test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace Combat

bubbafloydbubbafloyd Member Posts: 23 Arc User
I have a suggestion for STO. I believe that STO should add the the ability for players who are PVP to be attacked by other non-faction PVP players in subspace while they are traveling between systems.

I also think that STO should give PVP players the ability to raid opposing faction stations and planets in subspace and in system view.

For example a fleet of Klingon ships could try to raid Earth, or a fleet of Federation ships could try to raid Kronos. Of course these ships would have to fight their way through subspace first.

They should also add roaming enemies, like a really tough Borg cube in subspace that is roaming around attacking anyone and anything.

Adding this ability would allow for more dynamic game play and would increase the fun level through the roof.

I used to play WOW and one of the funnest parts of WOW is sneaking around in enemy territory as you try to kill as many PVP gamers as possible and take out some enemy faction camps or mission markers.
USS Texas (NCC361836) - Ambassador Class
USS Dallas (NCC361836-A) - Defiant Class
USS Florida (NCC361513) - Sovereign Class (Mirror)
USS Stonewall Jackson (NCC241861) - Prometheus Class
Post edited by bubbafloyd on

Comments

• mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, no, and no again.

Geez, I'd hate to be on my way to be doing a mission and be randomly delayed by some Klingon players who want to fight me. I have better things to do.

That being said, if there were specific and clearly labelled systems or sector space set aside for the purpose that might be okay. You'd have to deliberately go there to fight rather than being interrupted as you mind your own business.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game used to have roaming enemies in sector space that would automatically try to intercept and attack players unless they were 5 levels above them.

It was an annoying feature and was removed.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    No, no, and no again.

Geez, I'd hate to be on my way to be doing a mission and be randomly delayed by some Klingon players who want to fight me. I have better things to do.

That being said, if there were specific and clearly labelled systems or sector space set aside for the purpose that might be okay. You'd have to deliberately go there to fight rather than being interrupted as you mind your own business.

Too bad RL isn't like this game, I'd hate to be on my way to bank will a million dollars in my pocket and be randomly delayed by some robbers who want to rob me.

YES OP, I also want to enjoy the chance at combat while travelling thru sector space.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Too bad RL isn't like this game, I'd hate to be on my way to bank will a million dollars in my pocket and be randomly delayed by some robbers who want to rob me.

YES OP, I also want to enjoy the chance at combat while travelling thru sector space.

Well, lucky for us this is a game full of lots of unrealistic things like phasers and spaceships and aliens. ;)

Like I said, compromise. Designate systems or specific sector space territory for those who want to fight each other and leave the rest for us to fly about minding our own business.
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking the other day that usually MMOs make travel both dangerous and time consuming, especially in the mid and high level areas. With absolutely ZERO enemies, and transwarps, it's almost like the entire galaxy is a series of loading zone gateways. You should risk confronting danger, flying around in deep space between the stars from raiders, borg, pirates, weird spatial anomalies, etc.

That being said, a resounding YES to both your ideas - IF

For Pvp - You have to Flag yourself to make yourself eligible to be attacked

AND

Roving NPCs - Sirius/Omega Leonis were 'safe zones' for newbies.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not entirely sold on the OP's idea - frankly, I despise any system where someone with supremely better gear can gank me for my baked beans while i'm trying to get to my next mission. And i have no love for PvP in general.

That said.

Sector space is waaay too boring right now. Yes, there are the Borg/Tholian Red Alerts and Enemy Encounters but they are, respectively, broken and simply battles of ****ing attrition than tests of skill.

Random Encounters should function more like they do in the Star Trek we know and love. You're ambushed by Klingon raiders en-route to your objective. It's going badly and you're probably going to die
    AND THEN

"Red Alert" plays and some random guy drops out of warp and joins the fight, turning the tables last minute in a magnificent display of firepower and movie-timing.

And then he presumably ganks you for your baked beans.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    only if anyone attacking a ship 10 levels or more lower is automatically deleted from the game

AND any ship attacking anyone turns hostile to ALL ships for 10 days

we do not need renegades
    Live long and Prosper
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sold on the OP's idea - frankly, I despise any system where someone with supremely better gear can gank me for my baked beans while i'm trying to get to my next mission. And i have no love for PvP in general.

That said.

Sector space is waaay too boring right now. Yes, there are the Borg/Tholian Red Alerts and Enemy Encounters but they are, respectively, broken and simply battles of ****ing attrition than tests of skill.

Random Encounters should function more like they do in the Star Trek we know and love. You're ambushed by Klingon raiders en-route to your objective. It's going badly and you're probably going to die
    AND THEN

"Red Alert" plays and some random guy drops out of warp and joins the fight, turning the tables last minute in a magnificent display of firepower and movie-timing.

And then he presumably ganks you for your baked beans.

Now this i like!

If you could send out a distress call that shows up to a random number of people moving about in the sector block you where in.

Now that would be awesome
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams