test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this beam damage good for a Cruiser?

edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Hey all, I'm in an Engineering Captain piloting a cruiser. I have 8 beam arrays on my cruiser, and using my abilities that I have set up I can use fire at will with my weapon power not dropping below 115 power as they blast away. Not only that, but I almost always have 125 power in all systems during combat.

When striking enemies with the beams each "tick" of damage after their shields have dropped on their hull is around 1500-1600 damage. Is that good? I can put my build up on this if needed.

Comments

• emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is very good damage for beams on bare hull. Which cruiser do you fly?

I recommend on ce you get to tholian reputation tier 4, that you use the ability that boosts weapon sklills based on Aux level. And get an overcharged warp core that adds 7.5% weasponn power to Aux power and boost your aux power as much as possible. Moar damage = good. Also recommend two copies of EPTW because of the 30 second bonus to damage.
  • edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Currently flying the Tal Shiar Adapted Cruiser.

Edit: Was just trying to confirm. So far I've never gotten below third place during the Crystal Entity event in my cruiser, and my survive-ability seems pretty solid as well. Assuming the ranks are based on damage like most things.