test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev: Why canceling a project doesnt refund the resources?

2»

Comments

• Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I activated the crystalline entity event in my rep menu and can't cancel it. Given how long the event has been over, I'm surprised it let me queue it up at all (i didn't know what it was at the time) :D

But I've got that 2nd slot I can still use anyway....
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    havokreign wrote: »
    I activated the crystalline entity event in my rep menu and can't cancel it. Given how long the event has been over, I'm surprised it let me queue it up at all (i didn't know what it was at the time) :D

But I've got that 2nd slot I can still use anyway....

Well, you'll be all queued up next time they run the event.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is that a dig? :-)

I suppose it is. Don't take it personally. I'd just rather they work on things like... fixing bugs and improving game mechanics. Which they seem to be doing, based on some recent patch notes.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    matrix0 wrote: »
    I just tried to cancel a project and got a pop-up stating that all resources that I put into it would be lost.

Reputation projects of later tier require a massive resource gathering. That means time. Therefore, it would be nice if the resources could be refund. Otherwise, what is the point of canceling a project? may as well finish it and get the item.

You won't do THAT again... will you?! I lost 500 Romulan marks and didn't make that mistake again...

It would be nice if there was a warning upon canceling (that if resources were allocated to the project) that you will lose those resources. The coding logic would be simple to do this.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sirokk wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was a warning upon canceling (that if resources were allocated to the project) that you will lose those resources. The coding logic would be simple to do this.

...it does.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...it does.

Yep. And you can't miss it.

As for the OP's situation, I look at Reputation Projects in the same light as store layaways. If you default on the layaway, you lose the money paid into it. The difference is that this game's Rep system gives you the chance to drop a project before you sink resources into it.

The moral of the story is don't get into a hurry clicking buttons, and pay attention to what you are doing.

===post above is from oldravenman3025===

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.