give a monkeys about that??

Not to mention the shiploads of families you orphan every time you blow up a starship!!

But yeah... the monkey paintball was a revision of my original idea involving C4 and miniguns :)

Last time I checked, those same Klingons, Romulans, Hirogen and countless other species fired at me. Monkeys don't.
  • Options
    tejanahawktejanahawk Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Risa is great, I would suggest leaving it attached to the old Risa after the summer event is over. Maybe then the speclal grinding/game stuff could be removed, but the Island, buildings, activities would remain. Storywise, Risa is supposed to be a pleasure planet all year long, so would be a great R&R place for combat weary crews anytime.

On the same token I thought a modified Winter Wonderland would be a great addition to Andoria. This would just give more stuff to do when visiting these places. Sometimes all the grinding and combat gets boring and its just nice to go explore. Like Picard said 'Remember when we used to be explorers?'

Another suggestion for Risa would be to either let you bring one bridge officer or a random selection of your bridge officers become NPC vacationers wandering about. It would play into the idea that your ship with battle weary crew are going to Risa to relax.

Cheers,
    TJ
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how about a water balloon fight ? they can use the snowball tech from winter event. it would be easy to implement .
  • Options
    gimpycgimpyc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    igorche81 wrote: »
    Last time I checked, those same Klingons, Romulans, Hirogen and countless other species fired at me. Monkeys don't.

Monkeys throw their poo.
  • Options
    porygonx1porygonx1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for making this thread!

My general feeling is that the Summer Event is very fun, but not quite as good as the Winter Event.

The nice thing about the Winter Event is none of the events take too long. The events in the Summer Event are too long (speaking mostly of the Dance Competition; the Scavenger Hunt is fine) and force you to choose between playing the event and socializing.

The first three waves of the Dance Competition are fine, but the last (complete 20 dance moves) is a bit too long. It could have stopped after Complete 10.

Then there is the down time between events. During the Winter Event, one could socialize, grind in snow piles for more items, or just cause mischief by throwing snowballs.

The Summer Event doesn't really have "down time" as (stated above) the events run back to back, and if you choose to ignore them, there is little else you can do except hunt down accolades.

I agree with the following suggestions from the first poster:
    1. Something like the snow pile grinding in the Winter Event?
    2. Just make it shorter.
    8. I agree that a player interactive thing like paintball, would be a good addition. Maybe not monkey paintball, but some paintball (or water gun/water balloon) stuff would be fun.

And I'd like to add a 9th suggestion: Summer Event themed Duty Officer missions. Like the available ones in the Winter Event.

Thank you.
  • Options
    marksamuelsonmarksamuelson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I completed flying high once with an improved floater, but since I acquired a superior one the mission cannot be completed. There is only 1 possible course on the map and once it is completed - you're done. Nothing on the map and I've flown all over the island looking too. This is not cool - there is no way to complete the only mission you can to get pearls.
  • Options
    nylsianylsia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    porygonx1 wrote: »
    And I'd like to add a 9th suggestion: Summer Event themed Duty Officer missions. Like the available ones in the Winter Event.

Agreed. My Doffs would appreciate some "shore leave" type missions on Risa!
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It turns out that you actually fly slower when this tribble is activated. At first activation I notice a slight speed buff, but when I relogged at the character flying of, getting some speed is really slow.

Also, my Klingons can also use the tribble, KDF and Fed sided.

Since I am not happy with the way the tribble performs, I want to remove the buff. To do that a normal tribble won't work, you have to use a special one.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Would it be a terrible thing if eggs, birds or the reward box could be swapped within one account.

I have several characters and have great fun with the event, but one of my characters is loaded with eggs and will likely finish the event with a big reputation boost. Some other characters of my have nada, nothing.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...<snip>
    3) A thousand times no. The whole point of the flying course mission is to earn pearls for the Risian ship. This mission should never be gated in such a way as the reward is only achievable by the minority of players with twitch reflexes and the time and/or obsessiveness to grind favours for a high-speed floater. Some of us are old and have bad eyesight and jobs.
    <snip>

A thousand times agreed.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not a real big issue, but give us at least a cheap starter outfit for this event. Same as with the floater.

Here is my reasoning.

We have the flying High, the Lorh'at hunt and the dance event. All three task are fairly simple and short. Flying High rewards a space ship after 25 times. A VA space ship costs 2500 Zen in the store. A costume pack is 500 Zen, so 5 costume packs equal a VA space ship.

