test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium & latnium

komarkkomark Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Academy
I was wondering if I could trade ec for dilithium or latnium.
Post edited by komark on

Comments

• wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes you can for ec buy contraband and you can find latinum on exchnage
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Oops. Misread OP. Never mind.
    <3
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wenom4 wrote: »
    and you can find latinum on exchnage

Oh? Since when?
    <3
  • jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While you cannot directly buy Dilithium with Energy Credits, you can use the work around posted above.

Buy Contraband with your EC from other users or from the exchange then visit the Security Officer on the station to run a Doff mission that will convert the Contraband into 2000 dilithium.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And there's always the Dabo tables to convert ECs into GPL...
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish you could. I have more EC and Latinum then I will ever need in this game and am scraping by with Dilithium (I don't do the multiple toon farming, I don't have that much time in the day to do one properly let alone multiple).
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jessiecolt wrote: »
    While you cannot directly buy Dilithium with Energy Credits, you can use the work around posted above.

Buy Contraband with your EC from other users or from the exchange then visit the Security Officer on the station to run a Doff mission that will convert the Contraband into 2000 dilithium.

Is there a listing of quests to do, that will allow you to get Latinum?
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To my knowledge there are no quests that reward Latinum in any form, at least not directly. During the Summer and Winter events you can turn in certain items you get from their quests (Favors for Summer and the various commodities for Winter) at a specific NPC for Latinum, but those are time-limited events.

The most common source of Latinum is the Dabo tables in various social zones. You can bet either EC or Latinum, but the reward for a good spin is always Latinum.

There are a couple DOFF missions that can award Latinum that I'm aware of. One involves selling Contraband, the other involves having one of your officers playing Dabo.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • fedasv2fedasv2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I found some prototype consoles on the exchange, gave them to a ferengi that gave me HEAPS of latnium. thats best way to get it by far. hard going getting prototype consoles now though
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you really need GPL, you can buy lolunat favors on the exchange for EC and sell them for 100 GPL each to the Ferengi on Risa. It's irritating in that you can only sell 1 favor at a time, and it doesn't count towards your "win GPL" accolade tally, but it can get you what you need for Special Deal on Entertainment Provisions, or whatever else you want GPL for.