test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Genetics (Science II)

fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
What do I need to have that assignment available? I have completed the Basic and Science I already, but the next phases Science II, III, and IV are greyed out.

I'm a Vice Admiral with Science as my career, so I doubt my rank or career choice is the issue.
Post edited by fidelstix on

Comments

• fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nobody has the info on this?
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's your Science commendation level? (Go to the Doffs window, and then to Overview)
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's your science CXP level IIRC. To be honest you're better off breeding tribbles with food, you can control what you get easier.
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's it, my lvl is currently 1 and well on its way to 2. Thanks for the answer. I already did all the tribble production and kept the best 4, plus the comet for me, long before I ever found the bridge had duty assignments :)

There is just so much to keep track of learn.
  • namaninnamanin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i've got a similar problem. i've got a "new" lvl 50 romulan engineer with science 2. but all he gets from doff is the basic genetics tier.

yet i have a very much older (haven't played the game for a year or 2) lvl 40 odd fed engineer with science 1 and he has had access to tier science I since lvl 20 odd..

is there some other requirement other than the science commendation levels?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You supposed not to bump posts more than 30 days old. :P

And there is no unlock. You simply have to own a Tier 4 Tribble to have access to the mission. Which you can either breed them yourself or simply by them off the exchange (which are cheap since they aren't as good as Reward or C-store tribbles).

And if you want to breed them, go HERE.
    edited October 2013
    not sure what you mean. using basic genetics doff missions i've created howes. that didn't unlock tribble genetics (science 1) doff missions.

for that matter, i'm sure i've bred a load of hen/nix, etc (which you can using the basic tier assignments)
    edited October 2013
    namanin wrote: »
    not sure what you mean. using basic genetics doff missions i've created howes. that didn't unlock tribble genetics (science 1) doff missions.

for that matter, i'm sure i've bred a load of hen/nix, etc (which you can using the basic tier assignments)

Okay, I'll make this extremely simple:

Unlock Tier 1 = Have a DeAngelo, Cavaellaro, Stacy, or Howe Tribble in your Inventory
    Unlock Tier 2 = Have a Mattson or Riccoso Tribble in your Inventory
    Unlock Tier 3 = Have a Highson, Velesquez, Griffis, or Daxter Tribble in your Inventory
    Unlock Tier 4 = Have a Zinc, Yu, Nielson, or Harrington Tribble in your Inventory

If you got that Tribble, the mission becomes available.

And all the mission does is turn one into it's opposite counterpart. For an Example: It would turn a Mattson into a Riccoso. Or Turn a Riccoso into a Mattson. That's all the missions do, even on Criticals.
    edited October 2013
    that's the point. i did have a howe (a few howes actually) in the inventory and it was still grayed out.....

i'll have a look at the other alt and see which ones he has and transfer some around.. strangely, the other alt was created ages ago (and unplayed) and has the tier 1 available (he only has sci 1).

the wiki says a crit gives the next tier...?
    edited October 2013
    namanin wrote: »
    that's the point. i did have a howe (a few howes actually) in the inventory and it was still grayed out.....

i'll have a look at the other alt and see which ones he has and transfer some around.. strangely, the other alt was created ages ago (and unplayed) and has the tier 1 available (he only has sci 1).

the wiki says a crit gives the next tier...?

/shrug. I only did the mission like 3 times and gave up on it since it had no value. I suggest you do the same before you go insane.