test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are energy weapon types now only race specific?

captainharkness1captainharkness1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
This may seem a stupid question but I have been using dominion polaron beams for a while with no issue until today I made tier 4 omega and chose omega graviton amplifier. The skill shows in my weapon description but it states above the skill (** only active with dominion ships or cardassian galor). the same goes for phased polaron weapons.

So what I'm wondering is do I now HAVE to equip race specific weapons with their race equivalent ships in order to get my reputation skills? IE I must use phasers for FED and Disruptors for KDF or no reputation bonuses?

That would really suck.

Anybody else come across this issue or hopefully shed some light on it for me?

Thanks
Post edited by captainharkness1 on

Comments

• kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no...the jem'hadr space set gives polaron weapons a chance to debuff a target....but only with polaron weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you have the full Jem'hadar space set equipped? There's an additional bonus when using Polaron weapons where you have a 1% chance to strip a buff from your target. This only works on Dominion ships or the Galor.
  • captainharkness1captainharkness1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Do you have the full Jem'hadar space set equipped? There's an additional bonus when using Polaron weapons where you have a 1% chance to strip a buff from your target. This only works on Dominion ships or the Galor.
    I do have the full jem hadar set but beneath the stats for the dominion beams I get the new omega skill bonus.

It reads exactly "to target 2.5% chance 751.4 kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration on directed energy attacks. 5% chance to trigger on torpedo and mine attacks" and that is exactly what is written on my omega graviton amplifier skill description This also appears on my torps and mines but without the "**only works on jem'har vessels and the cardassian galor"

The torps and mines eing non dominion weapons it seems like they are limiting your choice of energy weapons
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope the OWA works perfectly, as i just tested it with tetryon, phaser, plasma, AP, Polaron and Disruptor. they all proc'ed successfully. what your seeing with the ** is from the full jem set so you can ignore it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • captainharkness1captainharkness1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    nope the OWA works perfectly, as i just tested it with tetryon, phaser, plasma, AP, Polaron and Disruptor. they all proc'ed successfully. what your seeing with the ** is from the full jem set so you can ignore it.
    That's a relief :)

Thanks for the assist M8!
  • ollie4ollie4 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know how complex and detailed the in game's stat system can be, but I try not to let any of that get in the way of my enjoyment of the game. I basically build however the heck I want and play how I want. Might not be canon or true to life or give the ultimate MMO build etc.