test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Launcher will not start

arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
I just got kicked off & the game launcher will not start up. This is a great game when it works & as of late it seem to be 1 disaster after another. With server crashes,& more bugs than is possable to count. Customer service is nonexistant in any issue. I & I am very sure that many, many others, are not happy with the level of service, or the lack there of, that this company provides. :mad:
[img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a3001 wrote: »

I don't believe you work for Cryptic or PWE so I was not requesting any input from you there is always some smart a** MF having to chime in with their 2 cents on something they need to keep to themselves. YOUR COMMENT IS NULL & VOID!
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • lonnie5000lonnie5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep mine won't launch either. It says trying to update launcher and tries to connect like 5 times and then errors out. I just get home from work and all I want to do is play, but nooooooooooo! Why would I expect something I paid money for to work? This is getting old. I probably won't be renewing my subscription. Not unless this game gets all the major kinks worked out. :mad:
  • hisrothhisroth Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Other thread got closed because server is up, but there are still a ton of us who dropped for no reason and launcher crashes or won't connect everytime now. Must be all of our individual faults somehow.
  • dammitjim78dammitjim78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree 100% Lonnie. WTH did I just drop 35 bucks on this game. Weekly maintence? Great. A fix or 4 after the X-pac launch? Reasonable. Update launcher broken for hours on a Friday night, weeks after X-pac launch? Nope.
    I'm just glad I didn't "like" this game on facebook....all my friends would know what a pos I play.
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah this was happening to me be4 the last patch, but after the patch it works fine now.
    I guess for some people, sometimes a patch causes more problems then it solves.
    And im guessing this is the new problem it caused.:confused:

I am sorry for the issue your having with your launcher, I no it feels:)

"This is Admiral BumBleBush...Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus...I order you to lower your shields and weapons, or ill be forced to fire upon you"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny how my thread got closed but I still can't get past the Patch Server connection error. I have flushed the DNS cache, downloaded a different launcher. Rebooted the PC and still get nothing.

It may very well be a networking error for a specific region of the US or something more technical, but to simply edit my thread with (No, it's up) does not address the issue that some people are not able to even connect for some reason. At least a simple acknowledgement of this issue would have set better with me than an edit of the subject line of my posting.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited June 2013
    I wish it was from a patch, could trace it at least then. Happened in the middle of a PVE mission for no reason for me.
  • dammitjim78dammitjim78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, I can't say what caused mine to do this. I had logged out after playing for an hour or so earlier (Watching "Enterprise" and eating dinner)....and have been trying to get the update launcher going for the past hour and a half-2 hours. Tries to connect 5 times, then quits.
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, I can't say what caused mine to do this. I had logged out after playing for an hour or so earlier (Watching "Enterprise" and eating dinner)....and have been trying to get the update launcher going for the past hour and a half-2 hours. Tries to connect 5 times, then quits.

Mine does this on occasion but a modem reset usually fixes it. Tonight, I go to three times everytime, then the launcher loads and says "loading" then I get an IE screen popup with a failure to load web page error, then launcher crashes. Good stuff.
    edited June 2013
    Found another post with the same problem as mine not long ago. So there's definitely something going on.

royalsovereign
    Lieutenant
    # 3
    Today, 10:00 PM

Getting this same error. The launcher 'updated' itself, and now when I run it, I get a white screen that ordinarily just sits there for a few seconds, but now it hangs for 15-20 seconds. Then it tries to open up Internet Explorer. Which is weird because I don't ever use IE - it is not my default browser. Then a few seconds after that, the Cryptic crash handler pops up.
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got a Fatal Error yesterday, just by beaming down to New Romulus. This has happened before. I am getting Critical Errors very often now. I used to welcome these Critical Errors because it used to fix a lot of bugs that could not be fixed by Support. Well, now I can't log on to the game because the Launcher does not show on the screen. Without it, I can't put my account name and password, so there is no way I can even have a chance to play until this is fixed. And I don't know how long this will take. I wasn't booted out, just got an error....not my error.

Well, I have decided to fix it myself and I think I have a solution, if you don't mind waiting some time to repeat previous patches.
    edited June 2013
    So I click on the STO icon and a little box pops up in the upper left hand corner of the screen. It says: "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 times, 2 times, 3 times, 4 times, 5 times.". Then an error box: "Connection problem. Unable to establish connection to the Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persist, please contact Technical Support."

Well my internet is working or I would not be able to post this. So....... WTH?? It worked fine up until 5:50 p.m. US Central time, then I had to go to work.
    edited June 2013
    This fixed it for me:

1. Click the Start button.
    2. On the Start menu, click Run....
    3. If you do not see the Run command in Vista, enter "run" in the Search bar.
    4. Type the following in the Run text box: ipconfig /flushdns
    edited June 2013
    Same error message... still nothing... Guess its back to watching YouTube videos.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited June 2013
    Ok so I actually got the launcher and got into the game and played for about 15 minutes. The server stopped responding and I got kicked out to the login screen within the game. Times out trying to login to the login server. Exited the game and the launcher comes up but after my user/password and hit login it says: Unable to authenticate. This is the part where I let out a huge SIGH. :rolleyes:
    edited June 2013
    3:22 am CST and am now able to get in the game. Hope all you others can as well.
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalmacius wrote: »
    I got a Fatal Error yesterday, just by beaming down to New Romulus. This has happened before. I am getting Critical Errors very often now. I used to welcome these Critical Errors because it used to fix a lot of bugs that could not be fixed by Support. Well, now I can't log on to the game because the Launcher does not show on the screen. Without it, I can't put my account name and password, so there is no way I can even have a chance to play until this is fixed. And I don't know how long this will take. I wasn't booted out, just got an error....not my error.

Well, I have decided to fix it myself and I think I have a solution, if you don't mind waiting some time to repeat previous patches.

I'm back into the game my solution worked. I used Windows System Restore bringing the system back to July 1. I had to patch about 7000MB. I did file a support ticket via email to PWE Customer Support. I seems that my fix has solved my problem before their reply as they have so many tickets to reply to.

I hope this fix works for all of you whose Launcher is not visible.
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wont you post it in the bug's bit on the forums. That may help them fix it. But it's up to you what way you wann do it.
    I'm so happy :D