test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Instalation 18 Rendering Federation episodes Storyline UNDOABLE

taketiantaketian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Federation Discussion
Instalation 18 of the Wasteland chain quest at the "out of sight" in the "help test Subjects" 3/4 is rendered unacumplishable for the NPC "Rinna Khev" wont beam as the other 3 . i made a bug report and thus request plz skip the "out of sight" from the instalation 18 or solve this in a way that i can go back to the chain quest and keep on playin . i dont care for the good reward , just solve so i can go back and play.

This has been sent severals time on tickets . This is a Serious trouble for anyone that likes the storyline . Even after the patch it wasnt solved.
Post edited by taketian on

Comments

• timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you tried dropping the mission and replaying it?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That particular glitch affects both Federation and Klingons. There is a workaround, however.

If you team up with a Romulan (one allied to your faction) and that Romulan takes the bridge officer Tovan Khev along, it will complete. (you may have to get the Romulan to initiate conversation with Rinna Khev)

The problem is that she's waiting for Tovan to speak. And since he is Romulan only, it breaks for Federation and Klingons.

Really an unfortunate bug, and I do hope it will be fixed soon, given the sheer amount of threads on the subject on these forums.
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had to 'Skip' the mission. Any in-game ticket I file disappears as though it were never filed. Don't let a broken mission spoil the game for you, go on to another one that does work and you will be fine.

EDIT: While hanging outside the mission start location I kept getting free Dil rewards for others completing the prior mission. Some compensation for the mission not working.

EDIT EDIT: Yep, get 60 dil reward every time some other team finishes the prior mission, free dil if you hang out and do nothing. I may stand here and do nothing all day and earn 6000 free dil.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Don't know now where the free dil reward is coming from. Seems inconsistent, but it is a bug im sure, as I do nothing and every so often I have a dialogue box with an ok button informing me of 60 dil reward. It was ok for being mostly AFK while I waited for my epohh timer to expire, 600 free dil for just hanging out for an hour. Not really profitable for the time spent doing nothing, could have earned couple thousand dil doing missions in that time, but hey, free dil is free dil - right?
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a bug from a bug fix. She's a plot point in the Romulan storyline, and when you release her with a certain NPC in your team, it triggers a whole bunch of dialogue. Previously, she'd beam out before you got through the dialogue. It looks like they didn't hook the conditionals up properly, though, to recognize that Fed and KDF won't have the NPC trigger and don't need to wait.

ETA: I honestly think they should've forked the mission for the RRF, and have her "unnamed" in the Fed/KDF versions. Couple other tweaks might've been good, too.
  • insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    revlot wrote: »
    I had to 'Skip' the mission. Any in-game ticket I file disappears as though it were never filed. Don't let a broken mission spoil the game for you, go on to another one that does work and you will be fine.

EDIT: While hanging outside the mission start location I kept getting free Dil rewards for others completing the prior mission. Some compensation for the mission not working.

EDIT EDIT: Yep, get 60 dil reward every time some other team finishes the prior mission, free dil if you hang out and do nothing. I may stand here and do nothing all day and earn 6000 free dil.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Don't know now where the free dil reward is coming from. Seems inconsistent, but it is a bug im sure, as I do nothing and every so often I have a dialogue box with an ok button informing me of 60 dil reward. It was ok for being mostly AFK while I waited for my epohh timer to expire, 600 free dil for just hanging out for an hour. Not really profitable for the time spent doing nothing, could have earned couple thousand dil doing missions in that time, but hey, free dil is free dil - right?

The dil may be coming from people killing the semi-unique enemies in the area, like the Nausicaan group outside Paradise Lost.
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    revlot wrote: »

There is a spawn event that occurs around the tower - a wave of Tal Shiar on the tower and around it, followed by a solo boss on the ground Gorn-ward* - that rewards 60dil, and I know I've been standing about when it spawned and my boffs went berserk after the things, netting me a reward for basically being afk.

* I'm not ingame, and have no head for the compass directions of the ground maps.
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kasandaro wrote: »
    ...netting me a reward for basically being afk.

Somebody should start a thread listing all the places to be AFK and recieve a reward for just standing there. I'm sure some are more profitable than this one.