test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add a Basic Snap To Chair Mechanic

cybershadow1cybershadow1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
while a small number of chairs on the bridge and around your ship interior have a click to sit script 90% of the chairs in the game lack this.

now i understand that adding this to everything would cause problems however why is there no detection script built into the various sit emotes.

it is not difficult to add a subroutine that will check for a chair object ID within a short radius and snap the character into the proper position.

this nonsense about having to spend a minute or two standing on-top of tables and chairs and trying to align a character manually for something as simple as a sit command is beyond asinine.

on a side note it is makes the environments look unnatural when npc's are always standing everywhere there needs to be some more natural NPC sandbox movement just to improve the feel of the game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cybershadow1 on

Comments

• naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably not that easy - most maps are probably 'compiled'...reduced to a single object, not a set of distinct objects.

I remember in NWN you could add new objects to pre-existing maps, but couldn't do anything with the 'compiled' maps themselves.

But certain maps should probably be looked at. I'm surprised the new Drozana doesn't have chairs you can click on.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Probably not that easy - most maps are probably 'compiled'...reduced to a single object, not a set of distinct objects.

I remember in NWN you could add new objects to pre-existing maps, but couldn't do anything with the 'compiled' maps themselves.

But certain maps should probably be looked at. I'm surprised the new Drozana doesn't have chairs you can click on.

They have access to the source data from which the maps were compiled, they can recompile the maps after making the change wards
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I would certainly say that the devs' priority for "updating every chair in every map in the game with a click-to-sit function" is definitely higher than, say, "making epohhs fly over the moon in a reverse V formation."

But still pretty low overall. :)