test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noob questions about chat, teams and friends...

georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
Sorry for the noob questions but I have to ask cause I haven't found an answer somewhere and don't seem able to find it by myself...:rolleyes:

1. When I'm in the public channel (in-game chat) and join an STF or R.Alert am I still talking to public channel or am I automatic switching to another one?
Some times I can see messages from guys in the same battle (and talk to them) and some times cant see anything or if I try to talk I seem to being talking to public.......
I'm really confused about that one...:confused:
And when in public channel that means all people playing the game or just people in the area I m currently in?

2.How do you join a team with other players? I have accepted team invitations many times but don't know how I can send one....and they seem useful in combat with team buffs and all that...
(Only options I get when "clicking on another's ship is details and a pin-like button)

3. How do you send friend invites and what do you get from an invited friend? And where can you see that invited friends? I accepted a friend invite from someone but dont know where i can find him or what is that meaning anyway....

Thanks in advance :)
Post edited by georgedp on

Comments

• Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) On the left of where you type your chat there will be a little button that if you click will allow you to change the current channel you are typing into. When you are in an stf change the channel to team and all on your team will be able to see your words.

If you leave this on zone then everyone doing the same stf (including all the other teams that may be doing it) will be able to see your chat. Some people have zone turned off so this is probably why you sometimes don't get response from your team-mates.

2) To invite someone to join a team click on them then right click their portrait. Their portrait is the box that appears at the top of the screen with a head shot of their character.

3) When you right click someone's portrait (see point 2) you will also get the option to send them a friend invite. To see your current list of friends press o then click on the friends tab that will be found on the pop up.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    :P never thought of right click! Leftover of flash games :rolleyes:

and when right clicking the challenge player what is for?

the two other tabs I have in chat, NPC and combat what are they?
  • Options
    jemal999jemal999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a related question: Is there a way to add a friend who's offline? I've been trying but can't seem to get it to work.
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i believe the default key is 'o'. this will open window with a few different tabs at the top. one of them is your friends list. there should be another button to invite friend, by typing in their @handle.

hope this helps :)

good luck!!
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    georgedp wrote: »
    :P never thought of right click! Leftover of flash games :rolleyes:

and when right clicking the challenge player what is for?

the two other tabs I have in chat, NPC and combat what are they?

npc is what your bridge officers are saying and\or any other Non Player Character.

the combat one is so you can see what damage you are doing and receiving.

all tabs are customizable. just go to chat settings and play around, it can't hurt. :)

have fun kill bad guys!!!
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ok got it! thanks :)