test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how to make one contact a enemy

snorp103snorp103 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
When you put down a contact it is a neutral how do I make it in to a enemy?
Post edited by snorp103 on

Comments

• Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can't do so directly, but assuming you mean to have the player do a Dialog With Contact and then fight the contact as an enemy, there is a trick you can do to get around this limitation:

1) In addition to your contact, create an enemy mob, reskin one of its members in the contact's costume, and set the mob to become visible upon Objective Complete > Dialog With Contact. (If you intend this to be a boss fight, use one of the Captain mobs and reskin the captain.)

2) Move the mob's individual "actors" so that the reskinned enemy is in the same location and rotation as the contact, and everyone else is hidden or otherwise out of the way (unless, of course, you want the player to fight them too).

3) Set your contact to become invisible upon Objective Complete > Dialog With Contact, so s/he will disappear at the same time that the reskinned enemy appears in his/her place. The transition may or may not be seamless but at least it is doable.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And in step 2, make sure to have some kind of invisible wall or solid barrier around the guy, to prevent the enemy NPC from shooting you.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And in step 2, make sure to have some kind of invisible wall or solid barrier around the guy, to prevent the enemy NPC from shooting you.
    That shouldn't be necessary if the enemy mob is set to spawn after the Dialog With Contact (see step 1)... but given how flaky the Foundry can be that is a sensible precaution. Just be sure to drop the invisi-wall (i.e. make it invisible) upon either Dialog With Contact objective completion, or Kill Enemies objective in progress.