test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ferengi D'Kora and its EMP.

craigthemastercraigthemaster Member Posts: 74 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
I use the D'Kora on an Eng toon have done since getting the thing when lock box's first came out. Was maybe one of the first to get the ship as I got it the first day opening the first ten box's. (LUCKY.COM)

I use an AUX to bat build as an Eng this is a great build for being a solid tank and a healer as the "DOFFS" cool down all your bridge officer stations so you can use them in rapid succession upon the use of the AUX to bat skill. People moan when the EMP hits them shutting down power levels and then start shouting I'm a cheat and an exploiter as the build allows the use of the skill once every 30-45 seconds. This is not cheating it?s something that can be done since the ship was put into the game almost 2 years ago...

I have done it since day one of having it. So just to add insult to injury I have stuck a Scramble sensor on her with a DOFF that increases cool down timers, and a boarding party 3 that also shuts down systems and cools everything down. NOW moan as you have no power, No skills and massive cool downs, and you will have that every 30 seconds or so.
Other skills are beam fire at will 2 that is always on and clears the field of shuttle bots and mines and heavy torps. It?s almost perfect. Plenty of heals to spread the love and heal one?s self. Only need one tac team as that?s always on too.

It?s also great to KEY bind all this into the space bar to fire all weapons, activate AUX skill, tac team, beam fire at will and distribute shield power around ship allowing you to concentrate flying and healing allies.

I'm sure people will have there own say on all of this but its my build and just because I have something that annoys you don't call them a cheater for it, because untill PW say other wise its part of the game and if it was broken then I am sure they would fix it... Right?:D
Post edited by craigthemaster on

Comments

• lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wut?
    aux to bat still works with the emp?

I thought they fixed that? cause it doesn't work with any of the other 'unique' consoles anymore like iso or theta. Pretty sure its not supposed to work with EMP.
    So, yea they're kinda right, it may not be 'cheating' but if its still working like that than it is definitely an exploit.
    Cant fault u too much though as the dkora isn't all that useful for combat outside of an a2b build so,
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How droll. While A2B EMP may not be broken in Cryptic's eyes, running it is regarded by many as rather poor form.

Still, as long as you don't mind getting smacked around by TIF, VM, Warp Plasma, Grav Pulse and fully-specced SS yourself, I'm not going to say anything.
  • fearganfeargan Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    wut?
    aux to bat still works with the emp?
    it is definitely an exploit.
    Cant fault u too much though as the dkora isn't all that useful for combat outside of an a2b build so,

It is neither Cheating nor an Exploit... it is...
    wait for it...
    "Working as Intended"

Simple counters:
    1) Don't let a D'Kora turn its aft on you.
    2) Kill the guy in the D'Kora.

[Troll] Also, it is way better than certain "tools" used by a few Ailuropoda... :P [/Troll]

Seriously: Dig the sand out; Rub some dirt on it; Sally forth like you've got a pair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UNFOUND.NET
  • craigthemastercraigthemaster Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    How droll. While A2B EMP may not be broken in Cryptic's eyes, running it is regarded by many as rather poor form.

Still, as long as you don't mind getting smacked around by TIF, VM, Warp Plasma, Grav Pulse and fully-specced SS yourself, I'm not going to say anything.

Well Warp plasma and Theta ain't a pproblem as I have Omega and hazard emitters. I also have a Grav pulse on board to shut down engines and the Full MACO for the heavy gravaton beam that also shuts down engines. It does create alot of tears.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it is not working as intended, when dkora was released this a2b bug existed, it was fixed while after, and at season 7, they broke it again. after season 7 they havent done anything to it, i guess people dont care to report it
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty sure both EMP and Boarding Party are broken atm. I really don't think they intend for Boarding Party to increase the cooldown up to an hour for all of your powers. If you're using Aux2Bat to spam EMP and Boarding Party 3 and Grav Pulse, then I'd say that's about as cheesed*ck as it gets as you are exploiting 2 powers that are currently broken and using another power that is universally considered as OP.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skurf wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure both EMP and Boarding Party are broken atm. I really don't think they intend for Boarding Party to increase the cooldown up to an hour for all of your powers. If you're using Aux2Bat to spam EMP and Boarding Party 3 and Grav Pulse, then I'd say that's about as cheesed*ck as it gets as you are exploiting 2 powers that are currently broken and using another power that is universally considered as OP.