To get a Risa costume pack I need 600 favours. That is about doing 12 times the Lorh'at hunt and the dance event. Sure, you can do them back to back, but that is not the issue. Compared to the store costume packs, the Risa outfit costs about a 1000 Zen.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I like most, if not all these ideas.
    As far as the Fly High having "better" courses, I could agree with that, maybe have a set of courses similar to the rating system for items (wht/grn/blue/purple), giving correspondingly higher rewards for completing them, but with corresponding difficulty increases. That way, you could still do the "normals" 25 times, to get your ship, but if you complete the better ones, get a slight increase in the amount of pearls, and a few favors as well, from completing them. (And maybe an accolade/set of accolades for completing it a # of times on each difficulty level)
    The dance thing, I agree, would be kind of cool, if you could kind of zero in on your character, and have a minigame out of it, to complete it.
    BEACHWEAR!!!! Yes, I would LOVE to have more, even male characters could do with different kinds of swimwear/beachwear, and females could have 1- & 2-piece bathing suits, as well as maybe skorts, and other stuff you could see at a beach.
    And how about another reward pack/outfit pack, similar to the flower set, but out of pearls? I'd love to outfit my gals with pearl necklaces and bracelets/anklets. Arm/thighlets probably wouldn't be doable (as far as "realism", you just never see that type of thing.

Also, as an aside in general, I think more off-duty/formal outfit types would be a good thing, everything from miniskirts, different kinds of shirts & pants, to footwear.:D:D:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My wishes for Risa when it becomes permanent available:

Keep:
    the contests
    the vendors
    the Ornithologist and the bird eggs
    favors as main payment method

Change:
    Flying High reward of pearls into favors

Add:
    ship selector, ship tailor
    Player's house

I think it is important to keep Risa as a social place for the players. The feedback is overwhelming as much as I have read. So Risa could be some kind of outpost instead of ESD, New Romulus Command or First City.

It would be great if players could buy a house on Risa, and by using favors expand and decorate the house. Some sort of Reputation System for the house.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First of all, do not expect the Risa map to become permanent. Players have asked for the Winter event map to become permanent to no avail. I just don't see it happening.

Here are my suggestions.

1. Add favors to the Ornithologist trade in reward.

2. After you have unlocked the Risian Corvette, keep the "Flying High" mission with Favors as the reward.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Water Balloons, squirt guns, paintball, jet ski races, shorter dances, archeological dig mission, swimming, longer flying high courses, and a lot more to spend favors on.

Once more is added the time table really needs to be changed so there's time between events like with the Winter event. Also eggs should be tradable and the hatch egg doff mission timer greatly reduced. would also be a vast improvement if these special event ships were changed to be non-sellable, account bound when still boxed so they can be saved for use on other characters created later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Find a way to get old and new Holiday Risa Maps into one so that we can have it at all days of the year. ... Make the Rocket pack useable at everymap but maybe only not in Ground PVP/PVE Combat. Give us the same clotes option the not player girls and boys have.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    igorche81 wrote: »

Monkeys throw Poo! I'd love to splat em with a paintball gun!
  • Options
    joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only thing that to me NEEDS to be changed is access to leisurewear. It's criminal to have Orion Slave girls being the only race that can have swimwear and even they have to wear flowers for it. Make more off duty uniform items so that guys can wear actual shorts and maybe be shirtless or a tank top or t-shirt that isn't an old school medical tunic and girls can have bikinis or at least some form of bathing suits. Sandals would be nice too! It's ridiculous to show off all the great costumes we can't use on the NPC's wandering around.

Very Not cool to force us to wear full clothing to a tropical beach resort!
  • Options
    yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Requesting to add a slider bar while purchasing GPL with favours. currently we need to make 2 mouse click in order to buy 200GPL with 1 favour. imagine what if someone need to buy with 1000 favours.. that would be like 1000 favour x 2 clicks = 2000 freaking clicks :eek:... .. hope DEVTEAM is reading this.. :cool:

Thanks
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1) Agreed. Keep the event around and keep adding to it.

7) What's needed is one or two beginner costume pieces that can be purchased with EC. That way "vacationers" can change into their holiday clothes and hit the beach, just like in real life. Seeing all these people running around Risa in their uniforms don't look very relaxed.

I agree with both of these.

It really doesn't make sense to me that I have to basically run around in a uniform for the entire event earning favors for costume pieces that I can't wear during the event.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    igloodudeigloodude Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yuukage wrote: »
    Requesting to add a slider bar while purchasing GPL with favours. currently we need to make 2 mouse click in order to buy 200GPL with 1 favour. imagine what if someone need to buy with 1000 favours.. that would be like 1000 favour x 2 clicks = 2000 freaking clicks :eek:... .. hope DEVTEAM is reading this.. :cool:

Thanks

It is my understanding that if you hold down the Control key, you can click on 'buy' without confirmation windows. So, 1000 freaking clicks. Yeah, a slider would still be nice.
    "B'rel is klingon for 'TRIBBLE'." -cmdrskyfaller
  • Options
    meiyo24meiyo24 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do agree with a lot of these ideas but i still have a problem with the length of this event and the limitation of acquiring the Risian Corvette. Summer officially ends in September, so why is the Risa event ending in August? As for the corvette, why can't the devs do like they did with the winter event and have it obtainable during the entire event? Some of us don't always spend time grinding EC for master keys to get lobi crystals. I'm not saying we can't get lobi crystals but in my home state of Pennsylvania we are currently under thunderstorm season, and they can damage or permanently destroy computers. Better to be safe than sorry. But anyway I am enjoying the event and I hope we all enjoy it, thank you
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First I would like to ask Branflakes to sticky this thread as the official Risa Event Feedback thread.

