Options

Please give us an update on DS9

darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The scale of DS9 is not correct. It's to big. Look on this picture:

9kdj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The pylon is bigger then my ship. Look on this image from one of the episodes:

USS_Venture_and_Excelsiors.jpg

Also give us the ability to dock at DS9 at the pylons or at the docking ring.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by darthpetersen on

Comments

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it is too big, but the Odyssey would dwarf the station at the right proportion. With as many players who just sit at the spawn point and ship graphics not overlapping, parking at a pylon would be ... difficult I imagine.

Kudos for immersion though!
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, the spawn point between the pylons maybe is a problem. So set different spawn points next to the station, like at the ESD.

Also the interrior is worse. Where is the sickbay, where is the security office? And open the Quarks to the lower and to the upper deck, like in the series.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    I'd love to actually start off with your ship docked at a pylon or docking port and you have to clear moorings and use thrusters to maneuver away before going to warp. Extend that to starting off inside ESD and exiting through the doors.

However I'm sure a lot of people would not care for that as a matter of convenience over immersion.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They've said before that DS9's in game scale is a compromise. The scale on the show wasn't ever nailed down consistently, they scaled it up or down all the time, just so the pylons would fit the ship of the week. Remember, in shots like that one above, the station model and the Galaxy class model were never actually shot together. The Galaxy was shot separately and then scaled and composited onto footage of the station model. In reality, the Galaxy class model seen there is almost the same size as the station model, that Galaxy is the 4 foot model, and the station is only 5 feet across.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It still doesn't excuse the terrible scaling on the interior as well as everywhere else in the rest of the game. While i can understand that they never did a proper job with scaling in the show, i'm sure they could do a way better job when it came to other things, even if it meant my Type II shuttle was scaled correctly and i was stuck in the pilot seat when visiting the bridge.

I WANT THAT!

I wouldn't play a trek game unless i wanted the trek experience, something STO isn't really doing very well at the moment with all the pew pew and lack of anything else. To be honest, the visual aspects of this game are some of the worst given that they can't make remans or jem'hadar look like they do on screen, or how they refuse to make the skins full body instead of how they end at the neck. This game seriously needs to take a break from adding anything else until everything gets a visual pass to correct issues that have been in game since beta. It kind of reflects badly on the company letting it be that bad for so long.