4ever Load Times

2»

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I am happy, but I would like to point BF's and Frost's attention to this:

We got this fix like 2-3 working days after Overmeyer of the core team learned about it during an interview. Whatever you and Frost are doing to communicate with a "team" is not getting to the top of that team.

I'm going to start posting my bug reports on STO's Foundry on the NW forums. Please improve your chain of communication. From our perspective, this went unfixed for a long, long time until the head of Core Foundry was made aware of it. Then it was fixed in less than 5 days over a holiday weekend.

So, thank you very much for the fix. Improve your chain of communication, please.

With all due respect, this is a case of correlation not being equal to causation.

It was one of STO's programmers who fixed this issue, not one of the core team programmers.

It was not fixed in five days over a holiday weekend. The fix was actually completed about the middle of last week but still required testing and had to be incremented into a scheduled build, hence it only now being announced.

The fix took a good bit of time because, as I've said before, programming issues take time to get fixed.

Those are the facts as I know them.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With all due respect, this is a case of correlation not being equal to causation.

It was one of STO's programmers who fixed this issue, not one of the core team programmers.

It was not fixed in five days over a holiday weekend. The fix was actually completed about the middle of last week but still required testing and had to be incremented into a scheduled build, hence it only now being announced.

The fix took a good bit of time because, as I've said before, programming issues take time to get fixed.

Those are the facts as I know them.

OK, thank you. My perception is incorrect. Thank you to to STO dev who helped to fix this.

Sorry if a jaded perspective led to certain assumptions about what was going on. It was just very surprising to many of us that the head of Core Foundry (unless that really means NW Foundry) was unaware of the problem. And, then, a couple days later, it was finally fixed.

Thank you again for all that you guys do. Please keep at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.