Second I would like to say that I like many of the suggestions made in this thread.
    Especially the easy implemented ones like the water balloon gun or swimwear. Come on it's already in the game on NPCs. Also I would like to go in to all the limitations that are put in to the character creator, but that is a topic for an other thread.

Make sure both Trill males, females and aliens with the "host" spots have them running down the whole body (make it an option in the alien one to only have them on the head as it is limited to now).

Don't discriminate women that want to have the capri pants in stead of the shorts. Don't discriminate males by not letting them have the shorts instead of the capri pants.

Don't remove the option for Orion men to be shirtless.

Adding to the list of things they could do, if they wanted is to make an under water map. Diving gear (mouth breading thingies used in Trek and so on) and make a pearl diving mission (how to make underwater maps and animations of the body skeletons already exists in Champions Online). Of course this will require some form of swimwear, but please make different prudish settings. Everything from speedos/bikini to Bermuda shorts/swimsuit to full body diving suits (there have been many different models/designs seen in Trek that you could do).

A race with the jet-packs like the race in the winter event would be great with different levels depending on what kind of equipment you're using.

Modifying the dance contest a bit so not the same move will be repeated over and over and over again. Make it so the same dance moves will not be called twice in a row. I'm not sure if doing the wrong emote and then the right one before the next one is called is resetting the counter, but it should.

Removing the emotes from the local channel and putting them in their own channel should be your next priority as the dance emote spams are massive and not possible to shut off like other channels.

Searching a jungle (bigger then this island, best on it's own map) for ruins was something I was missing.

Rock climbing, that is something I've missed since for ever (look to the game Saboteur on a great way to do it). With or without tools of course.

I did think that we would be able to buy anti-gravity boots like the ones Spock used to get Kirk with. Buy-able with favours or something.

Where is the bar? OK we can buy Risan food from a vendor, but really, those should have been in a bar/restaurant somewhere on the island. Maybe with some other music in the background then at the dance floor and tables and stuff. Maybe as some sort of mini game where we try to get the waiter/waitress to bring us what we ordered or trying to figure out which dish image goes with which dish name. Just something fun and nothing too tedious that we can do if we don't want to buy the food items with favours.

MAIL CONSOLE - For the love of everything anyone holds holy, why are there two exchange consoles and two bank consoles but no mail ones?

Make it possible to hold our own bonfires at night as a social thing without all those NCPs ruining the party. Maybe have a DOff mission connected to that. Something that will turn some food items to special roasted or BBQ:ed items. Like BBQ:ed Tribbles for Klingons. ;)

Why not make a dance off challenge PvP thing, that is more difficult (not longer) then the regular dance contest.

Other then that I think it is a great map that I hope will be available later, after the event is over. Of course with some rewards changed/removed like pearls. And please add the Winter Event map to Andoria for FEDs and Rura Penthe for KDF.

I guess that is all for now.
  • Options
    goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love this event. Pretty much everything about it. My only suggestions are...

1) More things to do - bring it back next year with at least one other thing to do. The water balloon thing sounds fun if there is something to shoot at - robo monkeys maybe :) Floater races with challenging courses so fastest floater doesn't always win would also be good. Maybe an instanced door inside one of the caves to have a little "journey to the center of the earth" kind of adventure.

2) I love that there is always something going on to get favors with. I can't get on often or for long but I always know something is starting up every 15 minutes. That was a big problem I had with the winter event. Nothing was ever going on when I happen to be there.

3) I like the dance event. It's an easy way to get the favors for the low cost floater. I like that no matter how long I have to dance I'll get some favors because of the tiered awards. But the awards should be slightly higher, maybe total 35 or 40 instead of 25.

4) Leave Flying High as it is but let it go for the whole event. Yes let me keep doing it after I get the ship and award favors instead.

5) Change the beachcomber to have a different top from the explorer. A bikini top for females and tank for guys. Add a swimsuit pack with a nice 1-piece and bikini bottom for women and swim shorts and shirtless for guys. The beachcomber should come with sandals while the swimsuit is where the shoeless option would go. If nothing else make the beachcomber a different top so I don't feel like I'm getting overcharged.
  • Options
    klaatuwolfklaatuwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My one suggestion involves the floaters (no, not another plea to keep them around after event. There's enough of those already.) But let players sell the floaters back to the vendors for 50-75% of the favor cost. I bought low level floaters for my toons so I wouldn't have to shell out several thousand EC every day on rentals to do the flying high and horghun hunts in order to get the superior floaters. Or at the very least, give us some trade-in value on buying a higher tier floater.
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What can I do with left over perls. Use them next year or will there be a possibility to cash them in.
This discussion has been closed.