test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Off/left hand weapon slot.

admiraltirad235admiraltirad235 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
An off/left hand weapon slot would be awesome because then you can dual wield swords with different traits and have energy shields(acts kind of like a PSG, but can be turned on/off, that rests on the fore-arm and turns 90 degrees). THats all I have for now, so some suggestions and feedback would be nice.
Post edited by admiraltirad235 on

Comments

• bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Short version: No.

Longer version: I hate having "off-hand" slots in other MMOs. You don't always get good upgrades at the same time, meaning you could have a really good main-hand weapon, and a TRIBBLE off-hand, or two different damage types ("rainbow away teams"?).

I wouldn't mind a new item that was dual swords, similar to the dual-wield pistols. But not a new slot. And not an off-hand shield, because we already have personal shields. No need for both.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited June 2013
    What would happen to the dual pistols then??? Would you equip 2 sets <four> pistols at once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dual wield swords ? Not sure if STO is the right game you're looking for^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jerotijeroti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adon333 wrote: »
    What would happen to the dual pistols then??? Would you equip 2 sets <four> pistols at once?

I can get behind this idea. Have an extra set of limbs in the Z store so you can equip four pistols at once.
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thats not a bad idea, but swords arent for Star Trek:eek:

But sense the launch of LOR i was thinking about, what if we can have at least 3 weapon slots
    instead of 2?
    I only say this because in my inventory on my Fed toon I have 5 ground weapons i always use, but in different situations depending on who im fighting against.
    My standard weapons are my Elite Fleet Phaser Rifle and a Romulan Plasma Split Beam rifle, and only could use 2 at a time and would love to use those at the same time have my anti-borg anti-proton sniper rifle equiped.Then i would be doing even better:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"