test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some suggestions for improving the Risa Summer Event

warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
1. Add the option to trade the birds we raise for Lohlunat Favors so there would be at least some way of getting more favors without grinding.

2. Let us hide the "Emote" channel from the chat window. Currently, it's impossible to walk by the dance floor without all meaningful communication being instantly buried under hundreds of lines of spam.
BTW, while you're at it, let us hide the "Minigame" channel that spams Dabo players with everyone's bets, too.

3. Enable the floaters on all non-combat maps, to justify the 8-9 hours of grinding it currently takes to buy the best ones. Or alternatively, make them cheap enough we won't feel bad throwing them away after the event.

4. Reduce the number of repeats required for the dance contest, then maybe it won't be so boring.

5. Add a mail console to go with the bank & exchange.
Post edited by warpangel on

Comments

• Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    3. Enable the floaters on all non-combat maps, to justify the 8-9 hours of grinding it currently takes to buy the best ones. Or alternatively, make them cheap enough we won't feel bad throwing them away after the event.

Are you nuts?

I still have every single frost boots and snowball gun I got during Q's event, because it comes back next year.

Everything I get now, I won't have to get next year.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me its:

1) Unique Zone music, like the Winter Event. Only thing close to this is the carribean music at the dance floor. Would love to have somekind of music for the flying contest or the Horga'hn search.

2) Horga'hn location variation. (They are 90% always in the same spot).

3) Birds be points that can be pointed out by tricorders. And make a game out of them, like "finding the birds".

4) More ultilitization of the remote island spots other than just "sight seeing".

For next year I would like to see:

1) High Flying contests

2) Water Events, like Jet Skiing or Swimming. (I hear this might be a challenge with coding, but hey if First-Generation MMOs like Everquest had swimming, why not STO?)

3) Open more of the Hotel, make activites inside. Maybe some "bad weather" mishap that makes you do indoor events?

4) "Sunbathing"? Laying down on the chairs for the "day", you get a nice suntan. Maybe adding comical elements like you being "red as a lobster" for laying out in the sun too long, or "burnt" where you can't walk and need to see your ship's doctor. :P
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More dancing emotes, some Salsa, and Merengue going, and some disco for the pale players.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you nuts?

I still have every single frost boots and snowball gun I got during Q's event, because it comes back next year.

Everything I get now, I won't have to get next year.
    Me too. But you're missing the point. The expensive floaters are not worth the cost because they become useless after the event. After the event, players are going to ditch their floaters or stash them somewhere out of the way (mine are going to some off-duty boff's back pocket). Why would anyone waste all day grinding to get something that is only useful when grinding more? And not really all that useful either, since you can finish the statue hunt in 5 minutes even with the cheap 50-favor floater. A faster one won't make enough difference to earn back those 1000 favors it cost.

The snowball guns were genuinely necessary for the event. Manually picking up snowballs and throwing them one at a time was a huge hassle and cost valuable time in the fight, reducing your rewards. Frosted boots can still be used, everywhere, as long as you aren't in red alert. And neither of them were anywhere near as expensive as the superior floaters.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only real change that is needed to this event is appropriate summer wear. Relaxing by the beach without a swimsuit is completely unacceptable.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The only real change that is needed to this event is appropriate summer wear. Relaxing by the beach without a swimsuit is completely unacceptable.

Agreed. And it's frankly an insult to see the NPCs wearing them and the PCs being kept from having them.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Agreed. And it's frankly an insult to see the NPCs wearing them and the PCs being kept from having them.

Because CBS doesn't want us running STF's in Board shorts and Bikinis.

When Cryptic can lock specific player selected clothing to a map, we;ll get bathing suit options.

Until then, no go.
  • Options
    mrmtomchomrmtomcho Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They definitely need to add more events. It gets really monotonous really fast, even when dancing across from the ladies every dance party :cool:
  • Options
    blackomirblackomir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Imagine having your own luxury apartment, looking out over Risian vistas from your balcony or from the hot tub on your balcony.

I remember visiting a cool apartment in Champions and how that could fit into Risa. The apartment was instanced, though you could leap off the balcony and enter the main city instance.

It could be a ship level investment in the store (account bound). Maybe a few price points eg.
    Studio Apartment, Suite, Paradise Suite.

There could be dilithium/resource driven unlocks for the apartment, like starbases but scaled for the individual account. eg. Mail, bank, exchange, special projects (eye candy).

You could even have event driven upgrades, like the Corvette but for the apartment.

A place to recharge or have a party - with a few apartment (i.e. ship) invites.
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with most of the suggestions, especially something to do with birds other than collect (can we have a flock flying around us at the Academy?), and the bank, and the poses - would like to be able to sit (that's actually probably harder than it sounds in terms of programming it) either in beach chairs, in the water, on the edge of the pier...