You cannot spam boarding party and get 1 hr cooldowns in legit situations, reasons: 1. tacteam 2. spam 3. placates 4. stuns 5. other aoe TRIBBLE 6. tss doffs 7. it takes 20 minutes of a2b boarding party spam that succeeds every single time, to put anybody on 1 hour cooldown, with 125 aux subnuckleonic beam, which is around total of 25 minute legit boarding party cooldown.

if you wish me to list all of the abilities/strategies/maneuvers that cause boarding party to fail, feel free to do so and get smacked
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well 1 hour is obviously the extreme end. And sure, if you're in a team that can send you tac team then you're fine, but if you're pugging against a couple people using boarding party, your abilities including tac team could easily be on a multi-minute CD and the pugs that don't look at the chat would never know you need a tac team.
  • fearganfeargan Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    when dkora was released this a2b bug existed, it was fixed while after
    Am I the only only one that doesn't recall this "fixing" that was done?
    I don't remember the benefits of a2b+EMP ever going away.
    I could be wrong... *shrug*
    saxfire wrote: »
    i guess people dont care to report it

Doesn't that make it... not that big of a deal? :P

I get hit with much worse than an a2b+EMP cycling almost every match.
    I just don't care at all what everyone else uses anymore. If you find a good build that works for you: Use It. When the CareBears cry about it: Drink Their Tears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UNFOUND.NET
  • craigthemastercraigthemaster Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well if people say it's spam and bad form is'nt using any power bad form then, Sub system targeting with phasers and power syphons.... so on and so on.....I mean. Big jo here uses a wells that has the photnic sci boff and can cool his stuff down alot faster then an Aux to bat build can and with the fleet deflectors you can decrease that by another 10%. Would that no be spam?

All in all we who play the game, play the game. If you or anyone does not like what the other guy is using then don't play. Take your tear fulled cup and go drink in the corner with all your other whining girl friends. Is it also not bad form to complain about someones build. If it's in the game and made by the peole that "OWN" the game then it's legal. Unless I, Myself has a DEV stood in front of me saying. "Craig, can you not use that power or this power please, We messed up and to be honest, we jujst have no idea if were ever going to get round to fixing it"!!!

Might never happen. I also never seen a DEV say that. "This is bad you must not use"
    *In a slowed robot voive*
    To hell with it. Allow me to drink away those drops of refreshing love that falls from your eyes every time I EMP your sorry tiny sorry exscuse of a ship. Thanks for reading now

BYE,BYE.
  • lordkasulordkasu Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to run into that build on the field of battle sometime, see what all the fuss is about.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well if people say it's spam and bad form is'nt using any power bad form then, Sub system targeting with phasers and power syphons.... so on and so on.....I mean. Big jo here uses a wells that has the photnic sci boff and can cool his stuff down alot faster then an Aux to bat build can and with the fleet deflectors you can decrease that by another 10%. Would that no be spam?

All in all we who play the game, play the game. If you or anyone does not like what the other guy is using then don't play. Take your tear fulled cup and go drink in the corner with all your other whining girl friends. Is it also not bad form to complain about someones build. If it's in the game and made by the peole that "OWN" the game then it's legal. Unless I, Myself has a DEV stood in front of me saying. "Craig, can you not use that power or this power please, We messed up and to be honest, we jujst have no idea if were ever going to get round to fixing it"!!!

Might never happen. I also never seen a DEV say that. "This is bad you must not use"
    *In a slowed robot voive*
    To hell with it. Allow me to drink away those drops of refreshing love that falls from your eyes every time I EMP your sorry tiny sorry exscuse of a ship. Thanks for reading now

BYE,BYE.

Honestly, a Photonic Officer build can't hold a candle to an A2B build. I've done some pretty thorough testing of PO, even made a thread about it, and while it's not bad, it just isn't as good as A2B.

And honestly, A2B is broken in regards to EMP. Bugged, broken, not working right, etc. That trumps everything else, and to be fair, does legitimize the 'QQing' aspect of this particular thing unlike other stuff in the game. It isn't working as the devs meant it to be, period. On the other end of the spectrum of course, if you use EMP but NOT A2B, and someone fusses, yes, that is just them fussing.

From what I could tell though, you seem to be a person who does use it, hence the thread necro, and is just raising a fuss because you like doing it to people. But, eh, I expect by the time I see this thread again, this will probably be locked. *shrug*

lordkasu wrote: »
    I would like to run into that build on the field of battle sometime, see what all the fuss is about.

You don't see it as much since this thread was made. It's still out there, but since it's limited to ONLY the D'kora, and someone has to focus a build around it, it's obvious when they do it. Plus, the D'kora has been out power-creeped by newer ships, both in C-store and lockbox ships (like the Avenger and Monbosh for example), so it isn't seen as much.

It's still pretty much a PvP-only thing, and even then, only if someone chooses to use the D'kora and do this with it. I'm not denying how frustrating it is, but it isn't as common now as it was in the past.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Indeed, I can't remember the last time I came across an EMP exploiter. But the fact that this has still not been fixed is just crazy. Monbosh had a cloak for a week before being patched. D'Kora has had this for a year and a half.
    EnYn9p9.jpg