test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #24

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the first Dilithium Mine Featured Project in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *sigh* I knew it was coming but I still can't help but feel saddened by it.

I get the feeling this is the only featured project we'll run, because who doesn't like nice views? Whatever other junk you have (I'm looking at you tribbles and exocomps) we'll pass on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • redlead3rredlead3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Errrm ... If we need to grind projects before we can go to the interior of the mine, what is the point of having this limited time project at the very beginning?

We will not see the "standard" mine interior before we see the "upgraded" version.

Formerly redleader - Real join date is July 2008
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And what exactly is it that you do on that 2nd floor? Cause I didn't find a thing there while on Tribble.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope.

/10char.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK, so we are getting a new fleet holding. It isn't even released yet... will be released presumably with tomorrows patch... and we're already getting a feature project for it? :confused:

I'm still waiting for all the bug fixes that were posted on 6/11 to hit holo, not to mention the other bugs since LoR released.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is like day one DLC.

Featured projects need to be reduced to stuff like the tribbles, things not everyone wants or should expect, but is personally activated after the project.
  • deklak1deklak1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wauw again a project of 200,000 dilithium very good job cryptic -(sarcastic)
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And it will cost 200k Dilithium.

Pumping dilithium into a dilithium mine to mine dilithium.

Where's Xzybit?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    OK, so we are getting a new fleet holding. It isn't even released yet... will be released presumably with tomorrows patch... and we're already getting a feature project for it? :confused:

I'm still waiting for all the bug fixes that were posted on 6/11 to hit holo, not to mention the other bugs since LoR released.

OK, with the new relase notes, at least that answers my question.
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the first Dilithium Mine Featured Project in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

1/ Is it confirmed that this is 200K dil requirement... Every time these come out it gets peoples backs up with the price of 200K, those that do them grind away.

2/ Can it be confirmed there will only be about half a dozen of them as with the embassy (yes I know its 7). At least how many there are definitively.

3/ I also think it's in poor taste to get us to be running these just as were starting the mines and can't even see them for a few weeks. I think leaving a months grace would have been a better idea. Can this be delayed?

4/ Will these benefit from the dil discount provided by the mine to other holding projects?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    4/ Will these benefit from the dil discount provided by the mine to other holding projects?
    Yes. This seems to apply to all projects, including all special projects (meaning, both limited time ones as well as the ones used for acquiring Fleet Credits).
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • phoenixblue00phoenixblue00 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    And it will cost 200k Dilithium.

Pumping dilithium into a dilithium mine to mine dilithium.

Where's Xzybit?

Yo, dawg, I heard you like dilithium ... :D
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just saw this on the Tribble Forum.....

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4418/w0de.jpg

Start saving now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Yes. This seems to apply to all projects, including all special projects (meaning, both limited time ones as well as the ones used for acquiring Fleet Credits).

there is no "discount"..... you have spent what ever you are "saving" to get the discount and probably 3 fold. Its like buying a $2000 TV and then getting a $10 coupon for your next purchuse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So we can't even beam down to our mines yet, because we have to reach tier 1, which is probably going to take us smaller fleets a month or so, but by God let's get some windows open down there on the first day...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time to grind in a dilithuim mine.. man what a waste of time..
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's only logical to offer a limited time item when nobody can even enjoy it right away. Cryptic logic that is.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Start saving now!

Does it even need to be pointed out how stupid these prices are?

Does someone actually think this is fair?
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Start saving now!

I really hope that's some kind of joke ...
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would the person who decided that a Vanity project for an inaccessible mine interior was a good idea please step forward?

I have a large fish to smack you with.

Honestly.

If Tier 1 completion is required to even enter the mine, why are we getting a project that "Raises the shutter and opens the second floor."?

We won't be able to access it for at least a week or so.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redlead3r wrote: »
    Errrm ... If we need to grind projects before we can go to the interior of the mine, what is the point of having this limited time project at the very beginning?

We will not see the "standard" mine interior before we see the "upgraded" version.

^ THIS

+ by now we know there will be reruns
    200000 dil -15% = 170000 dil
    i'd say in this case it is really worth waiting for the rerun and for the dil mine to finish
    but i'm sure my fleet will just hammer through everything anyway. *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would hope that people who have even attempted to build a starbase, know just how much of a waste these projects are.

They offer nothing other than a pointless dilithium sink.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please stop trying to whitewash the fact that your just adding more grinding. The grinding in this game is now way beyond excessive & you want to add more? This would be great if you just gave the mine to us for free but you want us to grind for it instead. Madness, grinding is not fun & I do not understand why you keep adding more? I walked away once from this game because of all the excessive grinding & it looks like it's time to walk away again.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    borthanius wrote: »
    Please stop trying to whitewash the fact that your just adding more grinding. The grinding in this game is now way beyond excessive & you want to add more? This would be great if you just gave the mine to us for free but you want us to grind for it instead. Madness, grinding is not fun & I do not understand why you keep adding more?

Indeed, you don't understand. It's not about grinding, it's about you spending RL money. They count on ppl like you who, at some point, just say "Enough with the grinding alright! I'm just going to buy Zen and convert it to dilithium!" Except you haven't made the last step yet, so you're just lingering in frustration still. But one day you will. And they know it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there is no "discount"..... you have spent what ever you are "saving" to get the discount and probably 3 fold. Its like buying a $2000 TV and then getting a $10 coupon for your next purchuse

this is the wonderful spirit of "wealth distribution", let the wallet warriors buy the upgrades while the free to play/500 z stip ptp players spend their dil on z unlocks, beams/cannons/hangers/hg,maco/omega/rom/tho/ground/space/3 piece self replicating server generated collector sets where they are spending THEIR dil on lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • masterpunishmasterpunish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but um... this doesnt look like a Romulan Starbase...

Romulan Starbases were mentioned way before anything about mining.

I dunno i could be wrong.

Jolan Tru

Praetor
    Romulan Intelligence
    on a non-Romulan starbase
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    I've updated the blog. The new end date for this featured project is when server maintenance begins on Thursday, July 11th (or 7AM PDT -- whichever is earlier).

EDIT: Was originally one week earlier, so this extends it by a week :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That depends on where your fleet's priorities in investing Dilithium lay. If whoever is responsible for assigning fleet projects selects this project now, you will have it until it's completed or canceled (as well as the one the project after that). I know for my own Dilithium, I don't invest it into the Limited Time projects unless there are no other projects that will take it, so it could be some time before I get around to making a deposit toward a cosmetic upgrade for the mine. Progression projects take priority over cosmetic projects. YMMV
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The project can be slotted and left alone. You guys can focus on building and eventually come back to it later when there is some spare dilithium.
    Server not responding (1701 s)