I'm hoping the jetpacks will *eventually* be usable elsewhere, I know that vetting maps to make sure it's "safe" is a chore and will take a while. Most of the maps aren't designed for that. It would be awesome, however.

I expect / hope little things, details, NPCs will be added as time goes by. The place does seem a little empty. Even more little "historical interest" markers / NPCs would be cool.
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would have liked a 'big' reward at the end to be a choice of something, instead of the Risian ship. I don't need another ship. Maybe a huge box of marks, or a whole bunch of dilithium, (and include the ship for people that want it). Could have been easy enough to do, just make the event rep project a choice of those sort of things.

I know it's possible, the CE event wasn't that long ago.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bi.

Ki.

Nis.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2. Let us hide the "Emote" channel from the chat window. Currently, it's impossible to walk by the dance floor without all meaningful communication being instantly buried under hundreds of lines of spam.
    BTW, while you're at it, let us hide the "Minigame" channel that spams Dabo players with everyone's bets, too.
    I've found a work-around, outlined here. Should work for "MessageType Minigame", too, since I have that in my file's chat filter settings :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That map needs a random monster spawn from that water and make people fight it.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That map needs a random monster spawn from that water and make people fight it.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have one big request for Risa:

A floater based PvP race!
  • Options
    leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i agree
    1. background music
    2. water-sport races like sailing
    3. can we have scuba next year? I bet no other game has it.
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was hoping for jet ski races and sandmen bosses with water hoses as our weapons.

;)
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    meekotruhartmeekotruhart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Add the option to trade the birds we raise for Lohlunat Favors so there would be at least some way of getting more favors without grinding.

4. Reduce the number of repeats required for the dance contest, then maybe it won't be so boring.

5. Add a mail console to go with the bank & exchange.

I whole heartedly agree! and ...

6. Make it so when two players target each other, that the dance moves would then sync better so the person switching to the new dance second would be dancing in step with their dance partner... its just to hard for two players, on two separate machines, perhaps even in two different countries, to possibly begin the same dance at the same moment.
  • Options
    coytcoyt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I have one big request for Risa:

A floater based PvP race!

Hear Hear! :D

For a "summer fun" world, I am so glad that the DEVs did such a good job!

* The ability to just carry around a drink in hand without actually drinking it, like the NPCs.
    * More music variety - grinding the dance floor almost made me install WinAMP...
    * Sync Dancing when target selected
    * Watersports - not that kind - :eek: - Sailboard, Scuba, etc. DDO has swimming.
    * Sits that match with the furniture. I was able to use basic SIT to sit on top of a hut to watch fireworks. I think the sleep emote works with the flat lounge chairs.
    * Waves and tides - RISA has two moons

Since the Orion Girls are the only characters who can REALLY be in "Risa Appropriate" attire, it would be great if they could ditch the loincloth while on Risa. So at least SOME playable character can have "swimwear".
  • Options
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I Got the Beachcommer for my Gorn cause I wanted calves.... but now im angry you mad eit so i have to.. wear a "chokes" shirt! Such disrespect for us Gorn! We CAN be ahirtless so can you do that for us please? Thanks!
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Floater obstacle course. If you hit an obstacle your floater deactivates, and you parachute to the ground.

Scuba diving. (Scuba gear!)

Surfing / surfboards.

And, why is there no mail console on Risa?
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stuff I would like to see added:

1. Fishing, it could be a minigame of some sort, or just the typical fishing gathering craft that gives us random junk and fish (maybe the fish could be traded in for lolwut pearls); also I want to be the one fishing, not my Doffs...

2. Beach volley ball game! :D

3. Put the alien DJ from ESD on/near the dance floor when the dance competition is active (but leave the DJ equipment because it would be weird seeing it spawn everytime), and have the dj come up like the NPCs do.

4. Let us trade in birds for lolwut favours.

5. Let us buy lolwut favours and pearls for GPL (10k for 5 favours or 1 pearl seems fair).

6. Make it so the disco balls cant be activated on the dance floor or at least no lower than the arch.

7. Allow the use of the nerve tonic on Risa because of the dance effect it has.
  • Options
    igloodudeigloodude Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    coyt wrote: »
    Since the Orion Girls are the only characters who can REALLY be in "Risa Appropriate" attire, it would be great if they could ditch the loincloth while on Risa. So at least SOME playable character can have "swimwear".

It costs 600 lolnuts, but the flower leis accomplish this. :D
    "B'rel is klingon for 'TRIBBLE'." -cmdrskyfaller
  • Options
    stargazer918stargazer918 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cant we have water sports that give you dil or other stuff!

Casual shirts as I don`t wanna run around exploring or partying in my armour and kit rocking my battle rifle?

Otherwise, very well though of and brilliant!
    Commander James
    26th Fleet
    Task Force Avalon - CO USS Intrepid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]