test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Player

deville72206deville72206 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
When I login to my account and use option create content it has my stuff from 2011. When I load launcher and change to Public Test it is a different setup all together?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    The test shard regularly undergoes database wipes, unlike Holodeck, so I wouldn't expect anything from 2011 to be on the test shard anymore.
    STO QA Team
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The test shard regularly undergoes database wipes, unlike Holodeck, so I wouldn't expect anything from 2011 to be on the test shard anymore.

The next time you do this it would be nice if we had more lead time that a couple hours in case we have things like costumes and builds that need to be saved or looked at one more time to be memorized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a general rule, nothing is guaranteed to stay on Tribble, Foundry or otherwise. As a test server it can be wiped at any time.
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a general rule, nothing is guaranteed to stay on Tribble, Foundry or otherwise. As a test server it can be wiped at any time.

I know that but when new stuff like the Romulan faction has been introduced people who have spend a lot of time testing the character creator may like to have something more to show for their efforts than wishing they could remember how they made their toon look how they did.

Decisions to wipe the data base don't just come up at the last second and in truth it would be nice if we had enough warning to do these last second checks. I know it seems petty but a simple heads up is easy enough to provide that there is really no reason I can think of that we shouldn't have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.