What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet T'varo or Fleet Dhelan?

2»

Comments

• alopenalopen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    corjet wrote: »
    Well, this is about a Romulan character so a B'rel doesn't factor into the equation. I chose the T'varo - because it was kinda chosen for me since I got the Romulan pack (small version) and I could get the Fleet version at Fleet Tier 1, where as the D'helan's Fleet version comes at Tier 5. For some that could be a long wait. I did grab the Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator from the Valdore, and that made survivability a bit better and had to change my layout.

I now see that the DT does speed up at times, and also can switch to another mob. I have seen it blown up by mobs too; especially when I'm cloaked and fire it, then run away. Or if I fire it at over 5k range. Although it does help, I do not rely on it since the long cool down and you never know what you might aggro. Firing it at ships is a definite hit or miss.

Fleet Dhelan is SB tier 2 not 5. The flying TRIBBLE with wings is tier 5. :D
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont use the destabilized torp for anything, rather have the console slot for something more reliable
    djf021 wrote: »
    1. Must be a C-store ship (both are) so it will be account wide for future characters.

4. Knowing I also play PVP, I want the "special" console to be USEFUL for PVP.
    !

Right now the Destabilized Torp console is super useful. Why? Because when you fire the torp it reduces the remaining cooldown on all tac skills. This is undoubtedly a bug.

(BTW, Fleet ships are character unlocks, Retrofits are account unlocks.)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have both ships... and t'varo is the one i love. Tac character, 4 DHC front, 2 turrets and borg cutting beam aft (with the borg console for the bonus).
    I use both consoles from the t'varo set and properly flown it is a mean damage dealing machine.

There are ways to avoid the bug with the DPT, just don't use APO when firing the DPT and try to shoot it while flying straight, better if cloaked. It really does not matter much if the DPT hits the shields or the hull... the debuff is so good that any enemy is finished quickly if the torp does not kill it when hit. You just have to choose the right target for the torpedo... cubes, generators, gates, groups caught in a grav well of 3 or more raptors, neghvars... don't waste it with other targets.

My fleetmates love it when i bring my t'varo to ESTF... cubes at KASE explode really fast, generators and first cube at ISE last only a few seconds, and playing CURE... i usually can defend the kang, keeping it intact, and kill the 6 raptors that spawn at the same time with no help (neghvars die really fast too with a grav well and a DPT, it's amazing). It is not a ship to fight gates or tac cubes alone, but ANYTHING other than those you can deal with usually in a matter of seconds without help... the second console from the set is "da thing", it gives you the survivability needed to kill the enemy before it kills you, quantum absorption gives you that needed time to finish whatever is in front of you... and then you use the console to recharge the singularity fast and go to the next target. The tactic is real simple... get close, fire DPT, uncloak and blast it while using your skills to keep you alive. Done. :D
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the Fleet T'varo. As others have stated, it's a pretty versatile ship.

I've tried it as a torp boat with little success. I may come back to this with some tweeks but ultimately, I found the EBC useless if you're constantely firing off Torps.

It's fast and has a good BoFF and Console layout. She's a good in n' out attack ship.

The destabilized plasma torp is both a blessing and a curse. It's slow but if it doesn't bug out and actually reaches its target, it can unload some considerable AoE pain. The downside is, it's the only Targetable Projectile I know of that actually detonates even when it's shot down. So if you happen to launch one and your target hits CSV, TS or BFAW, the destabilized plasma torp can blow up in your face and do your target's work for him. It's still worth having the 2-console set equipped for the reduced CD on Torps and, for the moment, on all Tac abilities.

I was planning on migrating to the Haakona Advanced Warbird once I got all the Rep Gear and consoles I needed for a proper build but now I'm reconsidering. I've grown quite fond of the Fleet T'varo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeternavitaaeternavita Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doomicile wrote: »
    I've grown quite fond of the Fleet T'varo.

That says it the way I feel about it, I've just grown fond of it. I'm using it as a torp boat and for daily missions it really outperforms anything I've ever used before. I have a Reman set equipped for normal stuff so I need to remember to re-equip the breen stuff when I try borgs... where it really is rather embarrassing frankly so I tend to only do elite borg stfs with fleetmates who don't get furious with me when I cloak and run from a swarm of spheres.

I suspect that if I were to respec into energy weapons it would do quite respectably.

It's a beautiful ship with the Reman set equipped and I really get a thrill in Azure Nebula Rescue when I swing around an asteroid at full impulse and unleash TSIII on unsuspecting Tholians.
  • stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    The T'Varo special console results in a wonky HY torpedo that sometimes don't fire at all.

I've observed this a few times when I attempt to launch the unstable torp and the enemy leaves my firing arc or one of us is quickly knocked out of range. It activates, goes into cooldown and nothing launched. For example if a Tractor-Repulsor enters the mix.
  • stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't have access to tier-5 fleet ships, but I keep gravitating back to the fleet T'Varo for my Tactical captain. During STF runs, I've seen my unstable torp hit unshielded tactical cubes upwards of 167k. I have a lot of fun launching the red ball of doom at 5km from a bunch of trash mobs, decloak & tear down their shields at 3km with cannon rapid volley and then watch the screen turn red when the torp impacts kills everything.

Last night my Science captain just reached L.50 so I gave that alt a regular T'Varo. I had a lot of fun using that ship with my Science space skills.
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd say get the T'varo.

Not only is it one of the best looking ships in the fleet but as a torpedo boat it performs very nicely. It's also possibly an even better science vessel than the Ha'nom - for not being the size of a small moon and you can fire off abilities even while cloaked.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dhelan represent! :D

There are a lot of things I like about this ship.

5 tac consoles
    can fit dual Aux2Bat
    Lt Cmdr Sci

The console set is a little gimped though, especially compared to the Mogai's.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dhelan represent! :D

There are a lot of things I like about this ship.

5 tac consoles
    can fit dual Aux2Bat
    Lt Cmdr Sci

The console set is a little gimped though, especially compared to the Mogai's.

The T'Varo can do dual Aux2batt and a Lt Com sci or eng or tac, just not the 5 tac consoles.

It does have better turn and an EBC

/\